Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60  All

Author Topic: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 166837 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2017, 08:15:07 am »

I myself am in need of rereading.

hey fun fact, "mafia goon" is an anagram of "goof mania"
This post is so obviously scummy. I mean, it's clear that something like this would make people think you have that role, even if it's bad reasoning. Therefore I don't really see why town wants to do this. On the other hand, I can certainly see scum!schadd trying to use this as a "too scummy to be scum" thing.

Dylan's dayvig concern is weird, but you know, townie. This is not something scum could have planned, so it doesn't really fit a "play up newbieness" pattern.

schadd is way more active than in his recent town game. Don't like that.

mcmc thinks the dayvig thing is super anti-town. Which it isn't, it's ridiculous to sa that. I'm still waiting for an explanation.

golly. there's plenty of things. i would say top 3 things that aren't my failed dayvig or my accidentally anagramming my role that i am (though those should be neat):
I don't really like this bringing attention to his RVS comments. I mean why? The only reason I can see is he hopes to be townread for it, and that is in turn scummy.

I don't think schadd makes the dayvig comment if he were scum.  I don't feel like looking back for who said it at the moment, but someone said they were sure he was claiming "not dayvig." That's possible, but considering the fact he specifically referenced gkrieg breadcrumbing traitor in his first post in M92, I think there's a chance he was really breadcrumbing dayvig and he actually has to give command in QT where we can't see it to know he is doing it.  He might not be, and he might not even be town, but that would be a pretty ballsy move as scum.
This is kind of townie.

However, having posted that and thinking a little more, there might be some minor levels of residual salt. For anyone that hasn't read the game, Dylan was scum and told me not to townread him. I did it anyway and it didn't turn out well.

Why did he tell you not to town read him and why did you then town read him?
This is like the second time mcmc talks about past games rather than the current one. Talk about being anti-town. It doesn't mean he's scum though, rather the other way around.

Idplay generally feels like he's trying and just has not yet found a good way for how to scumhunt.

LaLight is somehow very muhc in the background. Could mean he's scum? But I don't know how he would play scum, so meh.

I don't think gkrieg would be so inactive if he was scum though. That is something that might easily make him a lynch target.

RR channeling his Jake-is-always-scum feelings to create a weird partner theory is townie. Followed by this:
IDPTG all of a sudden looks towny. Jake looks about as scummy as he was before.
I think it's solid town.

Jake making a scumslip argument. Also town.

Awaclus is really doing nothing. I mean he doesn't usually explain his thought process in great detail, but he would at least remind us to lynch the person he thinks is scum. Here all he does is jokes about "oral".

LaLight is mildly scummy for not having been townie yet.

RR voting for me because I am supporting Jake in an argument against him shows that his feelings towards Jake are genuine.

There is some stuff in the way of discussing the rules change and the randomization process that makes me feel mild town for Calamitas.

I think all this means that the best lynch candidates are schadd, Awaclus, LaLight.

I want to go back to vote: schadd
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 11, 2017, 08:16:41 am »

What is muhc?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2017, 09:00:46 am »

Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 11, 2017, 09:13:07 am »

sorry for the walls

I brought up those connections[...]
and, again, it's not like this is an unbelievable story. i just hope you realize that you're saying pretty much exactly what you would say if you had been making up the thing. what bugs me further is that i've said a few times that i'm not as concerned about the dayvig stuff as that you didn't consider it could be a joke (again, having posted in the insane asylum) or that i could not reasonably have any way to think gkrieg was scum or worth dayvigging, and you haven't responded to that

This post is so obviously scummy. I mean, it's clear that something like this would make people think you have that role, even if it's bad reasoning. Therefore I don't really see why town wants to do this. On the other hand, I can certainly see scum!schadd trying to use this as a "too scummy to be scum" thing.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=8789200#p8789200
wanted to see who would read too much into it. :>

Dylan's dayvig concern is weird, but you know, townie. This is not something scum could have planned, so it doesn't really fit a "play up newbieness" pattern.
eh, i don't buy it. i mean, first of all, you could just say "i'm gonna try to be newbie this game" and then suddenly something springs up. secondly, something or other that you can newbie at will usually happen in RVS (for example, what is gkrieg gonna accuse WW of this game?)

schadd is way more active than in his recent town game. Don't like that.
oh, that's dumb. ctrl-f me in that game, activity shoots up eod1 and D2. we are living in a post-lynched gkrieg D1 universe, i now know how fun it is.

golly. there's plenty of things. i would say top 3 things that aren't my failed dayvig or my accidentally anagramming my role that i am (though those should be neat):
I don't really like this bringing attention to his RVS comments. I mean why? The only reason I can see is he hopes to be townread for it, and that is in turn scummy.
wow, this is like a proper misrepresentation. siri, could you pull up the quote that faust trimmed off?
sure, schadd.
and talking about whether he is a good or bad player is really not interesting at allTM

Then what is interesting? So far it's been a bunch of posts where you say something isn't interesting.
and they are what was interesting; that's why i did them. and also i listed them in addition to several other things that happened that game.

I don't think schadd makes the dayvig comment if he were scum.  I don't feel like looking back for who said it at the moment, but someone said they were sure he was claiming "not dayvig." That's possible, but considering the fact he specifically referenced gkrieg breadcrumbing traitor in his first post in M92, I think there's a chance he was really breadcrumbing dayvig and he actually has to give command in QT where we can't see it to know he is doing it.  He might not be, and he might not even be town, but that would be a pretty ballsy move as scum.
This is kind of townie.
it's the exact kind of townie post he was good at in NM9. you were his g'd partner, you should remember that.

I don't think gkrieg would be so inactive if he was scum though. That is something that might easily make him a lynch target.
eh, he knows that you know that. he tried out being active and gutty in RMM37, and i don't think "trying things out like that" is ai for him

Awaclus is really doing nothing. I mean he doesn't usually explain his thought process in great detail, but he would at least remind us to lynch the person he thinks is scum. Here all he does is jokes about "oral".
mm, i see that. he did that at around 333 in M92, which has come and gone here
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 11, 2017, 09:26:46 am »

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 11, 2017, 10:06:54 am »

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2017, 11:47:02 am »

Okay so I'm caught up and got a whole lot of nothing.

First let me answer schadd.

depends on what sources you tend to use in your papers

Oh I thought you meant cite more examples of stuff in game. yeah the problem is most of my recent papers have been reflection/personal experience papers. Way harder to cite stuff and easier to bs.

But Dylan why would you assume schadd was talking about the game...vote: schadd he is acti lurking, posting a lot of day 1 content which is doing nothing but confusing and hurting town. Previously I viewed his behavior (talking about dayvigging) as anti town, his continued comments about non game real things are enough of a pattern to call him scummy now. It's actively hurtin town and looking like he's contributing.
can you:
-explain why the dayvig was anti-town
-point out a example of the "non game real things" other than the one you quoted

Im playing exclusively on mobile so getting examples is tough. Also since this was said on page 11 I don't really stand by it anymore. You do post quite a few joke posts and general banter with others though it no longer appears to be in place of content, just an addition to.

I still think the dayvig comment is scummy, mainly because of the confusion as attention it caused. If you are town I just don't see how that actually helps town, it generated reactions but I don't really like that argument for being a pro town thing, the reactions you generate are ones from confused and concerned townies. I don't like how you have now gone after Dylan for quickly responding with knowledge about the role. This is the sort of thing scum likes, you confuse town, get a response that you can paint in a scummy way, and go after that person.

As for my overall reread

I am town on gkrieg, his reread post made a lot of sense and is consistent with how I expect town!gkrieg to play.
Roadrunners commenting on his own meta and talking about not posting much is consistent with how he acted as my scum partner so slight scum on him.
Faust seems like town!faust
Jake seems like town!jake

I'm pretty happy with my vote on schaad and wouldn't lynch gkrieg, Dylan, faust, robz, jake.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2017, 11:54:33 am »

But..mcmc! We're not supposed to have the same reads, we're supposed to fight a lot.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 11, 2017, 11:58:11 am »

I am sorry, I can't be so active as usual on D1. Usually i wait it to end. Look any game I am in, D1 is quite silent from me. RMM35, M90, any else.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 11, 2017, 12:02:52 pm »

I am sorry, I can't be so active as usual on D1. Usually i wait it to end. Look any game I am in, D1 is quite silent from me. RMM35, M90, any else.

I'm curious if this is in response to something or just general thoughts.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 11, 2017, 12:19:09 pm »

To faust saying i'm in the background

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 11, 2017, 12:30:15 pm »

Kk I figured but I wanted to hear it from you.

Thoughts on schaad

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 11, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

Kk I figured but I wanted to hear it from you.

Thoughts on schaad

From me? I already have written that he's still scummy a lot.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 11, 2017, 05:10:35 pm »

to add, it's interesting to me that you're content to assume i did these things solely for image.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 11, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »

Now you vividly remind me of scum!yourself in nm9.

You are probably thinking that because I am slightly townreading faust and he was my partner in that game and I never pushed to lynch you.
eergh. i should think that's the first thought when you roll a scumteam you've had before, that you can accuse people of being paranoid it's the same one. plus, this is like the inverse of the statement-as-a-question heuristic; town wants to know whether somebody's intentions are genuine, scum wants to suggest that they aren't, especially when they're getting called out.
just noticed i forgot to take this out. when faust asked "do you have a town point of reference?" i sort of scumread it because i didn't remember d32 was in M89 and thought that it should have been a statement (i.e., d32 doesn't have a strong town frame of reference). ofc i found M89 and thusly edited the faust thing but forgot that i mentioned it later

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 12, 2017, 12:48:25 am »

Vote Count 1.9

schadd (3): mcmcsalot, SpaceAnemone, faust
LaLight (3): IDontPlayThisGame, Robz888, Dylan32
Dylan32 (2): schadd, LaLight
Awaclus (1): gkrieg13
IDontPlayThisGame (1): Calamitas
JaketheBaseballGod22 (1): Awaclus
faust (1): Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (1): JakethebaseballGod22

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends Monday February 13 at 10 PM U.S. Eastern Time.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2017, 11:14:48 am »

settle down guys. it's hard for me to understand you when you're all talking over each other like this

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 12, 2017, 11:28:38 am »

i would (intuitively) like gkrieg to look into d32 more, and i would like rr and awaclus to uh move toward a lynch at all—rr i ofc. agree with you about faust, but it doesn't look like we can lynch him toDay, and other than him you've talked about jake and yourself, which is uh unproductive, in a word; awaclus, you need to give me an thing to agree or disagree with

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #444 on: February 12, 2017, 11:41:56 am »

settle down guys. it's hard for me to understand you when you're all talking over each other like this

Sorry about that, I'll try to post less in the future!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 12, 2017, 11:46:32 am »

I still think the dayvig comment is scummy, mainly because of the confusion as attention it caused. If you are town I just don't see how that actually helps town, it generated reactions but I don't really like that argument for being a pro town thing, the reactions you generate are ones from confused and concerned townies. I don't like how you have now gone after Dylan for quickly responding with knowledge about the role. This is the sort of thing scum likes, you confuse town, get a response that you can paint in a scummy way, and go after that person.
if you (and faust) think dylan is town, then it was productive in that it gave him an opportunity to demonstrate that he's town. and i don't see how you can tell my thing apart from town trying to give people something to talk about, or why you think people being confused is a bad thing; the more unfamiliar/unprecedented something is, the harder it is to fake a town reaction to it. dylan's reaction seemed fake to me, and i prodded about it later and it hasn't seemed more genuine.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 12, 2017, 03:37:25 pm »

i would (intuitively) like gkrieg to look into d32 more, and i would like rr and awaclus to uh move toward a lynch at all—rr i ofc. agree with you about faust, but it doesn't look like we can lynch him toDay, and other than him you've talked about jake and yourself, which is uh unproductive, in a word; awaclus, you need to give me an thing to agree or disagree with

I think for right now I'm not too keen on lynching Dylan. None of the cases has been particularly enticing. I would definitely still vote him for a lynch to go through.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 12, 2017, 04:01:09 pm »

I think for right now I'm not too keen on lynching Dylan. None of the cases has been particularly enticing. I would definitely still vote him for a lynch to go through.
The last sentence is pretty much meaningless since that should be true for basically everyone with the lack of info D1.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »

mm, ok. and you think faust is town as well? i would be willing to lynch awaclus but that's so boring
The last sentence is pretty much meaningless since that should be true for basically everyone with the lack of info D1.
oh, hi, thanks for checking in

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »

Schadd looks more towny, Faust doesn't.

It originally looked like Schadd was playing up his town meta and using it to acti-lurk, but that isn't happening anymore. Faust, on the other hand, has been making posts since I last checked in that he could and would easily make as town or scum.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.