Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 186624 times)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1475 on: February 22, 2018, 09:21:55 pm »

Why is there no energy in the red pool?

I am also very interested in that question
Yall be roleblocking me
What did you mean by this?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: February 22, 2018, 09:55:34 pm »

Here's a further claiming order. Please include your current hand in your claim.

EFHW
e
theorel
Awaclus
iguana
RR
silver
faust
Retract statement. I want hand claims only from iguana, RR and silver.
What is your suspicion of silver?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: February 22, 2018, 10:02:22 pm »

Yall be roleblocking me

I think he believes someone roleblocked him
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 22, 2018, 10:07:12 pm »

Given there are only 2 scum left for tonight.  I'm pretty sure we can plan actions that super-confirm iguana/roadrunner as town.

Spitballing:
Suppose roadrunner is called on to fill red again (if he doesn't we have our scum-team).
Then e investigates iguana (round 1 or 2 depending on relative order to roadrunner).
Then someone else investigates e.  (maybe awaclus, silver, or efhw?)

Supposing that we can also block the nk (say by you and I each playing 2 C's)
And get 2 printouts (you and I'm leaning iguana since it is highly unlikely you are both scum)

Obviously this requires particular players to have particular cards...but I'm less concerned about which players do what, and more concerned with the counts (excepting iguana and roadrunner).

Pretty sure we can force contradictions, confirmed town-ness, or exposed scum-ness.  After lynching lalight, we'll be at 6v2, so even if we fail to block the nk, and mislynch, and fail to block nk again, we're at 3v2 and the contradictor can be killed.  It's possible we can set things up well enough that scum is 100% exposed by contradictory claims.  This is just a vague idea at this point, which we can firm up moving forward.  (Ideally remaining players would do some energy movement so that we can extend the cop chain the next night).

If we can get everyone tied up in lower central-white, and upper/lower-red, then any cop-switch that may happen will hopefully be exposed (or known between 2 players).  Anyways, I think there's a winning strategy here, probably easiest once we know everyone's hands.  I'm not sure that we specifically need anyone's hands first to be able to make this work.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 22, 2018, 10:09:05 pm »

Yall be roleblocking me

I think he believes someone roleblocked him
Okay, you're right, I should have asked better.  (Assuming that you mean that someone roleblocked you) why do you believe that?  If that's not what you meant, what did you mean?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 22, 2018, 10:13:46 pm »

Given there are only 2 scum left for tonight.  I'm pretty sure we can plan actions that super-confirm iguana/roadrunner as town.

Spitballing:
Suppose roadrunner is called on to fill red again (if he doesn't we have our scum-team).
Then e investigates iguana (round 1 or 2 depending on relative order to roadrunner).

And get 2 printouts (you and I'm leaning iguana since it is highly unlikely you are both scum)

Obviously this requires particular players to have particular cards...but I'm less concerned about which players do what, and more concerned with the counts (excepting iguana and roadrunner).

Pretty sure we can force contradictions, confirmed town-ness, or exposed scum-ness.  After lynching lalight, we'll be at 6v2, so even if we fail to block the nk, and mislynch, and fail to block nk again, we're at 3v2 and the contradictor can be killed.  It's possible we can set things up well enough that scum is 100% exposed by contradictory claims.  This is just a vague idea at this point, which we can firm up moving forward.  (Ideally remaining players would do some energy movement so that we can extend the cop chain the next night).

If we can get everyone tied up in lower central-white, and upper/lower-red, then any cop-switch that may happen will hopefully be exposed (or known between 2 players).  Anyways, I think there's a winning strategy here, probably easiest once we know everyone's hands.  I'm not sure that we specifically need anyone's hands first to be able to make this work.

I like the spitballing, but let's get claims going. EFHW?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 22, 2018, 10:15:26 pm »

EFHW needs to claim. She got online, quoted a post that included claiming order, then didn't claim? Or even comment on it?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 22, 2018, 10:16:16 pm »

My qt said my pulling red energy action was successful. I assumed someone before me would have filled the white pool, per faust's plan.
Ugh I misunderstood the plan and tried to fill red!
(Note: Roadrunner claimed to be in lower blue)

Oh, right, we have another contradiction here already, cool.
So either EFHW is scum or roadrunner is scum. (and roadrunner scum implies iguana scum).

Yeah, I think we should be able to quite easily confirm whether iguana is scum tonight by using a double-cop result that doesn't involve efhw.  We just need to ensure that no one can use a cop switch without exposing themselves.  Thanks scum, for contradicting town :)

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 22, 2018, 10:16:58 pm »

EFHW needs to claim. She got online, quoted a post that included claiming order, then didn't claim? Or even comment on it?

re-read the quote.  faust said he wanted silver, iguana, and rr first.

Here's a further claiming order. Please include your current hand in your claim.

EFHW
e
theorel
Awaclus
iguana
RR
silver
faust

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: February 22, 2018, 10:18:47 pm »

EFHW
e
theorel
Awaclus
iguana
RR
silver
faust

Re-read the quote. He didn't change the claim order, he just wanted partial claims from most of the people

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: February 22, 2018, 10:19:20 pm »

Spitballing:

Oh, I originally had an @faust at the beginning of the post...I removed it, but still used "you".  So, "you" should be "faust" everywhere.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 22, 2018, 10:20:11 pm »

EFHW
e
theorel
Awaclus
iguana
RR
silver
faust

Re-read the quote. He didn't change the claim order, he just wanted partial claims from most of the people
Oh, I guess it depends on how you read "Retract statement"...I read that as "completely ignore", you read it as "still claim, but don't claim hands."

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 22, 2018, 10:21:10 pm »

EFHW
e
theorel
Awaclus
iguana
RR
silver
faust

Oh, I guess it depends on how you read "Retract statement"...I read that as "completely ignore", you read it as "still claim, but don't claim hands."

That sounds more condescending then I meant.  I mean I can see your reading (if you only retract the hands-part of his statement)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 22, 2018, 10:22:51 pm »

Theorel is right - faust asked for confirmation of doing the scripted moves "in the next post", so I did that, and then faust said he wanted to hear from RR, iguana and silver first. We haven't heard from silver.

PPE: I read it the way theorel did, but it doesn't really matter, since I have basically claimed. I moved red, I tried to pull energy from white, and I tried to draw cards. Drawing energy was "successful" because it doesn't require energy. Drawing cards was unsuccessful.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 22, 2018, 10:24:50 pm »

My qt said my pulling red energy action was successful. I assumed someone before me would have filled the white pool, per faust's plan.
Ugh I misunderstood the plan and tried to fill red!
(Note: Roadrunner claimed to be in lower blue)

Oh, right, we have another contradiction here already, cool.
So either EFHW is scum or roadrunner is scum. (and roadrunner scum implies iguana scum).

Yeah, I think we should be able to quite easily confirm whether iguana is scum tonight by using a double-cop result that doesn't involve efhw.  We just need to ensure that no one can use a cop switch without exposing themselves.  Thanks scum, for contradicting town :)
Gah nevermind, they tried to pull red in different rounds.  I'm being dumb.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:10 pm »

Theorel is right - faust asked for confirmation of doing the scripted moves "in the next post", so I did that, and then faust said he wanted to hear from RR, iguana and silver first. We haven't heard from silver.

PPE: I read it the way theorel did, but it doesn't really matter, since I have basically claimed. I moved red, I tried to pull energy from white, and I tried to draw cards. Drawing energy was "successful" because it doesn't require energy. Drawing cards was unsuccessful.

I made a false assumption that my card draw failed because it required energy. I just checked and it doesn't, so I'm guessing it failed because someone else got there first that round.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:53 pm »

e, you're next!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:56 pm »

Here is what I did:
1) B action (commute) - failed. I misunderstood the setup for some reason. My thought was that as long as there was energy in the red pool at the beginning of the night action resolution phase (after the space phase) my action would work. Obviously incorrect. So I just wasted an action there.
2) lift down to lower red - success
3) pull 3 energy to red - "success" similar to what EFHW described. So I can say with authority that white was empty at the end of the second round of the space phase.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 22, 2018, 10:30:40 pm »

Theorel's turn

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:13 pm »

Here is what I did:
1) B action (commute) - failed. I misunderstood the setup for some reason. My thought was that as long as there was energy in the red pool at the beginning of the night action resolution phase (after the space phase) my action would work. Obviously incorrect. So I just wasted an action there.
3) pull 3 energy to red - "success" similar to what EFHW described. So I can say with authority that white was empty at the end of the second round of the space phase.

But why didn't you cop? It was going to be very easy for those of us without scripted actions to block the nk.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 22, 2018, 10:32:38 pm »

Here is what I did:

But why didn't you cop? It was going to be very easy for those of us without scripted actions to block the nk.

I didn't want to. It wouldn't have worked anyway with my incorrect perception of night actions

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 22, 2018, 10:34:15 pm »

Here is what I did:

I didn't want to. It wouldn't have worked anyway with my incorrect perception of night actions
Well, right. The plan was for you to take a red action in the 3rd round. Why didn't you want to cop?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 22, 2018, 10:35:05 pm »

I thought there was a halfway decent chance scum might try to kill me since I was "supposed" to cop. I thought that it worked at first since I saw no NK before I checked my qt

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 22, 2018, 10:38:57 pm »

And actually....red was empty the entire night. So no matter what any red action failed. No way that red was filled and used up in the 3rd round.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 22, 2018, 10:40:41 pm »

I mean, that doesn't excuse my failure to read and understand the setup. That was just a lapse. Learn by doing...i fully understand the setup now
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66  All

Page created in 2.285 seconds with 19 queries.