Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60  All

Author Topic: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 166836 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: February 12, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

Schadd looks more towny, Faust doesn't.

It originally looked like Schadd was playing up his town meta and using it to acti-lurk, but that isn't happening anymore. Faust, on the other hand, has been making posts since I last checked in that he could and would easily make as town or scum.

So why does that make him scum?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 12, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »

It originally looked like Schadd was playing up his town meta and using it to acti-lurk, but that isn't happening anymore. Faust, on the other hand, has been making posts since I last checked in that he could and would easily make as town or scum.

Because he was acting scummy before he started making posts that weren't alignment indicative.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 12, 2017, 04:41:30 pm »

Because he was acting scummy before he started making posts that weren't alignment indicative.

So by that same logic you are scummy.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2017, 04:42:47 pm »

So by that same logic you are scummy.
Depends on your POV, but sure.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 12, 2017, 05:01:00 pm »

in other news, given that i'm town, it's interesting to me that nobody has casually swooped behind me on the d32 wagon. if he were town, surely there would be some sort of "okay, lynch d32 then if he's green lynch schadd" gambitry to be had. it's been a cool 36ish hours since i essentially finished the case
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2017, 05:03:36 pm »

in other news, given that i'm town, it's interesting to me that nobody has casually swooped behind me on the d32 wagon. if he were town, surely there would be some sort of "okay, lynch d32 then if he's green lynch schadd" gambitry to be had. it's been a cool 36ish hours since i essentially finished the case

But I don't think the case was all that convincing.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2017, 05:08:50 pm »

don't think that matters if you're scum, i guess? you can obv. pretend to believe it, or just say "i don't see what schadd sees, but it looks like there's 1 scum in schadd & d32"
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 12, 2017, 05:27:11 pm »

I would actually be inclined to think someone (other than 1 of us) coming in and pulling that gambit would be scummy for them, so I don't really think the absence of that reaction is really that alignment indicative for either of us.  Either way, if you are town, you really shouldn't be pushing for that "If Dylan flips green, lynch me" type of situation, because I will flip town, and then at this point you would have a tough time getting out of it and we will be screwed and basically hand scum the game. The fact you brought that up and risking someone getting behind it and running with it actually kind of makes me lean townier on you. I don't think that is the type of thing scum would bring up since scum knows they would look bad after my lynch.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 12, 2017, 05:30:48 pm »

This is the part of the case I liked.

Quote from: vig page
One of the most coveted variations of this ability is the Dayvig, which is a Vigilante that can kill during the Day. Depending on the game, the Dayvig may be able to submit its kill privately, or it may be forced to declare its kill publicly. Daykills are not normally stoppable by active abilities, so Dayvigs are considerably more potent than ordinary Vigilantes.

Well, I guess if I would think, I would realize that commands probably have to be given in the QT if they are going to work anyway... so yeah...
didn't read the second sentence for an hour and a half (or at all, and just came up with it). egh, not unfathomable, but still fishy, considering how he described it
And to your comment about my knowledge about dayvig, as soon as you said it, I looked it up on mafiascum and read about, so I have some idea how they work but I have no idea how common/uncommon they are. I just know I've never seen one.

Am I willing to vote Dylan based on that alone? Not particularly.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 12, 2017, 05:39:27 pm »

Either way, if you are town, you really shouldn't be pushing for that "If Dylan flips green, lynch me" type of situation, because I will flip town, and then at this point you would have a tough time getting out of it and we will be screwed and basically hand scum the game.
i'm not pushing it, and this doesn't mean anything to me either way

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 12, 2017, 07:26:13 pm »

i would (intuitively) like gkrieg to look into d32 more, and i would like rr and awaclus to uh move toward a lynch at all—rr i ofc. agree with you about faust, but it doesn't look like we can lynch him toDay, and other than him you've talked about jake and yourself, which is uh unproductive, in a word; awaclus, you need to give me an thing to agree or disagree with

I think for right now I'm not too keen on lynching Dylan. None of the cases has been particularly enticing. I would definitely still vote him for a lynch to go through.
The last sentence is pretty much meaningless since that should be true for basically everyone with the lack of info D1.

What did you think of my comment about the fact that some people may actually have D1 info? And why do you think it is that nobody is talking about that?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 12, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »

i would (intuitively) like gkrieg to look into d32 more, and i would like rr and awaclus to uh move toward a lynch at all—rr i ofc. agree with you about faust, but it doesn't look like we can lynch him toDay, and other than him you've talked about jake and yourself, which is uh unproductive, in a word; awaclus, you need to give me an thing to agree or disagree with

I think for right now I'm not too keen on lynching Dylan. None of the cases has been particularly enticing. I would definitely still vote him for a lynch to go through.
The last sentence is pretty much meaningless since that should be true for basically everyone with the lack of info D1.

What did you think of my comment about the fact that some people may actually have D1 info? And why do you think it is that nobody is talking about that?
Sure, there might be players with D1 info. But it doesn't really make sense to discuss the possibility of that since we don't want people to unintentionally confirm/deny having such info.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 12, 2017, 07:36:28 pm »

the people who do have probably chosen not to say anything. it's a closed setup, i think the probability of talking about it productively should be greatly outweighed by the risk of softing

ninjad

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 12, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »

the people who do have probably chosen not to say anything. it's a closed setup, i think the probability of talking about it productively should be greatly outweighed by the risk of softing

ninjad

I imagine we'll have more to discuss about possible PRs after N1 anyway.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 12, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »

Vote Count 1.10

schadd (3): mcmcsalot, SpaceAnemone, faust
LaLight (3): IDontPlayThisGame, Robz888, Dylan32
Dylan32 (2): schadd, LaLight
Awaclus (1): gkrieg13
IDontPlayThisGame (1): Calamitas
JaketheBaseballGod22 (1): Awaclus
faust (1): Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (1): JakethebaseballGod22

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends Monday February 13 at 10 PM U.S. Eastern Time.
That's in 24 hours.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 12, 2017, 11:09:45 pm »

Definitely don't want to lynch LaLight. Schadd also isn't high on my list either. My highest are RR and Awaclus, but they don't seem to be high on others' lists. I guess I can make some cases tomorrow.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 13, 2017, 12:37:34 am »

so, 24 hours and votes are spread. I am okay with lynching either schadd or Dylan. I am not okay with lynching me.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:43 am »

Do you want to expand on how I was acting scummy in your opinion?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 13, 2017, 05:05:57 am »

Spacey's insistence on the N0 stuff is mildly town. Calamitas is right that discussing it is not good unless someone with a PR actually wants to share something, which obviously nobody did.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 13, 2017, 05:11:17 am »

Spacey's insistence on the N0 stuff is mildly town. Calamitas is right that discussing it is not good unless someone with a PR actually wants to share something, which obviously nobody did.

I would argue about the first one. Why is it not rolefishing?

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 13, 2017, 05:16:11 am »

I agree with LaLight here, Space is very cautious in regard to PR outing in general.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 13, 2017, 05:25:03 am »

It is rolefishing. However rolefishing is not something that scum actually does, like, ever.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 13, 2017, 05:27:22 am »

Of course by pointing that out I have changed the meta-game and from now on scum might try to push rolefishing more.

On the other hand, by pointing this out, I may just have stopped scum from doing it because they reaize it will still be considered scummy.

etc.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #473 on: February 13, 2017, 06:28:43 am »

I'm not going to be around for the deadline since it's 5 am in my timezone.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 13, 2017, 06:30:39 am »

I'm not going to be around for the deadline since it's 5 am in my timezone.

Yeah, btw. 6 am at my place

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.