Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 186390 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1025 on: February 08, 2018, 02:58:09 pm »

*coordinate, not communicate

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 08, 2018, 02:58:45 pm »

How do we know red is at 0? I missed that.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 08, 2018, 03:16:44 pm »

Sorry.. no mod stuff/vote count till late tonight (UK time) because I'm at Haddock's place this evening!

Since it came up, though, all my vote counts are automated, so I'm definitely being strict with the vote format.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 08, 2018, 03:35:00 pm »

Deadline's coming up but I'm okay with a Vote: awaclus. The status printout doesn't make sense to me and there doesn't seem to be an explanation.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 08, 2018, 03:50:12 pm »

Deadline's coming up but I'm okay with a Vote: awaclus. The status printout doesn't make sense to me and there doesn't seem to be an explanation.

There is also no reason for scum or town to lie about the result. In fact, it makes more sense for town to give a perplexing result.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 08, 2018, 03:50:51 pm »

No, my algorithm for picking the upper half does not include selecting the middle element of an odd-sized set in this case.

The ship appears to be functioning nominally for D2/going into Space Phase 2.

Red pool: 0
White pool: 5
Blue pool: 2

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 08, 2018, 04:41:15 pm »

yeah, e is right. I think theorel is actually a better choice atm.

vote: theorel

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 08, 2018, 06:47:38 pm »

How long do we have?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1033 on: February 08, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »

The Awaclus situation: Well, it don't look good. How he himself didn't realize the issue earlier is even worse.

Why would I realize the issue? Of course I expected the energy level to match with my results so I didn't go and check if it did.

It's not a hard calculation, friend. And what if somebody had refilled red? And you didn't care about the status of blue or white either?

During the day, no. I would have checked during the night. Actually I already forgot what's the status of blue and I'm not going to check right now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 08, 2018, 06:51:01 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

gkrieg13 (4): 2.71828....., theorel, iguanaiguana, LaLight
iguanaiguana (1): Skumpy
Awaclus (4): Haddock, faust, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671
Haddock (1): Awaclus
theorel (1): silverspawn
Not Voting (1): EFHW

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
D2 ends at noon forum time on Friday 9th February. This is just over 17 hours from now.

And yes, many apologies... there's a bit of miscalibration on the energy pool sensors! Something to do with a leaky connection on a plasma conduit, probably. You should probably send someone down to take a look, really...
Red pool: 1
White pool: 5
Blue pool: 2
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: February 08, 2018, 08:06:05 pm »

Ok, I think awaclus has been vindicated with his results. Resulted are not town/scum indicative, but I don't want to lynch him today

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1036 on: February 08, 2018, 08:10:46 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

This might be the last chance I get to post before deadline.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 08, 2018, 08:20:42 pm »

vote: Awaclus

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 08, 2018, 09:41:34 pm »

I can't believe that no one took cop.  I mean, just...ugh, really?  No one even tried?  What the crap were you people doing?  Just, how does this even happen?  Just as well that Awaclus didn't charge Red, because apparently it would have been wasted actions anyways.  No one tried to cop, no one tried to status print-out (except Awaclus), no one tried to Track (except EFHW), heck scum could have just spent their whole turn going to lower blue, and making nk's happen.  What'd everyone pass an action to make sure that we didn't end up with too many powers being used?

unvote gkrieg's not scummy any more, no more so than anyone else.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 08, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »

I can't believe that no one took cop.  I mean, just...ugh, really?  No one even tried?  What the crap were you people doing?  Just, how does this even happen?  Just as well that Awaclus didn't charge Red, because apparently it would have been wasted actions anyways.  No one tried to cop, no one tried to status print-out (except Awaclus), no one tried to Track (except EFHW), heck scum could have just spent their whole turn going to lower blue, and making nk's happen.  What'd everyone pass an action to make sure that we didn't end up with too many powers being used?

unvote gkrieg's not scummy any more, no more so than anyone else.

Regardless of your alignment; thank you for being the only one making sense. Now I REALLY want to know what faust, e, and Iguana were up to. Especially faust. He wouldn't have gone white, he wouldn't have gone blue. So what did he do in red? As for iguana: why you people have anything going for him other than that he wasn't in the top half, I don't know. Staying there for now. This upper half thing is still complete crap.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 09, 2018, 12:37:00 am »

vote: Awaclus
Really?

This is ridiculous.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 09, 2018, 12:38:01 am »

Anyway vote: gkrieg is the place to be I think.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:36 am »

Why?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 09, 2018, 12:51:30 am »

Why?
You went to red and claim to not have done anything. That's super scummy; you could have easily used Cop and left it for scum. You claimed to not have had the cards to do what was asked of you, which is unlikely. You were in the upper half. You were on the awful Jelly wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 09, 2018, 12:53:31 am »

This upper half thing is still complete crap.
I have shown that people in the upper half are 50% more likely scum that people in the lower half. You have yet to explain why this is "complete crap".

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 09, 2018, 01:01:15 am »

Why?
You went to red and claim to not have done anything. That's super scummy; you could have easily used Cop and left it for scum. You claimed to not have had the cards to do what was asked of you, which is unlikely. You were in the upper half. You were on the awful Jelly wagon.

How is that scummy?  The fact that I didn’t have any blue cards isn’t super unlikely. Because I knew that people were expecting me to go for blue, so I wanted to block as few people as possible. How was I supposed to know that people weren’t going to go for cop? 

Being in the upper half was out of my control, and the CJ wagon was mainly to get a lynch through. I hadn’t realized that we were at an even number and that night actions would be so important and that a no lynch wouldn’t have been bad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 09, 2018, 01:02:40 am »

Wait, is there an unclaimed cop shot?

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 09, 2018, 01:54:41 am »

This upper half thing is still complete crap.
I have shown that people in the upper half are 50% more likely scum that people in the lower half. You have yet to explain why this is "complete crap".

Because you're not involving any other factors whatsoever into it. In the absence of other information, then sure. But everybody in the top half has at least explained themselves somewhat, albeit a lot of suspicious cases. If we mislynch today, is the lynch pool going to stay in the top 6 of people today for you if we don't get any investigative info tonight (which isn't crazy, considering we got basically none N1 and that at your insistence, people are trying to get to the lower deck where they can't pick up more).

What you should be worried about is that there are 3 people (who notably aren't in the top half) who have not bothered to give any explanation about their night action. Normally, it wouldn't be so terrible, but now that we know that NOBODY went for a cop, then what the heck were they up to? Somebody blocked blue Round 2 (c'mon, obviously no one tried for WV round 3 - they wanted to go down the lift). Perhaps it was gkrieg. But as of right now, based on what people have said, he's the only person who possibly could've - and I find it very difficult to believe that he was both the only person who went red and the person who did in fact shut off blue. As I've said (and as you agreed), it's likely that it was somebody late in the order who did it. Such as, I don't know, Iguana?

He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 09, 2018, 01:55:01 am »

How is that scummy?  The fact that I didn’t have any blue cards isn’t super unlikely. Because I knew that people were expecting me to go for blue, so I wanted to block as few people as possible. How was I supposed to know that people weren’t going to go for cop? 
In your shoes, I would have preferred to take a Cop shot myself instead of potentially leaving it lying around for scum to pick up...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 09, 2018, 01:59:34 am »

What you should be worried about is that there are 3 people (who notably aren't in the top half) who have not bothered to give any explanation about their night action. Normally, it wouldn't be so terrible, but now that we know that NOBODY went for a cop, then what the heck were they up to? Somebody blocked blue Round 2 (c'mon, obviously no one tried for WV round 3 - they wanted to go down the lift). Perhaps it was gkrieg. But as of right now, based on what people have said, he's the only person who possibly could've - and I find it very difficult to believe that he was both the only person who went red and the person who did in fact shut off blue. As I've said (and as you agreed), it's likely that it was somebody late in the order who did it. Such as, I don't know, Iguana?
And what do we get out of them claiming? Fakeclaiming anything is a super easy task here. e did not say something earlier because he wasn't around. I don't see the need to reveal info about myself. iguana is somewhat scummy, but not nearly as much as gkrieg.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 66  All

Page created in 2.247 seconds with 20 queries.