Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60  All

Author Topic: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 154701 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: February 13, 2017, 01:30:33 pm »

Also it looks to me like schadd wasn't trying to get town out of Rvs and into a territory where we are making reads and there is a variety of discussion and an overall helpful day for town. It looks like he did something, waited for reactions, and is now trying to get Dylan lynched based on Dylan's reaction. This is a lynch oriented playstyle scum want to employ vs a reads oriented playstyle town employs.
It looks to me as though he made some joke without any further thinking, and now tries to frame it as a proactive town move.
Agreed! Which is why I thought the post originally was anti-town, and why I now find schaad scummy for continuing to push Dylan's lynch and try to claim town cred for the original post.
it was a joke, as i said a bunch of times, and it was also a joke that i knew would be good for the town. so far you haven't given reasons why it was anti-town in isolation (and i asked several times; instead you just kept saying "it's anti-town"), instead you waited and focused on the one part of the case i did about it (and nobody other than faust has talked about those mysterious other parts) and you tunneled me for it. and still you keep dodging the fact that it actually fucking had a pro-town implication, again unless you or faust are lying about your d32 townread. you're trying to have your cake (agh!! he did an anti-town) and eat it too (it's scummy that you're claiming that it's not anti-town)

This looks.. genuine?
I don't know; it's easy to fake such a small-scale disagreement as scum. And ou know, it could be genuine. And if it's genuine, I don't really see a reason to think that that means that schadd is town, so it probably doesn't matter.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 13, 2017, 01:31:13 pm »

This looks.. genuine?
yeah, i wish i were allowed to measure & link my heart rate somehow
Worried about losing the game for you partners?

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 13, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »

I mean, this post is certainly not helping.
i'm not trying to convince you, really, and you know why
No I don't really; even a strong D1 scumread should leave like a 50% chance of that player being town, and so of course you should try and convince also those people that you think are scum.
mm. well, then, in the other half of the probabilities, you're a confirmation biasing town that has disagreed with most every argument that i've made yet this game.
anyway, my time is up, and i already said everything i was was gonna say. l0l!
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:36 pm »

I mean this all is strange if we talk about schadd. Doesn't look like him. I would never think schadd can be frustrated
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 13, 2017, 01:33:23 pm »

Well, I may very well check in for a short time later, but you know, don't count on it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:00 pm »

It depends on how annoyed the look my girlfriend gives me when I try to open f.ds is, so.

Bye for now.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:24 pm »

This looks.. genuine?
yeah, i wish i were allowed to measure & link my heart rate somehow
Worried about losing the game for you partners?
see, i just don't see you doing this as town. especially after claiming that me being frustrated doesn't help you read me
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 13, 2017, 01:36:43 pm »

I mean this all is strange if we talk about schadd. Doesn't look like him. I would never think schadd can be frustrated
don't pretend i don't have fair cause. and yeah, i'm a generally calm person, i would say, but why do you think i play this game?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 13, 2017, 01:37:01 pm »

It depends on how annoyed the look my girlfriend gives me when I try to open f.ds is, so.

Bye for now.

Happens to me every day!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 13, 2017, 01:40:24 pm »

don't pretend i don't have fair cause. and yeah, i'm a generally calm person, i would say, but why do you think i play this game?

Yeah, i understand you 100%, same thing often happens to me. I just don't know what is your case, scum or town. You look like person that can ne frustrated being scum quite genuinely. But i will hold my vote, still have time.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 13, 2017, 01:42:19 pm »

Wow, I didn't know the deadline was so close. Rereading now.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 13, 2017, 01:49:47 pm »

Schadd is English not your primary language, I am honestly having a hard time understanding what you mean in some of your posts and what I previously wrote off as witty banter may be actual points you are trying to make.

vote: mcmcsalot
Is this more than OMGUS I wonder?
yes
did you ask that, faust, when i hammered robz in M92? i mean, one could draw a lot of paralells.i don't understand what the above means at all.

and if "picking one thing that you can paint as scummy and then tunneling someone for it" seems scummy to you, look no further.

People who will not be around at deadline ad are not voting schadd.

1) why don't you want to lynch schaad
2) name something scummy about a player other than schadd
imagine an echo:
lynch oriented playstyle
lynch oriented playstyle
lynch oriented playstyle
I get what you are saying here, that I am tunneling you and am also pursuing a lynch oriented playstyle however the difference is that before I made that post asking players not voting you to explain themselves, we were hours away from deadline with tons of people saying they wouldn't be around and votes all over the place, I think now is an okay time to start pivoting towards finding a lynch instead of finding reads. I will agree openly I am tunneling, I tunnel, as town in M90 I tunneled scum!eevee most of the game, as scum in M91 I tunneled Faust until we killed him.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 13, 2017, 01:58:02 pm »

Just reread schadd and he seems really careless and actively provocative in his play. I think I have never played with him but from what I have heard this is just how he plays.
Would need those who did to comment on that.

It's sounds kind of silly but I think the answer below is making him quite towny. I would totally expect town!schadd's qt containing partner speculation and my estimate of him making that statement on such short notice as town is therefore pretty high. Likewise, I don't think scum!schadd is likely to make that comment.

Calling a Jake/IDPTG scum team. It all makes sense to me. The bussing patterns are really great for two newer players.
I don't think I even want to read a post that theorizes about scum partners on D1.
woof. stay out of my QT then

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 13, 2017, 01:58:40 pm »

Also it looks to me like schadd wasn't trying to get town out of Rvs and into a territory where we are making reads and there is a variety of discussion and an overall helpful day for town. It looks like he did something, waited for reactions, and is now trying to get Dylan lynched based on Dylan's reaction. This is a lynch oriented playstyle scum want to employ vs a reads oriented playstyle town employs.
It looks to me as though he made some joke without any further thinking, and now tries to frame it as a proactive town move.
Agreed! Which is why I thought the post originally was anti-town, and why I now find schaad scummy for continuing to push Dylan's lynch and try to claim town cred for the original post.
it was a joke, as i said a bunch of times, and it was also a joke that i knew would be good for the town. so far you haven't given reasons why it was anti-town in isolation (and i asked several times; instead you just kept saying "it's anti-town"), instead you waited and focused on the one part of the case i did about it (and nobody other than faust has talked about those mysterious other parts) and you tunneled me for it. and still you keep dodging the fact that it actually fucking had a pro-town implication, again unless you or faust are lying about your d32 townread. you're trying to have your cake (agh!! he did an anti-town) and eat it too (it's scummy that you're claiming that it's not anti-town)
Again it's posts like this that make me think you are scum. I have given tons of reason why I think your joke post about being a dayvig is bad for town. I disagree that jokes help us get out of Rvs, I disagree that the reactions to it we get are alignment indicative of people like Dylan and thus I think it's wasted scumhunting. I even made a post appealing to others that maybe we just disagree on Rvs stage and what should be done during it. But now you keep saying I am giving no reasons other than "it's anti-town".

I also don't get why you keep insinuating that my or fausts read of Dylan has anything to do with our read on you. I mean the fact that I think Dylan is townie does help fit the narrative that scum!schadd would want to lynch town!dylan but my scum read of you hinges on how you have played this d1 employing a joke early on, using the reaction from that joke to push a wagon on someone, and then denying the argument for why that's bad and now pushing for my lynch simply because I argued you were scummy.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 13, 2017, 02:09:14 pm »

Just reread schadd and he seems really careless and actively provocative in his play. I think I have never played with him but from what I have heard this is just how he plays.

It's sounds kind of silly but I think the answer below is making him quite towny. I would totally expect town!schadd's qt containing partner speculation and my estimate of him making that statement on such short notice as town is therefore pretty high. Likewise, I don't think scum!schadd is likely to make that comment.

Calling a Jake/IDPTG scum team. It all makes sense to me. The bussing patterns are really great for two newer players.
I don't think I even want to read a post that theorizes about scum partners on D1.

while I think this is a very weak reason to town read schaad this is definitely analytical outside the box town!calamitous.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: February 13, 2017, 02:41:48 pm »

while I think this is a very weak reason to town read schaad this is definitely analytical outside the box town!calamitous.
I think it is actually a very strong reason. This is the kind of statement one would totally expect from town!schadd but are really hard to fake for scum!schadd due to a very different thinking process (I don't think scum!schadd would instantely think about "How would my qt look like if I were town" when seeing such a generic statement. Town!schadd can just post this without any thought process because it is kind of funny)

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 13, 2017, 03:02:21 pm »

Schadd is English not your primary language, I am honestly having a hard time understanding what you mean in some of your posts and what I previously wrote off as witty banter may be actual points you are trying to make.
it is. the thing you pointed out was addressed to faust (or, rather, calling out faust) and i was talking about how robz made a weak case on me in M92 and that was enough for faust to get a strong scumread on robz (to the point where faust was asking me to vote robz). i was also kind of alluding to the fact that you're robz's brother, l0l

I get what you are saying here, that I am tunneling you and am also pursuing a lynch oriented playstyle however the difference is that before I made that post asking players not voting you to explain themselves, we were hours away from deadline with tons of people saying they wouldn't be around and votes all over the place, I think now is an okay time to start pivoting towards finding a lynch instead of finding reads.
you started tunneling me a while ago. you actually hugely remind me of me, as scum, tunneling pps in M87: he did something that i thought was fair to call anti-town, and i kept going on about it pretty much until i died. i think this is much easier to do as scum: you can go for the lynch while actually believing what you're saying, whereas if i say a reaction doesn't sound genuine, i would know that i'm wrong if i'm scum

I will agree openly I am tunneling, I tunnel, as town in M90 I tunneled scum!eevee most of the game, as scum in M91 I tunneled Faust until we killed him.
ah. but it's alignment indicative for me?

Again it's posts like this that make me think you are scum. I have given tons of reason why I think your joke post about being a dayvig is bad for town. I disagree that jokes help us get out of Rvs, I disagree that the reactions to it we get are alignment indicative of people like Dylan and thus I think it's wasted scumhunting. I even made a post appealing to others that maybe we just disagree on Rvs stage and what should be done during it. But now you keep saying I am giving no reasons other than "it's anti-town".
ah, right. i uh kinda forgot about those. you didn't say any of them for a long time, though, and faust & i asked you to do so. and i guess that they are a point where we disagree. i mean, the reason that scum gets caught in this game, as far as i understand, is that townie reasoning and reactions are just hard to fake, and things like surprise, confusion, et cetera are easy to tell apart from town than from scum (there was a thing about this from mafiascum that i will try to find later). if the beginning of the game goes in a very slow, scripted, and non-distinguished manner, then scum will be reacting to things in situation they have a lot of practice with.

I also don't get why you keep insinuating that my or fausts read of Dylan has anything to do with our read on you. I mean the fact that I think Dylan is townie does help fit the narrative that scum!schadd would want to lynch town!dylan but my scum read of you hinges on how you have played this d1 employing a joke early on, using the reaction from that joke to push a wagon on someone, and then denying the argument for why that's bad and now pushing for my lynch simply because I argued you were scummy.
faust immediately townread dylan for his reaction to the dayvig thing (below), and you said that he was townie "right out the gate", which i'm assuming means early on in the game. this is in contradiction to your assessment that the reactions from RVS aren't alignment indicative.

i still don't get why you think the situation you're suggesting is more likely than me, as town, generically doing something to get reactions and not liking reactions that i got. and it's still not fair to suggest that it's the only cause for my scumread on dylan.

Dylan is my top townread now. Congrats Dylan!

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 13, 2017, 03:38:53 pm »

What do the others think of Idon? I still don't like the kind of way he reacted between #206 and #212.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #543 on: February 13, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »

Vote: schadd
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 13, 2017, 04:50:18 pm »

Vote: schadd
Why? What do you think about the argument I made above?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 13, 2017, 04:51:57 pm »

Hey, sorry I didn't get a votecount up earlier, I've been extremely sick all day and have only just gotten out of bed.  I went from fine last night to unable to keep anything down or stay awake basically overnight.

But on the other hand, after a day of basically sleeping, I'm already feeling comparatively a lot less awful.

Votecount incoming.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 13, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »

Vote Count 1.11

schadd (5): mcmcsalot, SpaceAnemone, faust, Dylan32, Awaclus
mcmcsalot (2): schadd, gkrieg13
gkrieg13 (1): LaLight
LaLight (1): Robz888
IDontPlayThisGame (1): Calamitas
faust (1): Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (1): JakethebaseballGod22

Not Voting (1): IDontPlayThisGame

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends Monday February 13 at 10 PM U.S. Eastern Time.  That's in about 5 hours.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 13, 2017, 05:15:25 pm »

i mean, the reason that scum gets caught in this game, as far as i understand, is that townie reasoning and reactions are just hard to fake, and things like surprise, confusion, et cetera are easy to tell apart from town than from scum (there was a thing about this from mafiascum that i will try to find later)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=8742328#p8742328

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 13, 2017, 05:28:56 pm »

It was a really busy evening and now i am heading to sleep. And before that as far as i reread last few pages, I am willing to put schadd on L-1. vote schadd

He was scummy and is scummy. His AtE was really weird for him and in my eyes it's more scummy than not, coming from him.

I hope to wake up on scum lynch!

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 13, 2017, 05:39:43 pm »

M90 mcmc correctly scumread eevee, because he thought that eevee's reaction to an RVS joke-thing wasn't genuine
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 19 queries.