Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 186584 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1500 on: February 22, 2018, 10:43:27 pm »

Here is what I did:
1) B action (commute) - failed. I misunderstood the setup for some reason. My thought was that as long as there was energy in the red pool at the beginning of the night action resolution phase (after the space phase) my action would work. Obviously incorrect. So I just wasted an action there.
2) lift down to lower red - success
3) pull 3 energy to red - "success" similar to what EFHW described. So I can say with authority that white was empty at the end of the second round of the space phase.

But why didn't you cop? It was going to be very easy for those of us without scripted actions to block the nk.

I didn't want to. It wouldn't have worked anyway with my incorrect perception of night actions
Well, right. The plan was for you to take a red action in the 3rd round. Why didn't you want to cop?

Also, the other reason I didn't cop was because I only had one A action. So I decided to use B.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 22, 2018, 10:57:51 pm »

And actually....red was empty the entire night. So no matter what any red action failed. No way that red was filled and used up in the 3rd round.
I know, I'm asking why you didn't follow the plan.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 22, 2018, 11:05:56 pm »

And actually....red was empty the entire night. So no matter what any red action failed. No way that red was filled and used up in the 3rd round.

You know the plan was for him to either commute or cop, right?  He just didn't bother to understand the "as soon as the red pool is filled." part.

Anyways, I'll claim...I Doctored e.  Obviously it's possible that scum just targeted someone on lower deck, but I like to think that I blocked scum's kill.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 22, 2018, 11:07:43 pm »

You know the plan was for him to either commute or cop, right?  He just didn't bother to understand the "as soon as the red pool is filled." part.

Anyways, I'll claim...I Doctored e.  Obviously it's possible that scum just targeted someone on lower deck, but I like to think that I blocked scum's kill.

I would like to think that too. Although I was on the lower deck at the resolution of space phase.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 23, 2018, 01:38:44 am »

If we can get everyone tied up in lower central-white, and upper/lower-red, then any cop-switch that may happen will hopefully be exposed (or known between 2 players).
Want to point out that this does not work. Scum can use Cop Switch and not target the person using Cop for WIFOM.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 23, 2018, 01:39:59 am »

EFHW needs to claim. She got online, quoted a post that included claiming order, then didn't claim? Or even comment on it?

Theorel is right - faust asked for confirmation of doing the scripted moves "in the next post", so I did that, and then faust said he wanted to hear from RR, iguana and silver first. We haven't heard from silver.

PPE: I read it the way theorel did, but it doesn't really matter, since I have basically claimed. I moved red, I tried to pull energy from white, and I tried to draw cards. Drawing energy was "successful" because it doesn't require energy. Drawing cards was unsuccessful.
Sorry, my intention was to still keep claiming order, just no hand claims except for those people.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1506 on: February 23, 2018, 06:22:20 am »

Not sure if it's my turn to claim, but I don't really see the downside in claiming even if it isn't, given that I forgot to do anything at all.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 23, 2018, 06:44:15 am »

If we can get everyone tied up in lower central-white, and upper/lower-red, then any cop-switch that may happen will hopefully be exposed (or known between 2 players).
Want to point out that this does not work. Scum can use Cop Switch and not target the person using Cop for WIFOM.

I meant, that we would know 1 of 2 players used the cop switch, not that we would know 1 of 2 players was switched.

i.e. if 2 players are supposed to cop, and we see 1 cop result and 1 cop switch we know that 1 of the 2 intended coppers played the switch.  Whereas if we have a single player filling central white and central white energy is not filled, then we know precisely which player did the cop switch.  So, it's not that we know anything about the result being switched, but rather that we know who switched it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 23, 2018, 06:46:30 am »

Okay, I think that concludes things.

I'll finish with my own claim:

I went to white, got a status printout (failed since RR didn't do what he was asked to) and refilled central.

We are going to lynch LaLight now. The night plan for tonight is somewhat easier:

The Plan

I will play 3 C-actions.

iguana goes to lower white (I think he's already there) and plays a C action.

The first player in player order who is currently in lower red refills the red pool.

I will leave the remaining actions for each person to decide on their own. Note that we are guaranteed to block the scum nightkill unless iguana is scum, in which case he will out himself by not doing the C action.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:57 am »

I would like to think that too. Although I was on the lower deck at the resolution of space phase.
By default, the scum NK can only reach those players who visit the Upper Deck of the ship during a given Space Phase.
You were on the upper deck for part of the night, so you were eligible for night kill.  You don't have to stay on upper deck to be eligible.  (I messed this up early as well).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 23, 2018, 06:48:49 am »

Vote: LaLight

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1511 on: February 23, 2018, 06:56:24 am »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 23, 2018, 06:57:22 am »

we still haven't really heard from silver, either to know his hand, or who he made draw cards.
Why do you not want to fully plan tonight given the nk will be blocked?  This seems like the perfect time to plan it.  If red is not filled who didn't do their job?  If we get a cop-switch, who's likely to have activated it?  I'm happy to make a full plan, which you can confirm is a good one, if you just don't want to do it.
I'm pretty confident we can get 2 cop results which would be strongly useful, and we can chain them if we know who is supposed to cop.  I also feel like we can give 8 people things to do that do not allow them to cop switch without giving themselves away.

Is your opinion that iguana is scum coloring things?  Because copping iguana seems like a better way of determining if he's scum than just having him attempt to block the nk.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 23, 2018, 07:46:43 am »

we still haven't really heard from silver, either to know his hand, or who he made draw cards.
He made me draw cards.

Why do you not want to fully plan tonight given the nk will be blocked?  This seems like the perfect time to plan it.  If red is not filled who didn't do their job?  If we get a cop-switch, who's likely to have activated it?  I'm happy to make a full plan, which you can confirm is a good one, if you just don't want to do it.
I think it is easier to catch scum in a lie if we don't coordinate. Obviously some people might want to use Cop, but zone/deck monitoring are also very useful to figure out if someone used Cop Switch.

Is your opinion that iguana is scum coloring things?  Because copping iguana seems like a better way of determining if he's scum than just having him attempt to block the nk.
Well I'm not against also Copping iguana. I just want someone scummy to give up an action on blocking the nightkill rather than a town, and iguana is the scummiest player alive after LaLight.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 23, 2018, 08:18:29 am »

Vote: Lalight
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: February 23, 2018, 08:25:25 am »

So do you still want me to claim my hand or is that now redundant?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 23, 2018, 08:28:36 am »

I will leave the remaining actions for each person to decide on their own. Note that we are guaranteed to block the scum nightkill unless iguana is scum, in which case he will out himself by not doing the C action.
Don't we need 5 Cs? It's the number of players left alive (9) halved (4,5) rounded up (5).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 23, 2018, 08:34:34 am »

Don't we need 5 Cs? It's the number of players left alive (9) halved (4,5) rounded up (5).
We lynch LaLight, then there will be only 8 players left alive.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 23, 2018, 08:35:16 am »

So do you still want me to claim my hand or is that now redundant?
It's not necessary I think. I just needed it in case iguana didn't have a C card.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 23, 2018, 08:38:18 am »

We lynch LaLight, then there will be only 8 players left alive.

oh derp

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 23, 2018, 08:38:55 am »

vote: LaLight

It seems like you did break the setup to some point, and it's not even that complicated.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:12 am »

L-1

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 23, 2018, 08:51:26 am »

vote: LaLight

It seems like you did break the setup to some point, and it's not even that complicated.
I think an issue is that it gets very hard for scum to maneuver the more town outnumbers them. In this way the setup is quite swingy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 23, 2018, 09:09:53 am »

I think having any standard way that town can just blanketly stop a NK is a little unbalanced. But we still haven't technically caught all the scum... so let's not get too ahead of ourselves

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 23, 2018, 09:14:59 am »

I think having any standard way that town can just blanketly stop a NK is a little unbalanced. But we still haven't technically caught all the scum... so let's not get too ahead of ourselves
Well, scum did start with a strong number (4/14) to make up for it. But yeah, they needed to swing the game decisively in their favor early on, and the gkrieg lynch crippled them.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66  All

Page created in 1.806 seconds with 19 queries.