Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 158583 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #625 on: March 13, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »

Mcmc loves being scum, and will always put in more effort when he is scum.  Look at any scum QT with him in it, ever.

He didn't in the game I was in with him. I asked schadd to prod him about 5 times in my personal QT.

This is interesting. To anyone else who knows scum!mcmc, is this true?

I can provide the link to my personal QT if that is allowed? But I think schadd could just attest that I asked mcmc to be prodded a lot.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 13, 2017, 05:47:54 pm »

Mcmc loves being scum, and will always put in more effort when he is scum.  Look at any scum QT with him in it, ever.

He didn't in the game I was in with him. I asked schadd to prod him about 5 times in my personal QT.

I can provide the link to my personal QT if that is allowed? But I think schadd could just attest that I asked mcmc to be prodded a lot.

You can provide a link to your personal QT from a different game, if that game is now completed, sure.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 13, 2017, 05:49:15 pm »

I would say mcmc is pretty well within his posting length and frequency meta from my exposure to him.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 13, 2017, 05:49:42 pm »

You can provide a link to your personal QT from a different game, if that game is now completed, sure.

OK. I would rather wait for schadd to give the ok as it is technically his QT that he created from his game.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2017, 05:55:20 pm »

Reading through today's content, I am not necessarily loving this push for one of me, dylan or IDPTG. I can somewhat see the narrative and understand, but that doesn't mean I like it as I worry that this is something scum wanted to push right out of the gate, even if it was true that one mafia was in this group. I think it somewhat unlikely that two out of the three of us are mafia (would mean dylan AND IDPTG are mafia for me).

If that is the case I think they might try and push the lynch away from their partner onto the other two and at the same time take the focus off the two mafia that were voting for Joseph.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 13, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »

And I don't appreciate the title of lurking. That isn't a very fair representation of what I was doing, unless I am completely misunderstanding the word. I posted when I was on. I just wasn't on very often due to legitimate work/time constraints and when I was on it was for very little time that left wanting for having time to read through what were increasingly large volume of posts (which I am not complaining about, posting all you want to guys! Just don't be surprised if some of us have a hard time keeping up with the volume).

Look at my last game. When I am around I post and in abundance. I am getting a little frustrated that others are criticizing me for not being around when I have clearly done my best and have been completely within the rules of the game.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 13, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »

Not sure how I feel about this. Telling town to stop discussing things is scummy, but I think what he's saying is it was post-lynch and the damage had been done, and there's nothing town can do until D2 with further discussion whereas scum can use it to better narrow down who they want to kill N1 (though it looks like that didn't go so well). I think this is more pro-town than anything.

Slight scum read on TWM but there's so little to go on. Most of his other posts were one sentence, a few apologizing for not being around.

Wanted to respond to this as well. I think I got a bit confused about the Governor role. I was under the impression, for some reason, that mafia wouldn't be informed if the shot was going to be used during the night and that they would have to make a choice on whether they could shoot Joseph (who might already be dead) or not.

In that context I felt that everyone telling Joseph to use the shot and their reads and interpretations based off his wagon was clearly indicating to mafia that they would be fine to shoot them, so felt it wasn't a great idea to talk about it.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 13, 2017, 06:16:11 pm »

OK. I would rather wait for schadd to give the ok as it is technically his QT that he created from his game.
go ahead. the link is accessible from the mod QT anyway
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 13, 2017, 06:17:01 pm »

also, yes, a lot of prods were indeed administered. i don't think this was the case in M94, however.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 13, 2017, 06:56:10 pm »

idptg, could you explain to me why it would make sense that one scum is of wagon?

Are you asking me to justify it or why I'm going with it?
justify it (i think? i want you to explain to me why you think it's likely that there was a scum off wagon in this game D1)

Robz kinda said it, mcmc went with it, Eevee agreed with the statistics, and it seemed logical enough to me. However, understand that I don't know anything about scum. I've never been scum. I've never even seen scum lynched. So my answer to "what's going through the mind of scum!(player)" is going to be more speculative than another person's would be.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 13, 2017, 06:58:12 pm »

idptg, could you explain to me why it would make sense that one scum is of wagon?

Are you asking me to justify it or why I'm going with it?
justify it (i think? i want you to explain to me why you think it's likely that there was a scum off wagon in this game D1)

Robz kinda said it, mcmc went with it, Eevee agreed with the statistics, and it seemed logical enough to me. However, understand that I don't know anything about scum. I've never been scum. I've never even seen scum lynched. So my answer to "what's going through the mind of scum!(player)" is going to be more speculative than another person's would be.

Although that didn't answer your question.

I think it's likely that there was scum off wagon in this game D1 because I don't see why everyone would pile onto a mislynch this early. To me, that seems like a tactic for ending the game.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 13, 2017, 08:50:18 pm »

Yea I think the big bummer in this game is that after what was pretty much a complete reread of the days major wagons and how they formed, I feel like I have solid town reads on robz/schadd/ww they have me pegged as town which is correct, they pegged ash correctly as town, their votes for the dead townie Joseph all make sense. I then have decent narratives for pps, eevee, and Andrew which I could see going either way, town or scum and then I have TWM, idp, and dylan which are all so null due to how little they posted it's impossible to figure out which way to tilt the narratives for pps/andrew/eevee.

Oh so the last three people to vote on a mislynch are the scummiest. Cool, got it. Sarcasm aside though, I think pps's vote is scummy. It looks like he thought a quickhammer would gain him towncred which I'm not willing to grant him.

It's like pps/andrew/idp could very easily be the scum team. Idp is lurky off wagon, pps and Andrew were pushing for the lynch of an active townie, didn't overly discourage people from moving to ashersky, and finally left all prior reads and hammered townie!joseph. That's one narrative that makes good sense and I could see being true.

ash was a null read for me D1, why would you expect me to discourage people moving to him? That's misleading and is obviously an attempt to subtly encourage suspicion without committing to it heavily.

mcmc is still scum read #1 for me, but a lynch pool of the three people off wagon makes sense to me too.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 13, 2017, 09:30:34 pm »

... pps's vote is scummy. It looks like he thought a quickhammer would gain him towncred which I'm not willing to grant him.

Not sure where I angled for that. Pretty clear it was to punish poor play. Pretty sure it's fairly anti town unless it hit scum which would be where I would angle for cred. It didn't so I'm not but you saying I am looks like trying to make me look scummier.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #638 on: March 13, 2017, 09:46:59 pm »

You don't think improving our D2 start, having an IC to read for 12 hours, and having some wagon info to weigh in on beforehand isn't better than the typical D1?
this sounds like arguing pro-town to me

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 13, 2017, 10:00:29 pm »

... pps's vote is scummy. It looks like he thought a quickhammer would gain him towncred which I'm not willing to grant him.

Not sure where I angled for that. Pretty clear it was to punish poor play. Pretty sure it's fairly anti town unless it hit scum which would be where I would angle for cred. It didn't so I'm not but you saying I am looks like trying to make me look scummier.

Yeah it's anti-town and obviously scummy, so you would count on everyone dismissing it as so blatantly scummy it had to come from town. A little WIFOM but it's not that much of a stretch.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2017, 12:02:31 am »

You don't think improving our D2 start, having an IC to read for 12 hours, and having some wagon info to weigh in on beforehand isn't better than the typical D1?

Buddying kinda hard, aren't you?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2017, 12:03:11 am »

Buddying kinda hard, aren't you?

Ignore that. Misread what you quoted.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2017, 07:31:42 am »

This was after the governor flip and I thought he had already used the shot. None of it turned out to be true. Also, the initial impetus was a tongue in cheek statement that you took extreme offense to so I was just clarifying that it wasn't all bad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2017, 07:32:25 am »

Yeah it's anti-town and obviously scummy, so you would count on everyone dismissing it as so blatantly scummy it had to come from town. A little WIFOM but it's not that much of a stretch.

If it's such an obvious scum ploy then I must be scum so why aren't you voting me?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2017, 08:12:43 am »

If it's such an obvious scum ploy then I must be scum so why aren't you voting me?

Because apparently we've all decided to lunch off wagon today, which sounds reasonable to me.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2017, 08:13:39 am »

Yes, lunch. Everybody get off the wagon. Lunch time.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2017, 08:33:05 am »

vote: TWM

My biggest scumread of the three.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 14, 2017, 08:47:31 am »

mcmc is still scum read #1 for me, but a lynch pool of the three people off wagon makes sense to me too.

I am only a slight scum read. (woah, my iPad just autocorrected too mcmcsalot instead of the other way around) is a number one scum read. But I am getting the vote.

This is what I was talking about.

Vote: andrew

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:12 am »

I am only a slight scum read. (woah, my iPad just autocorrected too mcmcsalot instead of the other way around) is a number one scum read. But I am getting the vote.

This is what I was talking about.

Vote: andrew

Again, mcmc is my #1 scum read. But if we're only lynching off wagon today, you would be my choice. Not sure what you mean by "this is what I was talking about".

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2017, 09:27:13 am »

13+3, 3, 1, 8-1, 13+1, 5+1, 3, 13+3, 13-2, 3.

Vote Count 2.2

Eevee (2): Witherweaver, schadd
IDontPlayThisGame (1): mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (1): pingpongsam
Dylan32 (2): Robz888, Eevee
The_Wine_Merchant (1): AndrewisFTTW
AndrewisFTTW (1): The_Wine_Merchant

Not Voting (2): IDontPlayThisGame, Dylan32

With 13-3 alive it takes 5+1 to lynch.
Day 2 ends Monday, Mar 21-1 at 1am FT.

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.949 seconds with 20 queries.