Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

4est's Cards

<< < (12/12)

Gazbag:
Thinking about Undertaker more, it should definitely be restricted to just discarding/trashing from hand (assuming a fixed wording that works). Otherwise you have Salt the Earth discarding Provinces from the supply, Lurker discarding Actions from the supply, infinite Mining Village loops and it becomes less crazy with things like Sage.

4est:
Thanks Gazbag, yes, Undertaker definitely should have a from-hand restriction.  I had actually thought about Salt the Earth while first testing the card and thought that would be kind of a rare but funny interaction to allow, but on second thought, it's definitely safer to get rid of that sort of stuff. 

Here's an awful attempt to retain the Possession-style set-aside language to allow for contingent effects while also trying to save cards from being lost track of when discarding multiple cards:

--- Quote ---Undertaker
Action - Reaction
Cost: $3

+3 Cards
Discard 2 cards.When you would discard or trash any number of cards from your hand, you may reveal this from your hand to discard or trash them one card at a time, then set each aside, and trash or discard each at end of turn.
--- End quote ---

I know, it's pretty bad (adding "would" to a card usually means trouble--I'm looking at you, Trader), and I'm not even entirely sure this is worded properly to actually stop lose track for discards.  Essentially, revealing this version of Undertaker is supposed to "modify" how discarding multiple cards works so that you can set each card aside before it gets covered up.  It's terribly clunky and unelegant; this is about as much text as I would feel comfortable cramming onto a card, so hopefully there's another more concise solution.

Thanks again you all for your help in trying to fix this surprisingly complicated card!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version