Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 186600 times)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: February 07, 2018, 01:13:42 am »

I do agree that by this point in time, we should probably try to figure out what happened to the red actions, as noone seems to have used them...
There's more pressing stuff first. Such as:

Awaclus: How many Cop flips were used last night? And what was your entire action sequence?
Theorel: Which round was the mouse wiggled?
ss/Haddock: Which round was your WV attempted?

Also, between e, Iguana, and RR, there are a lot of actions there that I would like to know the results of. LaLight too, but at least he's breadcrumbed some of what happened.

Here's a rough version of where we are now with claiming, I'm stowing away a couple insights for now.
1. Awaclus went down. I can confirm this. Also got a printout.
2. Skumpy stayed put. I've pretty much proven this.
3. Theorel likely wiggled, or else a scum partner did. Rest is unknown.
4. gkrieg went red
5. ss went blue, claims that the WV was jammed
6. Haddock went blue, agrees with nonWV.
7. EFHW likely used central action, though the ss-claim was made after ss revealed his night action. Rest is unknown.
8. faust claims he got nothing
9. mcmc is died
10. e is ??
11. iguana claims he got nothing
12. LaLight went blue...and something good happened?
13. RR claims he got nothing.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 07, 2018, 01:29:01 am »

I find no benefit in claiming at this point, but I don't have a lot of ground to stand on i suppose. Chaos is towns friend, order let's scum thrive.

At least early on. We catch people for being scummy, not for doing silly actions.

I think faust and silverspawn and skumpy are townie. faust and silverspawn especially so. They have strong convictions that lead other people to question them/call them scummy, but they stick with it. So town in my book. Skumpy I just don't know as well, but feels townie
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 07, 2018, 01:30:14 am »

I do agree that by this point in time, we should probably try to figure out what happened to the red actions, as noone seems to have used them...

I cam tell you I didn't use a red action if that is any comfort
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 07, 2018, 01:44:36 am »

Can you clarify what you mean by "a scum partner did"

Your scum partner or theorel's? Either way to know this you are scum

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 07, 2018, 01:44:56 am »

Which is why I would like clarification

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 07, 2018, 01:56:03 am »

Or, better yet, vote: skumpy

I read the end of D1 and I am just not comfortable with skumpy's "why hasn't scum hammered CJ yet" post and then his twilight "I bet CJ flips town" post.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 07, 2018, 01:57:25 am »

Paraphrases obviously, but the interpretation of posts is accurate. Skumpy is trying way too hard to cone across as townie

Also, mcmc and LaLight are town

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 07, 2018, 01:58:06 am »

Can you clarify what you mean by "a scum partner did"

Your scum partner or theorel's? Either way to know this you are scum

2 possibilities:

1. Theorel is town. He said he would wiggle, he did.
2. Theorel is scum. Hopefully nobody else wiggles. Then if the mouse isn't wiggled, we know he lied. But an alternative is he takes advantage of a high position and snipes the cop shot or something, and leaves it to a scum later in turn order to wiggle. Not sure if it is something that actually is beneficial to scum. But it's a possibility.

I read the end of D1 and I am just not comfortable with skumpy's "why hasn't scum hammered CJ yet" post and then his twilight "I bet CJ flips town" post.

I never wondered why scum hadn't hammered...
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #883 on: February 07, 2018, 01:59:30 am »

So let's chit chat about the Cheesy Jelly.

I made that vote (which wasn't influenced by SS at all getting there first, keep in mind) based on the only tangible thing there was at the time - the incongruity between CJ voting faust then joining him on the Iguana wagon. I'd done my setup shpeal for as long as I could make it last with the three other people who were willing. That ended, time to make a non-RVS vote. I'm not persuasive or a good-decision maker when it comes to votes, so if other people are hopping on, that tells me it's more likely scum wants to join then people are actually swayed. Hence, the e vote. Which I'm still OK with. Because when you switch up the wagons last minute, scum doesn't get comfortable sitting on the same stuff for 50 hours. There's been

The other thing that concerns me is: if CJ is scum, then where are the other 3? Maybe another on me. One's probably bussing. And the fourth? In Haddock/faust? Another bus? I guess it's not crazy, but it's easier for me to believe scum's split pretty comfortably.

I mean, it's looking like CJ's getting lynched, especially with faust gone, but I have to throw out my thoughts before it happens. Is a no lynch bonkers crazy this game? How much info do we expect to get from night actions? Because if we're wrong, 8-4 is not a ratio I'm in love with.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 07, 2018, 02:00:55 am »

I guess I read that wrong a bit.

TL;DR posts are scummy.....

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 07, 2018, 02:02:17 am »

Yeah, I'm not asking why town hasn't lynched CJ...that's perfectly reasonable.  I'm asking why (if CJ is scum) hasn't scum hammered him?  Do they think that they've offered to hammer and can miss deadline to get a no lynch?  I mean I just have trouble imagining that situation actually happening...but I guess it could if all 3 scum were staying off, and faust was being belligerent town.  I mean if scum actually makes us lynch scum (i.e. doesn't bus) we only get 2 votes able to be elsewhere.
I just feel like it's unlikely at this point, but then there seem to only be 3 of us active atm...so we're also missing at least 7 town players, that aren't bothering to show up (or post) at end of day.

It was theorel! Sorry, reading and mixed up the names

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 07, 2018, 02:03:57 am »

So let's chit chat about the Cheesy Jelly.

I made that vote (which wasn't influenced by SS at all getting there first, keep in mind) based on the only tangible thing there was at the time - the incongruity between CJ voting faust then joining him on the Iguana wagon. I'd done my setup shpeal for as long as I could make it last with the three other people who were willing. That ended, time to make a non-RVS vote. I'm not persuasive or a good-decision maker when it comes to votes, so if other people are hopping on, that tells me it's more likely scum wants to join then people are actually swayed. Hence, the e vote. Which I'm still OK with. Because when you switch up the wagons last minute, scum doesn't get comfortable sitting on the same stuff for 50 hours. There's been

The other thing that concerns me is: if CJ is scum, then where are the other 3? Maybe another on me. One's probably bussing. And the fourth? In Haddock/faust? Another bus? I guess it's not crazy, but it's easier for me to believe scum's split pretty comfortably.

I mean, it's looking like CJ's getting lynched, especially with faust gone, but I have to throw out my thoughts before it happens. Is a no lynch bonkers crazy this game? How much info do we expect to get from night actions? Because if we're wrong, 8-4 is not a ratio I'm in love with.

I don't understand your point. It bothered me that everybody on his wagon stayed put. My gut proved correct.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 07, 2018, 02:07:16 am »

I don't understand your point. It bothered me that everybody on his wagon stayed put. My gut proved correct.

Yeah, I definitely think scum got on the wagon early and just sat there comfortably..... which points to, say, me. Which is an unfortunate byproduct of being absent most of D1. And then following that up with a slow D2 start. I am caught up though and will try to stay that way

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 07, 2018, 02:09:15 am »

Let's vote: gkrieg

For fun. I like lynching on wagon today.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 07, 2018, 02:11:20 am »

Yeah, I definitely think scum got on the wagon early and just sat there comfortably..... which points to, say, me. Which is an unfortunate byproduct of being absent most of D1. And then following that up with a slow D2 start. I am caught up though and will try to stay that way

"You're so Skummy"
"No I'm not!"
"Oh. Well, never mind then"

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 07, 2018, 02:14:28 am »

"You're so Skummy"
"No I'm not!"

It was theorel! Sorry, reading and mixed up the names
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 07, 2018, 02:14:44 am »

"You're so Skummy"
"No I'm not!"

It is amazing how reading what people actually write (instead of what you think they wrote) affects whether you see someone as scummy or not

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 07, 2018, 02:15:26 am »

No RR?

I mean gkrieg is a sensilbe lynch as well.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 07, 2018, 02:18:21 am »

No RR?

Gkrieg was wagon and top half. RR was neither.  If we have silly standards to hold up that help guide our votes might as well abide by them

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 07, 2018, 02:30:09 am »

I think the upper half wagon standard is stupid. There, I said it.

Vote: iguana
RR is a close second. I think it's scummy to not even hint at something that took place during your night. Plus everything else. Also, don't really want to be giving Awaclus a total pass for his night.

Btw, since nobody has asked the question yet: why was mcmc killed? I have a few theories. I think there's more to it than just reputation as a bane to scum everywhere. Otherwise, I would've been killed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 07, 2018, 02:35:56 am »

No RR?

Gkrieg was wagon and top half. RR was neither.  If we have silly standards to hold up that help guide our votes might as well abide by them
I suppose you're right.

vote: gkrieg

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 07, 2018, 02:56:04 am »

fine, vote: gkrieg
ss/Haddock: Which round was your WV attempted?

That has implications about the lift, so I won't answer it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 07, 2018, 03:17:44 am »

Yeah, vote: gkrieg seems like a sensible idea
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 07, 2018, 03:19:04 am »

L-2 I think

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 07, 2018, 03:19:59 am »

I think the upper half wagon standard is stupid. There, I said it.

Why? This is really like the only thing that is stronger than reads in my opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66  All

Page created in 1.855 seconds with 19 queries.