Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 60  All

Author Topic: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 166865 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2017, 10:32:27 am »

RR looks like really trying to match his town-meta, but his posts are actilurkive mostly.
Acti-lurking is my town meta.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2017, 10:34:01 am »

RR looks like really trying to match his town-meta, but his posts are actilurkive mostly.
Then maybe you should try to improve your play. Lurking and acti lurking are your scum meta as well so.....
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 09, 2017, 10:50:14 am »

Town people: Dylan, Idplay, RR, Jake.

From this we already decent a rather decent PoE.

Why them?

I'm feeling townie on Jake and RR, null still on Dylan and IDPTG, though I can see why faust would have this read. In general I think this read makes sense, and is townie to have, so I will add faust to my own town list.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51:36 am »

Town people: Dylan, Idplay, RR, Jake.

From this we already decent a rather decent PoE.

Why them?
Because they're townie?

I don't exactly remember the things that made me think that for all of them. Jake's recent scumslip argument is wrong but town.

Well, okay. I don't think anyone is town yet. Especially Dylan.

I don't quite like this reaction from LaLight, though. It's the sort of "let's not acquit too many people unless I'm one of them" arguments scum tends to make. LL says he's never scum. Maybe this time?

I guess it's enough to vote for him. Vote: LaLight

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 09, 2017, 10:52:35 am »

And this might be the last you hear from me for several days. Boarding a plane to Panama!

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 09, 2017, 10:58:43 am »

hf!
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06:15 am »

And this might be the last you hear from me for several days. Boarding a plane to Panama!
Back before deadline?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2017, 11:10:32 am »

Oh yeah. Schadd. Schadd is scummy also.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2017, 11:11:02 am »

I will be VLA from Thursday until Sunday, possibly without any access whatsoever. I'm going to Panama for a conference.

deadline is monday evening, so probably
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 09, 2017, 12:42:37 pm »

If deadline is Monday evening I'll be back in time

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 09, 2017, 01:04:15 pm »

Then maybe you should try to improve your play. Lurking and acti lurking are your scum meta as well so.....
siggable

faust, do you have anything more to say about dylan?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2017, 01:10:59 pm »

faust, do you have anything more to say about dylan?
Not really.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:30 pm »

nice.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2017, 02:21:15 pm »

aaaaaggghh just lost a massive post; previewed then internet went out. the apocalypse approaches

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:17 pm »

aaaaaggghh just lost a massive post; previewed then internet went out. the apocalypse approaches

Just hit the "back" button.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2017, 02:31:59 pm »

Just hit the "back" button.
no dice  :'(

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2017, 05:48:56 pm »

I don't buy LL's argument that SA is townie from not RVS voting and from having a legitimate irl reason for not being active. Scum!SA is just as likely to get sick irl as town!SA, so the only thing that legit reason does is make the absence less scummy but not at all townie. I'm personally pretty null on SA just from what they have said so far, but LL finding them townie just seems forced.

RR admitting that actilurking is his town meta tempts me to want to lynch him as a punitive lynch for it just so he will stop being like that.

Has anyone noticed gkrieg? He's been completely absent, way beyond his usual level of D1 inactivity. Like, he literally hasn't said anything game related except his typical RVS WW vote + vengekill: schadd and "vote: IDPTG"
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2017, 05:51:09 pm »

RR admitting that actilurking is his town meta tempts me to want to lynch him as a punitive lynch for it just so he will stop being like that.
Trying to policy lynch a town player is pretty scummy.

Do you think I've been actilurking?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2017, 05:54:17 pm »

If that isn't a pro-town way to play, eventually he'll notice that he's losing a lot of town games and change his playstyle. Policy lynches to try to force someone to change their playstyle are unnecessary.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2017, 06:08:44 pm »

Has anyone noticed gkrieg? He's been completely absent, way beyond his usual level of D1 inactivity. Like, he literally hasn't said anything game related except his typical RVS WW vote + vengekill: schadd and "vote: IDPTG"

I was curious how long it would take for someone to say anything. I'm busy now but will get to this tonight

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »

so, faust and dylan's interactions have seemed kinda odd.  i get a sense that faust said n0 "hey, be newbie and i'll townread you," but whether you buy that or not it, i think they have been weird

I don't know if your dayvig is going to go through or not schadd, but if so, why kill gkrieg immediately? His town games have been really strong recently. What makes you confident enough to know he is scum before anyone really says anything at all?
so, i am pretty sure that day vigs haven't seen the light of day in a normal in a minute, whereas they are aplenty in, for example, the f.ds insane asylum (ah! ongoing games &c) in which dylan has posted.  it's odd to immediately know what a dayvig is and consider that it might be enacted in a QT, but not to know how uncommon it is.  also, i meant it pretty overtly jokefully; "classic scumhunting" followed by not that.  he responded to this but not of the post as a whole.

Dylan is my top townread now. Congrats Dylan!
he hasn't elaborated on this. lalight and i (and other people?) see something fishy about d32 that faust has declined to comment on; i guess this depends on whether you, dear reader, see it as well. plus, this post itself seems a bit like a "okay, you did it right" but that's reading too much into it

vote: Dylan32. He looks like scum!him from NM9 as I mentioned and this voting for Jake is weird.
Do you have a point of reference showing that town!Dylan looks different?
-M89, which i will talk about later
-you don't need that point of reference to townread him though?
-from what i know of him, townfaust is more wont to ask, "what does this other person see that i'm missing" than "why does this person have a different read than me?" especially if he doesn't have any strong particular reasoning for it (he said that he forgot what his reasoning was as well, though that was later)

Now you vividly remind me of scum!yourself in nm9.

You are probably thinking that because I am slightly townreading faust and he was my partner in that game and I never pushed to lynch you.
eergh. i should think that's the first thought when you roll a scumteam you've had before, that you can accuse people of being paranoid it's the same one. plus, this is like the inverse of the statement-as-a-question heuristic; town wants to know whether somebody's intentions are genuine, scum wants to suggest that they aren't, especially when they're getting called out.

Calling a Jake/IDPTG scum team. It all makes sense to me. The bussing patterns are really great for two newer players.
I don't think I even want to read a post that theorizes about scum partners on D1.
fits into the narrative, heh. especially because, if it is true, i think faust is getting anxious about it (see also: "i don't exactly remember the thing that made me think that")

uh, other stuff
d32, in terms of posting style, i think looks largely the same between this game, NM9, and M89. what he does have, though, is a similar thing to my tell on lalight from M92 (which was wrong, l0l): he is relying on the factual/conceptual rather than gut-y impressions of posts. that is to say, in NM9 (and this game as well) he's like "person is scum because they did this thing and i think they would be more likely to do it as scum than town" whereas in M89 he's like "this seems genuine to me so i think they're town" a little more. he's impressively similar between NM9 and M89 to begin with, though.

against faust:
i think what i'm most concerned about is that d32 is doubting my gkrieg read. did you read M92?

faust should be townreading me by now. the fact that he hasn't done that yet means my vote stays.
I should, huh?

Vote: schadd

-omgus
-egh, you did a similar thing later:
What are you guys doing? Have you not heard that you should always sheep me?

as i said, voting spaceanemone for non-contribution when they had an excuse for it is kinda uninspiring (and what they have said is reasonably game relevant anyway). voting awaclus d1 can't really be fruitful.

Well that's boring; I already know that I'm town.
a hamfisted "i'm town," because it's ofc. not boring that LL things so regardless

if D1 scumteams make you gag, then i would just say i think they're both scummy in isolation, and they interacted with each other (or, how about, both of them interacted with the other one) in a way i don't buy. i actually think faust is more scummy by tone but he's more of a town asset if i'm wrong (sorry dylan, not saying you're bad of course). already voting dylan

not really proofreading, as usual

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2017, 07:06:45 pm »

I was curious how long it would take for someone to say anything. I'm busy now but will get to this tonight
if i was more vain i would say you're scared i'll catch you again

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2017, 07:37:37 pm »

Looooong day with work stuff.. home after more than 13 hours of meetings, so phone posting from bed already :-P

@schadd, if you want to analyse Dylan-faust, you probably want to do so in the context of them having been the full scum team in NM9.

I'll catch up more thoroughly tomorrow... really need to sleep now!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 09, 2017, 08:57:58 pm »

I'll catch up tomorrow as well as respond to schaad and give some reads.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2017, 09:03:27 pm »

bump
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.