Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 425870 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 6
« Reply #3925 on: June 23, 2017, 02:14:51 am »

Let me just respond to some things:

faust, iguana, and ash all mentioned each other a lot.
I am the player with the highest post count (or was in the last post count made). It's not particularly surprising that I mention people more than the average player. Maybe you can show that I mentioned ash/iguana more than I mention other players, but I doubt it. Being active also means I'm more likely mentioned by others.

He ends the day going after mcmc hardcore for hammering, saying he was the scum hammer hero.  Scumread on confirmed town.

Wrong. I said:
Well clearly scum!mcmc wouldn't hammer town!J Reggie D1 at this point, because man does that look scummy.
on D1. I assumed Reggie flips scum. Clearly it doesn't make a lot of sense for sucm to push a read they know will be inconsequential.

I thought you had thought mcmc was scum hammer hero?  That sounds like a very likely explanation for another kill, given your stance at the end of D1.  Maybe you knew mcmc wasn't scum so you actually did realize this means there's an SK?
Explained above.

This is a very scummy reaction to the plan.
No it's not.

Hmm, I forgot about your sheeper stuff. That probably means we should not lynch you.

(Says the guy who killed PPS later on)
I mentioned the reasoning for killing PPS before I actually killed him.

To me, this feels like "Hey scumbuddy, you have a plan?  I'm interested in what you're going to say..."  Might be confirmation bias at this point, but it still just feels wrong.
Don't think that as scum I would already have known what the plan was?

Ash has a plan.  Ultimate bussing.  Ashersky tries to get lynched with a 1v1 with faust, which gives faust tons of townpoints.  Scum knows that TWM might hide behind iguana, so scum will have to bus him at some point anyway, so faust decides to bus iguana too.  Faust can then coast his way to victory, possibly using his extra vig shot to get the win before lylo.
That's bullshit. Noone would ever give me towncred for bussing ash. ash could have picked basically any other scum to bus him for better results. It doesn't take a genius to realize that any game situation involving ash and me will come under high scrutiny.

First, you shot targets that I think were fine for both town and scum.  You had already claimed before the massclaim so it was too late.
Yes I already claimed. Why in the world would scum!me have already claimed?

Maybe you didn't shoot right away?  You could have just claimed to have tried to shoot when you didn't, and N2 there's explanations of NKs that don't involve you.
Right there in my first D2 post I mentioned something was off; how could I have known if I didn't shoot?

Maybe you did it in the last few days?
Trust me, it just doesn't work as well.

His whole claim was a plan to get lynched.  I think it's a perfectly valid scum plan.
Yeah, amazing plan. Get lynched. Really top-notch stuff.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: June 23, 2017, 02:17:05 am »

Faust, we've played before, right?  Don't you remember that everybody always thinks I'm scummy and I always get mislynched?
You will notice that I'm voting for LaLight, not you.

But "I always get mislynched" just isn't enough at some point. You need to show us that you're town.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: June 23, 2017, 02:40:00 am »

This is a very scummy reaction to the plan.
No it's not.

Yes it is.

To me, this feels like "Hey scumbuddy, you have a plan?  I'm interested in what you're going to say..."  Might be confirmation bias at this point, but it still just feels wrong.

I was thinking that ash came up with it during the day.

Ash has a plan.  Ultimate bussing.  Ashersky tries to get lynched with a 1v1 with faust, which gives faust tons of townpoints.  Scum knows that TWM might hide behind iguana, so scum will have to bus him at some point anyway, so faust decides to bus iguana too.  Faust can then coast his way to victory, possibly using his extra vig shot to get the win before lylo.
That's bullshit. Noone would ever give me towncred for bussing ash. ash could have picked basically any other scum to bus him for better results. It doesn't take a genius to realize that any game situation involving ash and me will come under high scrutiny.

What does the person doing it have to do with anything?

First, you shot targets that I think were fine for both town and scum.  You had already claimed before the massclaim so it was too late.
Yes I already claimed. Why in the world would scum!me have already claimed?

Because you realized you would have to claim eventually and the claim was okay for town?

His whole claim was a plan to get lynched.  I think it's a perfectly valid scum plan.
Yeah, amazing plan. Get lynched. Really top-notch stuff.

People used to say that about bussing.  If it wins you the game then it's a good plan.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 5
« Reply #3928 on: June 23, 2017, 03:41:13 am »

Unfortunately, some things that work out quite mysteriously in timing make me think the LaLight bit of ash's speech may have been genuine.

I was just wondering, can you say what this is?
Not really.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: June 23, 2017, 07:14:34 am »

Yet you insinuate that I was already playing along with some sort of plan on that same day:

Yes you claim. YOu're not going to weasel yourself out of the massclaim. Vote: ashersky

You are the last (or second-to-last) person who I will listen to, given what I know.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: June 23, 2017, 07:15:28 am »

I'm actually voting for RR. Who probably just made a stupid joke. Vote: LaLight

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 23, 2017, 07:37:17 am »

should I make a stupid joke?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 23, 2017, 12:17:58 pm »

should I make a stupid joke?
If you make a stupid joke he'll vote for you!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 23, 2017, 12:22:50 pm »

Yet you insinuate that I was already playing along with some sort of plan on that same day:

Yes you claim. YOu're not going to weasel yourself out of the massclaim. Vote: ashersky

You are the last (or second-to-last) person who I will listen to, given what I know.

Ash came up with the plan, and told you the night after.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:13 pm »

So how do I know to bus him the same day?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 23, 2017, 12:28:15 pm »

I cannot shake the feeling that you're either blinded by confirmation bias or scum trying to mislynch me. I mean you just responded to those parts of my posts that you had rebuttals for, and didn't even acknowledge that I refuted the larger part of your case.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 23, 2017, 12:34:49 pm »

You didn't, really.  You started going after him more on the next day.

I cannot shake the feeling that you're either blinded by confirmation bias or scum trying to mislynch me. I mean you just responded to those parts of my posts that you had rebuttals for, and didn't even acknowledge that I refuted the larger part of your case.

There were several things you didn't mention as well, so I thought I would redo the favor.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 23, 2017, 12:40:37 pm »

You didn't, really.  You started going after him more on the next day.
I did. You quoted my post as an example of the bussing. You are not making any sense here.

There were several things you didn't mention as well, so I thought I would redo the favor.
Well yes, I only responded to the things worth responding to. I can hardly deny that my early reads were crap, so if you repeatedly bring that up, that is legitimate concern. But you made that case, so I thought that every point that I addressed was of some import to you, and that it would shake your read to realize the accusations were not legitimate.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:24 pm »

hmm

i'm glad i'm not the only one to be suspicious of Faust

unfortunately it had to come in my favorite form of ..."""scumhunting"""... the glorious exercise of overfitting and confirmation bias known as the quote by quote dissection.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 23, 2017, 02:55:01 pm »

@Faust how would you respond to the argument that like when you vigged PPS, your role is the strongest threat to town?

If you are scum a perfectly viable scenario has been pointed out where you still have a vig shot, and Galzria didn't actually block an Ashersky kill.

That potential certainly puts you as the highest risk person to town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 23, 2017, 03:08:47 pm »

@Faust how would you respond to the argument that like when you vigged PPS, your role is the strongest threat to town?

If you are scum a perfectly viable scenario has been pointed out where you still have a vig shot, and Galzria didn't actually block an Ashersky kill.
That's right of course. You should probably lynch me before LyLo. Scum!me could not shoot before that without outing himself.

But we're at 7 vs 2 now. If we mislynch and scum!me shoots, it's still 4 vs 2. That's not enough. After one mislynch, you should maybe shoot me.

Galzria can still block me though. Unless you assume we're both scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: June 23, 2017, 03:32:58 pm »

So here's the deal: Keep me alive until the next mislynch, the lynch me. Maybe I can make up for bad reads past and lynch the remaining scums before that happens.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 23, 2017, 04:12:34 pm »

So here's the deal: Keep me alive until the next mislynch, the lynch me. Maybe I can make up for bad reads past and lynch the remaining scums before that happens.

I hate "Just keep me alive" arguments.

If you are scum, your partner could be either Strongman or Roleblocker. If he's RB, he could block me from jailing you allowing you to shoot tonight. If we mislynch today then that puts us to MyLo tomorrow (7:2 now, lynch +2 NK = 4:2). Granted you would then be lynched, but it would bring the final day down to the argument of "Was Galzria blocked,  or is he faust's scum partner?" And as I'm town this scenario concerns me because I think I get lynched (I think occams razor would suggest I'm scum there) and town loses.

Anyone else believe the Jake kill strongly implies that Galzria is town? If sucm had roleblocking capabilities, I'd think they would rather kill an IC.

This would be you trying to cover the likelihood of RB being present.

All that said, I don't really buy into Sudgy's case. The planned interactions with Ash and Iguana don't fit with my feelings on your interactions with the situation. Plus, I think Sudgy's vote for Space yesterday is leagues ahead of O and LaLight in respect to potential Iguana partners trying desperately to get one additional mislynch (assuming Space is town for the sake of this argument) in. Scum is 2 mislynches from LyLo (ordinary death expectancy), and I think they wanted that one real bad.

So... yeah. While I don't believe that you're scum more than Sudgy, I do think that given the threat that scum!Faust presents I could be talked into lynching you here.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 23, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »

Oh come on, that's ridiculous. There's no way I'm scummier than scummy McScumzor LaLight.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 23, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »

LaLight has done nothing but present a flimsy superficial O case today, then voted for me, the one person O consistently scumread. You can believe a lot of things but no way are O and I scum together, and a twon!LaLight who actually thinks about that kind of stuff would have realized, and would also have done more to figure this out.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: June 23, 2017, 06:30:56 pm »

Oh come on, that's ridiculous. There's no way I'm scummier than scummy McScumzor LaLight.

You were townreading me the whole game, what exactly changed? :(

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 23, 2017, 06:31:46 pm »

LaLight has done nothing but present a flimsy superficial O case today, then voted for me, the one person O consistently scumread. You can believe a lot of things but no way are O and I scum together, and a twon!LaLight who actually thinks about that kind of stuff would have realized, and would also have done more to figure this out.

O defended quite well against my case, if anything he is now more town than you

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 23, 2017, 06:32:17 pm »

And don't you think it's curious how my wagon is made up of the same people that were pushing for a Space lynch yesterday?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 23, 2017, 06:32:47 pm »

O defended quite well against my case, if anything he is now more town than you
So can you for once post reads on people with reasons?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: June 23, 2017, 06:33:01 pm »

Why would you present an "if we mislynch lynch me" as town? That wiuld be a nice way to lose the game. Unless you didn't really mean it and said so we just have this mislynch you want

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 19 queries.