Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27  All

Author Topic: ZM23: Kubo and Blitz Strings Mafia (Day One)  (Read 73988 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: ZM23: Kubo and Blitz Strings Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2017, 06:38:27 am »

Vote Count 1.4:

LaLight (2): Awaclus, gkrieg13
SA (2): WW, LaLight
WW (2): Pacovf, SA

Not Voting (2): Jake, RR

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day One ends on March 15 at 12:10 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2017, 07:16:16 am »

I'm not feeling incredible about either a LaLight or WW lynch. I'd rather look among SA/Jake
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2017, 07:17:21 am »

This is not a bad argument, but Ashersky would have mentioned it somewhere if he had given townies QTs so that scum would know about it. Or Awaclus could have asked in private. Etc.
I assume that townies will get QTs, especially with Ashersky who has been around forever. In Squid Girl Mafia, for example, I was a VT and I didn't have a QT. I think this is because UoS wasn't around during the time when QTs for everyone became super popular.

Awaclus could've asked about it though, that's something I didn't consider. I'm not sure Ashersky would give him a straight answer though.

What? You assume townies will get QTs?  Why would you be making an assumption here, if you are town?
In general I assume townies get QTs, so saying what he did as scum would be risky for Awaclus if he thinks similar to me.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2017, 07:38:18 am »

I actually think SA is the scummier one out of two. Also, now there can be a quickhammer, though in WW/SA situation there wasn't. Shouldn't that mean one of them is scum? Why vote for me at all?

If one of them is scum, that's 50/50. Voting for you is also 50/50. For any particular lynch to be better than another one, we need odds that are better than 50/50.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2017, 07:43:27 am »

I actually think SA is the scummier one out of two. Also, now there can be a quickhammer, though in WW/SA situation there wasn't. Shouldn't that mean one of them is scum? Why vote for me at all?

If one of them is scum, that's 50/50. Voting for you is also 50/50. For any particular lynch to be better than another one, we need odds that are better than 50/50.

i see what you mean. But isn't the probability more because they both weren't quickhammered? Like 50%+50%=75% for each?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2017, 07:43:57 am »

Each of these two-person wagons is open to quick-hammering by scum on the assumption that they're currently two townies voting for a town. Thus, either it's two townies voting for a scum, or one or more scums is already on a town wagon. Possibly it's just too early in the day for scum to quickhammer, but I think it's also possible that they're trying to make themselves more secure in a win by using our uncertainty to buy towncred at this point in the game.

If it's not just some scum no-quick-hammer ruse, then each row of the vote count must contain at least one scum. The lower two rows would be satisfied by WW being scum (or by me being scum from other townies' perspectives). From the upper one, we get one of LL and Awaclus, since gkreig is IC. If WW isn't scum, there's a strong chance of both LL and Paco being scum instead.

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2017, 07:53:27 am »

Each of these two-person wagons is open to quick-hammering by scum on the assumption that they're currently two townies voting for a town. Thus, either it's two townies voting for a scum, or one or more scums is already on a town wagon. Possibly it's just too early in the day for scum to quickhammer, but I think it's also possible that they're trying to make themselves more secure in a win by using our uncertainty to buy towncred at this point in the game.

If it's not just some scum no-quick-hammer ruse, then each row of the vote count must contain at least one scum. The lower two rows would be satisfied by WW being scum (or by me being scum from other townies' perspectives). From the upper one, we get one of LL and Awaclus, since gkreig is IC. If WW isn't scum, there's a strong chance of both LL and Paco being scum instead.

Don't forget that at some point there was a wagon on you containing IC and WW. It existed for quite a time.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2017, 07:55:23 am »

Don't forget that at some point there was a wagon on you containing IC and WW. It existed for quite a time.

I haven't forgotten: it's exactly why I'm currently voting WW, since the evidence kind of piled up the longer that wagon lasted.

You're currently in a similar situation with Awaclus, though -- what's your feeling on that?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2017, 07:57:53 am »

I haven't forgotten: it's exactly why I'm currently voting WW, since the evidence kind of piled up the longer that wagon lasted.

You're currently in a similar situation with Awaclus, though -- what's your feeling on that?

Well, I am still waiting for qh given that gkrieg voted for me when everybody was sleeping and most of us are still asleep. If nothing will happen, Awaclus is conf!scum, or (!) scum decided not to quickhammer for some reason.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2017, 08:10:07 am »

I don't think scum can just quickhammer, because it's not a guaranteed win for them if they do, especially if they reveal themselves in the process. So they have to make it not obvious that they're quickhammering.

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2017, 09:07:52 am »

Morning all.

vote: WW
The no-hammer argument grew on me with time.

Ooooh I think we have it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2017, 09:14:05 am »

In regards to the massclaim: if we massclaim, we also want to no lynch today.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2017, 09:15:12 am »

Which is to say that I'm still figuring out whether or not that is better than not massclaiming at all.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2017, 09:28:17 am »

With massclaim + no lynch, we get these advantages:

• The chance of Beetle catching scum by preventing the NK
  • Scum has to NK a VT to prevent revealing themselves, which makes it so that for every scum, there is one townie who knows 100% that the scum is scum, and Kubo's perspective gets boosted from 3/7 to 50% in all cases

That comes at the cost of:

• Losing the 5% chance that Beetle could salvage us after a mislynch (I did the math)
  • Scum might choose to reveal themselves and NK Monkey instead of a VT. Then, either we have to lynch the Moon King immediately or Beetle has to successfully prevent the NK on night 2.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2017, 09:30:14 am »

I'm in favor of it. Otherwise, our odds of winning don't look great.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2017, 09:39:26 am »

Scum might choose to reveal themselves and NK Monkey instead of a VT. Then, either we have to lynch the Moon King immediately or Beetle has to successfully prevent the NK on night 2.[/li][/list]

This is really dangerous. Besides that it all makes sense.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2017, 09:49:00 am »

Scum might choose to reveal themselves and NK Monkey instead of a VT. Then, either we have to lynch the Moon King immediately or Beetle has to successfully prevent the NK on night 2.[/li][/list]

It's also really dangerous for scum, because it gives us a crap ton of information, which can definitely be enough. It especially gives the real Beetle a lot of information that can be used for successfully preventing the NK.

LaLight

• Jester
    • Because I'm a potato
      • View Profile
    « Reply #217 on: March 14, 2017, 09:54:47 am »

It's also really dangerous for scum, because it gives us a crap ton of information, which can definitely be enough. It especially gives the real Beetle a lot of information that can be used for successfully preventing the NK.

Won't Beetle then need to guess out of 3? It's not the best chance.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
      • (´。• ω •。`)
        • View Profile
        • Birds of Necama
      « Reply #218 on: March 14, 2017, 10:02:46 am »

Won't Beetle then need to guess out of 3? It's not the best chance.

Yeah, but only if lynching Moon King fails. If we think of lynching Moon King as a 1 in 5 chance (in practice, it's better, because we can have reads and stuff), the total odds are 47.2%, which are pretty good by the standards of this setup.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
        • (´。• ω •。`)
          • View Profile
          • Birds of Necama
        « Reply #219 on: March 14, 2017, 10:03:14 am »

Total odds for town victory are 47.2%, that is.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
        • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
          • View Profile
        « Reply #220 on: March 14, 2017, 10:09:10 am »

/tag
        Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
        Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
        Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
          • View Profile
        « Reply #221 on: March 14, 2017, 10:20:24 am »

Can you sketch out how you arrived at that number, please? I want to be sure I'm following your maths, because 47.2% does seem relatively promising for this setup.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
        • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
          • View Profile
        « Reply #222 on: March 14, 2017, 10:33:35 am »

Awake again but I don't know for how long. Might go back to sleep

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
          • View Profile
        « Reply #223 on: March 14, 2017, 10:48:06 am »

Reads so far

Town: griekg, Awaclus, Jake
        Null: LL, WW
        Scummy: RR, Pacovf, SA

I think I like the SA lynch most so for now Vote: SA
        Baseball For Life
        Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Awaclus

• Adventurer
        • (´。• ω •。`)
          • View Profile
          • Birds of Necama
        « Reply #224 on: March 14, 2017, 10:48:44 am »

Can you sketch out how you arrived at that number, please? I want to be sure I'm following your maths, because 47.2% does seem relatively promising for this setup.

1 - 4/5 odds of not lynching Moon king * 2/3 odds of Beetle missing = ~46.7%

I think I used 66% as a stand-in for 2/3 when I first did the math, so the result was just a little bit off.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.