Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 186491 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: February 05, 2018, 04:48:57 am »

I still am quite sure there was scum among theory talkers D1
And let's also talk about how idiotic this point is. Do you believe scum went into N0 strategizing things like "oh, we have to make sure to have at least one of us talk about setup a lot, because that will get us town cred." and later "oh no LaLight found us out"

Faust and me talked a lot about setup because we always do if the setup is logically interesting. Saying there is scum among the setup talkers has as much merit as saying there is scum among the first 3 fibonacci numbers in the signup order. It means nothing. It's only trivially likely based on probability.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 05, 2018, 04:51:28 am »

As I see it, there are  about zero events that are less likely to have occurred with faust being mafia and several that are more likely to have occurred, such as

1) faust arguing for wiggling the mouse
2) faust pursuing this case on me right now
3) faust not wanting us to claim colors
4) faust not dying N1

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 05, 2018, 04:52:22 am »

5) blue A&B being disabled

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 05, 2018, 05:16:29 am »

and I have faked townslips as town before multiple times. faust had me as his top town read yesterday, and now a TOWN SLIP made him put me at the other end of the list? Come on.
I had you as my top townread early D1, certainly not by the end of D1.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 05, 2018, 05:18:00 am »

As I see it, there are  about zero events that are less likely to have occurred with faust being mafia and several that are more likely to have occurred, such as

4) faust not dying N1
It's funny how you always throw around dirt and try to see what sticks, but never actually back things up with a vote.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 05, 2018, 05:19:16 am »

4) faust not dying N1
Oh, oh, you not dying N1 is also more likely if you are mafia! Fun fact: Not dying N1 makes everyone more likely to be scum!

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:21 am »

Sort of. More specifically: you agreed that scum sent somebody Red to block upper blue. Obviously, someone used a night kill. Maybe the same person or a third wanted to get a secret cop switch. Given the order of those 4, who does what of that stuff?
For RR/iguana, you could have one do red -> nightkill -> block blue A/B and the other going for the Cop switch. Or not. The beautiful thing about Cop switch is you don't actually have to use it, its mere presence is enough, so you can play a WIFOM game there. Another option is to try and get lucky with the lifts.

This is the point I'm trying to make. It's the people at the end who are going to do the scummy stuff because of course their lift and/or action failed - after all, everybody was ahead of them! So hold them accountable, and either make them either prove that they know some of what transpired ahead of them or make them take a guess. As for the WIFOM nature of the cop switch, maybe later in the game. But for D2, if a cop reports a scum, I'm going to assume that either the cop is lying scum or that town actually found a scum. If I'm wrong 2/13 times when the cop switch actually was effective, then I lose 2/13 games. So be it.

Ok. Look.

I know with 100% certainty, mod-confirmed, that Blue A&B was disabled. I went blue to visit faust, but but failed. I planed this before faust made us claim WV targets, see here

maybe we should stop the theory talk, otherwise an angry faust might pay you a visit. Get it? Ok it's a bad pun...

Observe that a) this already proves that the narrative faust just made up is false

A scum team like that has silver in 5, which is the ideal position - not bound to any plan, but you have a rough idea of what all the players ahead of you are going to do. silver would definitely try to reach the lower deck. Central lift is blocked phase 1 and possibly phase 2 (due to theorel). Red and blue lifts are blocked phase 2. So ideally you go red/blue -> action -> lift. It's very unlikely for town!silver to be blocked out of using any actions, so it would be scummy to claim that, so he probably tries the most "pro-town" thing and uses red Cop.

And b) it gives scum a lot of incentive to block blue A&B since faust was expected to be visited.

And faust's attack on me is so ridiculous that I have a hard time seeing it come from town. The idea that I am not capable of forgetting such a setup detail is RIDICULOUS. You've all known me for years. I mess up and forget details ALL THE TIME, and if one person has experienced that first hand, it's faust.

Also what evidence do we actually have that he's town? Like, none?

First off, let me say: This is going to come off as me defending faust against you. It's not. I'd say faust is scum much sooner than I'd say you were. But there is stuff here I would disagree with

1) Capitalizing the whole deal with upper blue. That upper blue was disabled shouldn't be a shock. Again: if scum has 12 actions to burn, 3 can be easily spared on moving Red and 2 C actions. If nobody had threatened to WV a scum, then scum still doesn't want people making successful visits to allow townsfolk to guarantee people are safe.

2) The faust narrative against you. That was me telling to him to make a narrative. I said I could see most of his list being scum. 'Most', because I think it was a bad choice to include you in it. Please don't be ssscum.

Also, I've known you for like a spaceday and a half. Just sayin'

I don't know what's most important to claim now - I might if I had some sort of secret I want to hang on to, but I don't because everybody knows what I did. I don't see a big problem with Red/Blue/Lift claims. I do think Trackers should keep their cards as close to the vest for as long as possible.

I still am quite sure there was scum among theory talkers D1
And let's also talk about how idiotic this point is. Do you believe scum went into N0 strategizing things like "oh, we have to make sure to have at least one of us talk about setup a lot, because that will get us town cred." and later "oh no LaLight found us out"

Faust and me talked a lot about setup because we always do if the setup is logically interesting. Saying there is scum among the setup talkers has as much merit as saying there is scum among the first 3 fibonacci numbers in the signup order. It means nothing. It's only trivially likely based on probability.

I mean, you just voted faust, so...

Here's the thing: the reason why I actually agree with LaLight even though I am one of the incriminants is not that people who don't normally talk about setup are now talking about setup. It's that if none of the 4 scum were among the talkers, I find it strange that all 4 of them would be content to sit back and let 4+ town talk to their heart's content. At the very least, one of them has to at least fake being involved with setup discussion.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:45 am »

4) faust not dying N1
Oh, oh, you not dying N1 is also more likely if you are mafia! Fun fact: Not dying N1 makes everyone more likely to be scum!

Well, here I can see silver's point. Not everyone is you
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 05, 2018, 05:31:35 am »

4) faust not dying N1

Yeah, but in a setup that includes Doctoring (ok, may have been disabled) and Commuting, how good an idea is it really to go for the usual nightkill? I'd actually say I'm less likely to be a N1 NK target here than a random townie.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 05, 2018, 05:32:47 am »

Also what evidence do we actually have that he's town? Like, none?
What evidence do we actually have that you are town?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: February 05, 2018, 05:53:40 am »

4) faust not dying N1

Yeah, but in a setup that includes Doctoring (ok, may have been disabled) and Commuting, how good an idea is it really to go for the usual nightkill? I'd actually say I'm less likely to be a N1 NK target here than a random townie.

Well, here we step into the "levels and levels" environment
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 05, 2018, 07:28:08 am »

I have to admit that I really don't understand what we expect to get out of fully claiming all night-actions received.  Not that it isn't worth it, I just don't get it.
I took no night-actions.

I do feel like faust is overplaying his "I'm town" hand.  While I'm not sure it's scummy it does feel unearned, and makes me wary of what he wants us to do.  At this stage though, I feel like his request is relatively safe even if I don't understand the proposed benefits.

I don't think silver is necessarily scum though.  I think scum knowing the full red-white-blue split of town is relatively bad for town.  And I'm not convinced we actually are able to determine who is scum from it (just like the night-actions).

I think if someone did something scummy overnight it's awaclus, and I think just shrugging and moving on is exactly what scum would want to happen.  I'm feeling less benevolent towards too-scummy-to-be-scum since O abused the notion as scum.

I'm still a little under the weather, so I'm gonna stick a vote: awaclus here...not sure how often I'll be checking back in.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #812 on: February 05, 2018, 07:36:13 am »

I have to admit that I really don't understand what we expect to get out of fully claiming all night-actions received.  Not that it isn't worth it, I just don't get it.
I took no night-actions.

I do feel like faust is overplaying his "I'm town" hand.  While I'm not sure it's scummy it does feel unearned, and makes me wary of what he wants us to do.  At this stage though, I feel like his request is relatively safe even if I don't understand the proposed benefits.

I don't think silver is necessarily scum though.  I think scum knowing the full red-white-blue split of town is relatively bad for town.  And I'm not convinced we actually are able to determine who is scum from it (just like the night-actions).

I think if someone did something scummy overnight it's awaclus, and I think just shrugging and moving on is exactly what scum would want to happen.  I'm feeling less benevolent towards too-scummy-to-be-scum since O abused the notion as scum.

I'm still a little under the weather, so I'm gonna stick a vote: awaclus here...not sure how often I'll be checking back in.

The problem with that is that I'm not too scummy to be scum, I'm too towny to be scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 05, 2018, 08:04:31 am »

The problem with that is that I'm not too scummy to be scum, I'm too towny to be scum.
You're mainly too awfully playing to be scum, even if I'd really like to have you out of the game.

How do you know you were roleblocked?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #814 on: February 05, 2018, 08:18:09 am »

You're mainly too awfully playing to be scum, even if I'd really like to have you out of the game.

Didn't say I know I was roleblocked. I just have the status printout so I know someone used the action.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 05, 2018, 08:37:24 am »

Didn't say I know I was roleblocked. I just have the status printout so I know someone used the action.
...okay.

Can you also confirm silver's claim that noone used actions from upper blue A/B?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 05, 2018, 08:42:01 am »

Simple question for silver: Why did you not use Cop?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 05, 2018, 08:47:17 am »

Didn't get a mafia game action.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #818 on: February 05, 2018, 09:22:52 am »

Can you also confirm silver's claim that noone used actions from upper blue A/B?

Yes.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 05, 2018, 09:24:49 am »

4) faust not dying N1
It's funny how you always throw around dirt and try to see what sticks, but never actually back things up with a vote.

vote: faust

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 05, 2018, 09:32:56 am »

Well okay. We can believe that. I saw some merit n Skumpy's proposal to have failed actions claimed, but now... all blue actions are safe to claim anyway.

So we just proceed to have successful actions claimed. The investigative ones may want to hang back a bit. RB/Commuter, there is no reason not to claim that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 05, 2018, 09:46:27 am »

The 3 people who have not claimed anything about their night acitons are EFHW, e, RR.

Scummy.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 05, 2018, 09:49:58 am »

I was last in the thingy so I can't imagine I have too much to claim
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 05, 2018, 09:50:53 am »

I was last in the thingy so I can't imagine I have too much to claim
I was just going to prod you!
So I take that to mean that you took no successful mafia game action.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 05, 2018, 09:51:41 am »

I think you should coordinate. I didn't roleblock.
Notably silver seemed to trust me before he launched full swing into OMGUS-mode.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.809 seconds with 20 queries.