Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (Read 107795 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:22:54 pm »

welcome to M95: UChoose Flavor™ mafia

this game will use tit for tat, a setup for 12 players. it is an open game from mafiascum that is classified as normal.

mod: schadd

spectators: SpaceAnemone, The_Wine_Merchant

les playeurs:
1. Eevee killed N1; vt                       
2. LaLight          lynched d3; scum rolecop   
3. JaketheBaseballGod22 (née UmbrageOfSnow)                  killed n4 
4. 2.71828...        engamed         
5. Dylan32         killed N2; backup rolecoop               
6. Roadrunner7671 (née ashersky)   killed N1; jk                                         
7. Jimmmmm lynched d4; vt         
8. Robz888          survived; backup jk       
9. gkrieg13           endgamed     
10. Witherweaver       lynched d2; vt           
11. Calamitas       killed n4; vt 
12. EFHW (née harbinger) survived; goon   

game state:
D1 --- N1
D2 --- N2
D3

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
5. All night actions must be submitted within 24 hours of day ending.
6. Players must post once every 24 hours.
7. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
8. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
9. Cryptography is not allowed.
10. The time between a lynch being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the lynched player.
11. Dead players may not post in thread or QT, except their Role QT. A lynched player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
12. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.
2. Unvotes should be in this format:
unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may
vote: no lynch.
5. Lynches occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, a lynch cannot be undone.
6. If a majority lynch is not reached by the Day's deadline, no lynch occurs.

The Rest:
1. Bold, aquamarine text is reserved for the mod. Players may not use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mod via PM. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. One prod will be issued after 48 hours without posting in the game thread. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mod.
8. Each player will receive their own QT, regardless of role. Don't quote from it.
9. If the game goes on for 3 days and 3 nights without a lynch or nightkill, town wins.

Deadlines:
1. Days will last nine IRL days.
2. Nights will last two IRL days.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:19:09 am by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:23:00 pm »

tit for tat is an entirely open setup. it has these roles and no other ones:
-1 mafia goon
-1 mafia rolecop
-1 mafia backup jailkeeper
-1 town jailkeeper
-1 town backup rolecop
-1 vigilante
-6 vanilla townies
perhaps unintuitively, the mafia backup JK becomes a JK when the town JK dies, and the town backup rolecop becomes a rolecop when the mafia one dies. there is also a vigilante, so that more people die and make this interaction more likely.
role PMs, without formatting

you are a vanilla townie! your only exciting thing is your vote; while everyone else is out targetin’ folks n inheritin’ stuff, you will be sitting quietly and merely guessing what's going on.

you win when every player left alive is town-aligned.
you are the town vigilante! while all the other townies have that annoying red tape around their ability to kill people, you may just choose one person each night and take ‘em out. this kill can be blocked by the jailkeeper.

you are the town jailkeeper. each night, you may target someone to keep their jail, and perform two actions simultaneously: a roleblock, which prevents their power role from working (if they use one), and a doctor, which protects them from one kill. you may not target yourself with this ability.

you are the town backup rolecop; when the mafia rolecop dies, you inherit their ability to cop roles, effective immediately: each night you may target one person, and come morning you will learn what bonus role they have. vanilla townies as well as the mafia goon will give the result “vanilla” and if you are targeted by a jailkeeper, you will receive “no result.”

you are a mafia goon. you may do two exciting things: perform the factional kill, wherein you target someone and they become dead unless protected by a jailkeeper.  only one of you can use this each night. also, some other thing. oh right, you can talk to your two more endowed friends at night, in [QT].

you win if, at any time, all town players are dead and one mafia is alive, or if nothing can prevent this scenario.
you are a mafia rolecop. each night, you may:
-use your rolecop ability: you can cop somebody's role, and come morning you will learn what bonus role they have. vanilla townies as well as the mafia goon will give the result “vanilla” and if you are targeted by a jailkeeper, you will receive “no result.”
-perform the factional kill, wherein you target someone and they become dead unless protected by a jailkeeper. you cannot use both this and the rolecop on the same night.  only one of you can use this each night.
-talk to your two friends, in [QT].

you win if, at any time, all town players are dead and one mafia is alive, or if nothing can prevent this scenario.
you are the mafia backup jailkeeper. each night, you may:
-talk to your two friends, in [QT]
-perform the factional kill, wherein you target someone and they become dead unless protected by a jailkeeper. only one of you can use this each night.
-if the town jailkeeper has died, you may keep jails just as they could, and choose a target, performing two actions simultaneously: a roleblock, which prevents their power role from working (if they use one), and a doctor, which protects them from one kill. you may not use this and the factional kill on the same night.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:38:49 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 04:23:17 pm »

this game will use the patented UChoose Flavor™ technology to produce the flavor.  i have set a poll containing a bunch of options for flavors; you, the reader, can vote for up to 10 of these options, and at the start of the game, i will use the flavor with the most votes.  you don’t have to be participating in the game to vote, since the flavor is ~experienced~ by everyone.  everything should be largely self-explanatory except the wild card®s and maybe schadnd II.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:33:36 pm by schadd »

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:18:29 pm »

/tag
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 05:40:50 pm »

chuck tingle guys/gals. Let's get steamy.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:41:51 pm »

Yeah, this is precisely why I'm not /inning!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 06:43:14 pm »

Heh... That's not a hidden "in", in case that wasn't clear :-P

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 06:48:37 pm »

/in
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 06:50:33 pm »

I see, so it wasn't hidden!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 07:23:02 pm »

In for the flavor

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 07:29:16 pm »

Well /out, in case that makes it clearer that I'm not signing up!

I genuinely have a problem with the idea of playing in a game where the theme may end up being X-rated when there are also minors around/reading.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »

i read that as 'that's a hidden "in" '

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what this means, and I like to think I'm generally fairly informed about culture and stuff.

I could google it. But I won't.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:02 pm »

very specific and abstract erotica

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »

I caved and Googled it. I actually have heard of that. Let's not use that flavor.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 09:15:45 pm »

Well /out, in case that makes it clearer that I'm not signing up!

I genuinely have a problem with the idea of playing in a game where the theme may end up being X-rated when there are also minors around/reading.

Agreed. If you want to make a spectacle out of the game, just take it to RSV and play there. Or you know, just make the flavor clearly forum appropriate.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 09:59:27 pm »

/in

Sorry LaLight, I'm a sucker for open games and I like the setup.

I don't care if the flavor is X-rated, I'll play it either way.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »

No disturbing flavor is my wish as well.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 10:44:49 pm »

wait, there is a vig?  /in
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 10:50:19 pm »

wait, there is a vig?  /in

I /ined first, I call vig!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 05:04:34 am »

I mean, when the base flavor of the game is a bunch of organized criminals killing innocent people for no apparent reason, you might not have that wish fulfilled anyway.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:48 am »

I mean, when the base flavor of the game is a bunch of organized criminals killing innocent people for no apparent reason, you might not have that wish fulfilled anyway.

Pretty much on point.

I guess I don't understand why an RMM about a show with 18+ rating (The Walking Dead) does not cause trouble, but some erotic theme suddenly has everyone worried about minors.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 10:56:30 am »

Hm mostly I was interested in what schadd could do with the topic. Obv if people are made uncomfortable then that trumps it. No need to go to "RSV" :p
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 12:22:42 pm »

No need to go to "RSV" :p

Respiratory syncytial virus?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 01:04:31 pm »

Currently a 5-way tie for the flavor vote. We need more people to join and vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.