Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43  All

Author Topic: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 108957 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2017, 10:26:15 am »

I really don't like how ash is so confrontational, especially of the IC. There's no reason to do that.
What does oyu not liking it have to do with ash's alignment?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 10, 2017, 10:28:32 am »

8. faust-Taking a leadership role, I actually think this is sort of scummy. Why would you be trying to lead instead of encouraging the IC to do so?
Err, hey, gkrieg is welcome to lead. Well, whatever lead means. I don't thiink the IC sharing their reads is very desirable. That is mostly what I am doing.

I don't think this would be a better game if every other post of mine was "Hey gkrieg, how about doing some leading?" instead of its actual content.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 10, 2017, 10:30:05 am »

4. IDon'tPlayThisGame-Don't really remember much from them either.
By the way, Idplay has been replaced by Eevee.

I guess we should rule out an RR/Idplay team.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #403 on: April 10, 2017, 10:33:26 am »

RR what do you think of Eevee?

Looking at J Reggie. 15 posts, should be quick. The first notable thing:

Is it possible that LL would include mimes?  Otherwise I think there's a pretty good case on RR already.
I asked how this post makes sense and never got an answer. Because it really does not make a lot of sense. Plus, third party awareness is generally a bit more of a scum thing.

I felt like RR was being intentionally scummy in a way that made the most sense if he was trying to get quicklynched. It's probably a crazy idea but whatever.
Sure, but how did you reach the conclusion that scum!RR would be intentionally scummy?

Honestly I'm not sure what my logic was here.

Yeah, I think Dylan is slightly scummy for totally ignoring the wagon.
This is more of sheeping popular opinions. I liked him better when he did not understand why Dylan is scummy.

As I explained before, this post was kind of bait. I was hoping Dylan would come back on, see people saying this, and freak out. But that didn't happen so I'm not sure what to think.
How would that have been a desirable outcome?

It would have been clear to vote for him.

I really don't like how ash is so confrontational, especially of the IC. There's no reason to do that.
What does oyu not liking it have to do with ash's alignment?

I don't like it because there's no reason to do it as town, so that means ash is probably scum.

8. faust-Taking a leadership role, I actually think this is sort of scummy. Why would you be trying to lead instead of encouraging the IC to do so?
Err, hey, gkrieg is welcome to lead. Well, whatever lead means. I don't thiink the IC sharing their reads is very desirable. That is mostly what I am doing.

I don't think this would be a better game if every other post of mine was "Hey gkrieg, how about doing some leading?" instead of its actual content.

Yeah, Faust is just naturally kind of leader. At least in mafia games, I don't know about in real life. Him doing the leading is definitely not scummy, if not exactly a town tell.

Ppe

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 10, 2017, 10:38:46 am »

It would have been clear to vote for him.
So scum!Dylan would have freaked out and town!Dylan would not? IS that what you're saying? If so, why would that be a desirable outcome?

I don't like it because there's no reason to do it as town, so that means ash is probably scum.
Uh that's not how it works.

Yeah, Faust is just naturally kind of leader. At least in mafia games, I don't know about in real life. Him doing the leading is definitely not scummy, if not exactly a town tell.
Funny story: Back at high school, we once had a project to found a student-run company, and I was selected as the boss. It was awful and I vowed never to be in that position again.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2017, 10:44:24 am »

Okay guys, here goes my reread. Fun fact: this is the first post this game I am doing on a PC and not from my phone. I'm going for a hopefully quicker "Notable quotes by each player" format.

First up, Space.

Actually the R wagon is stupid, but probably town!stupid.

Vote: Space

I wasn't even on the RR wagon :-P

Where did he get the "exactly three scums" thing from, anyway? Am I missing a joke, or am I missing a piece of set-up info?
It's clearly a joke.

I don't get it.

Actually the R wagon is stupid, but probably town!stupid.

I wasn't even on the RR wagon :-P

Where did he get the "exactly three scums" thing from, anyway? Am I missing a joke, or am I missing a piece of set-up info?

You're not missing any set-up info.

Ah, just a sense of humour, then? That's about par for the course.

I'm really not sure how to take it -- on the one hand, it sounds way too definite not to be a scumslip, but on the other hand, it's RR, who says wacky things often.

Slightly scummy posts from Space. They give me an "I know it all but I'm pretending I don't" vibe. Trying to make something out of nothing, deliberately looking for things to solve. Misunderstands why Faust is voting him (Faust was choosing someone who didn't vote RR because he believed that mostly town were on that wagon). Well, that misunderstanding is probably not deliberate. ' There's some heding here too, especially in the second post.

Other things:

Tries to steer the conversation into setup solving, when we don't really know anything about the setup. Then tries to steer the conversation back to the RR scum-slip discussion multiple times, lightly defending Dylan in the process. Claims they haven't voted because they're being 'extra careful'; actually they've just had an RVS vote on me all game. Nothing else but fluff.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 10, 2017, 10:50:11 am »

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 10, 2017, 11:02:35 am »

Next up, Roadrunner:

If you read all of his early game posts in sequence, they are clearly all jokes. Everyone, give it a try.

I play more recklessly when I have a role that there's no way can be a fake claim. I mean, look at Stranger Things mafia for starters if you want.

Little bit of a soft claim here. I guess later we'll see if he can back that up.

His early votes on J Reggie and Dylan make perfect sense to me. Making a lot of jokes, but the votes show he's taking the game seriously as far as analyzing other players.

I like my Dylan vote still.

More indication that RR is taking the game seriously. I would put this statement as slightly more likely to come from town!runner than scum!runner.

Remember Fettuccine Mafia where Ash pretended to be a PR or something and got killed? I feel like that's similar to what he's doing here, except with more frustration. Once we lynch him, there'll be lots of stuff to analyze.

That being said, I don't want to lynch him, but it's looking more and more likely.

Don't like this post, but the next post:

What exactly do you think we would be analyzing, Roadrunner? Your scummy hedging?
I'm not hedging. I don't plan on voting for Ash at all today, I just believe that regardless of what I do, he will be lynched.

clarifies his thinking in a way I am satisfied with. Roadrunner has a history of being a bit of a defeatist. Like that time I (town) tunneled him (town) pretty hard and he said "I'm scum," got lynched for it, then after the game clarified that what he meant was "I'm [town, but you're so convinced I'm scum that I may as well be] scum. Yeah, that was frustrating.

Anyway, his defense of Ash is pretty strong and I would say notable. Something to keep in mind for later.

1. SpaceAnemone-Pretty null here, I don't really remember too much about SA
3. Dylan32-I still don't like that vote he put on ashersky, and I don't really like the reaction to his wagon. That being said, his wagon picked up fairly quickly, so that's in his favor slightly I guess.
4. IDon'tPlayThisGame-Don't really remember much from them either.
5. J Reggie-Seems scummy, which means J Reggie hasn't bee hacked by someone else and replaced. don't really want to vote here though.
6. Jake-I don't know. A little hedgy, but that's not really alignment inductive. Don't want to vote here.
9. silverspawn-Null.
10. iguanaiguana-Pretty null as well. Not a fan of his rapid changing of votes, but it's D1 and it's iguanaiguana.
11. Awaclus-Pretty null.
12. ashersky-Very ashersky like. I'm not actually towny on him, but I definitely don't want to lynch him because he's not scummy, and a tracker is an asset. ashersky as a player is an asset too.
PPE 2

A mix of decent analysis (his comments on Ash and J Reggie are pretty spot-on) and muddled thinking (IDPTG is Eevee, dude; I've only voted for two people this game, Dylan and J Reggie) in here that looks very townie to me.

All in all, I'm mild-mid town on RR, and I would say this is the most pro-town Roadrunner I've seen in quite some time. I'm kinda proud of him, actually. Definitely gets a D1 pass from me. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 10, 2017, 11:39:22 am »

Dylan32: (is they a he?)

vote: silverspawn

Nice OMGUS. vote: ashersky

Don't love this vote. Feels like it's hedging on wanting to be a RVS vote but also clinging to a faint hope of forming a wagon. The stated reason for it is weak IMO.

Yeah, I didn't really think anything about it the first time, but bringing it up again is at best anti-town and at worst completely scummy. vote: RR

Yeah, I don't like this post at all. Going after Roadrunner for making jokes is just classic playing into the hands of scum on F.DS. The "I didn't really think anything about it the first time" line has a tinge of fakeness to it, and calling RR's play " at best anti-town and at worst completely scummy" is simultaneously hedgy and too strongly worded. It screams to me of scum who wants town to behave badly so that they have an excuse to place a vote.

Could this post come from town? Sure. Especially if they haven't played much with Roadrunner. But I see more scum motivation for the vote; if it's from town, I wish it had been written more thoughtfully.

Re: gkrieg's big reread post comments about me (not quoting for space)

Yes I have had time to follow along. I haven't had a ton of time to put together thoughts that I thought were worth posting besides what I have said. My scum games have easily been my most active games early in D1, with the exception of the squid girl where I ended up accidentally driving a mislynch after misreading basically everybody except you. So yeah I didn't mean to be as absent as I've been, but I didn't want to repeat my performance in squid girl...

Maybe a bit of a towny post. He's got a town-rationale for the way he's playing, at least. But, you can reverse it and apply the same kind of rationale for playing more reserved if he's scum.

[short reread & analyzing the wagon on him]

The post seems rushed. The wagon analysis looks a bit like he's grasping at straws for why any of the votes on him would come from scum. When he lands on Eevee, he doesn't account for much of Eevee's play, and doesn't even mention Eevee's claim. This post is null to me, really.

All in all, I only really see one scummy post from Dylan, and I don't like his lynch as much as I thought I would going into this reread. He's got a bit of an abrasive/confrontational attitude that I saw when I read Squid Girl, so that makes me want to vote him less for having the same attitude here.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 10, 2017, 11:58:21 am »

Next up is Eevee/IDPTG!

IDPTG jokes a lot, nothing alignment indicative to me about how he played. This guy seemed to love RVS and perhaps was sad enough when it was over that they wanted to quit.

Eevee comes right out with his claim, I still think it's towny enough for a D1 pass. The posts that follow show he's put some thought into his item. More likely then that the item itself is not a complete fabrication. Of course, scum could hold this item and perhaps have a way to give it to someone else. Wouldn't that be Eeveel?

Fwiw, I would still be interested if more people showed interest in ash as well.

Maybe a little bit of a scummy comment, especially when you put it together with all the other shEepee voting he's done. He's done a lot of "This is how I play as scum, and I'm definitely not playing that way." and "I could vote for him, especially if that's how others want to vote." Both types of comments read mildly scummEe-vee to me. Yeah, if it weren't for the claim, Eevee would be on my lynch list today for sure.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2017, 12:09:23 pm »

Okay, J Reggie now:

Says there could be a pretty good case on Roadrunner very early in the game. Yeah, you guessed it, I don't like that. I think that's why I originally voted for him. His later posts however seem to indicate that he may just think differently about RR's jokes than I do. I'm more null on him now.

Sorry everybody, very busy weekend.  Ash, please don't go yuma on us!  You are very fun to play with and a great mod.  I'm only voting for you because I think you're most likely to be scum.  Although I could see myself switching to Eevee; I think he could pull this kind of stunt as scum.  I was hoping for a scummier response from Dylan after my bait post. 

But what about space?  I haven't seen much of them this game.

Mentioning a 'bait post' is a little towny maybe from someone who hasn't spent much effort on the game yet. Does disinterested scum think to lie about making bait posts? Well, maybe they still try to bait someone into saying something scummy. Slightly more likely from town I guess. Also possible he just stole the idea from Faust who mentioned a bait post before he did. Sorry for the insult if that's not true. 

Nothing else of note to me. J Reggie is super-null. Am I voting him? That seems bad

Vote: SpaceAnemone

Let's go with that for now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:45 pm »

I like that we have some action, didn't realize deadline was so close. 

Has there been more lurking than normal?  Isn't SA much better at posting that this?  That feels off.  Eevee is getting no love, I guess from the item, so whatever.  Jake is also way quiet this game.  RR feels like RR, haven't firmed up a read there.

Basically I have igu as town, a bunch of null, and Dylan and J Reggie at the scummier end of that.  I am in the minority in not Town reading Eevee, so that's something.  Faust feels townier with his recent interrogatory staccato style, which I associate with his town games.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2017, 12:20:37 pm »

Jake reread! This guy is the ultimate lurker.

I know nothing about the flavor. Also my item is pretty bad too.

I have a theory about this. No, I won't share it yet. Remind me around mass claim time if I'm still alive.

supposed to ~25%.
I can confirm that there are 3 scum so anyone has a 25% chance of being scum. You don't need to approximate sign, buddy.
Because you are scum??? scumslip???

At least Jake is (probably mostly) joking. While I'm thinking about it, I asked the mod for the previous setup that shared a thread with this one. That setup specified exactly three scum and nine town. I know Roadrunner called his claim a joke, but I'm going to psycho-analyze him anyway and theorize. Possibly Roadrunner was originally remembering the specifics of the previous setup, then when he got called out for a false statement, he got embarassed about being wrong, maybe couldn't even remember why he thought that in the first place, and decided to fall back on "It was a joke, guys" because, well, Roadrunner est quid Roadrunner est.

I'm gonna Unvote on RR and here's why. I think scum RR would most definitely not  play this way. also (hot take here) RR may have actually claimed at the start before realizing he made a mistake doing it and is now trying to cover it up as a joke. To make the joke more believable he's playing with a "carefree" attitude  to make the joke more believable. <-- (probably crazy untrue conspiracy theory but MaYbE???)

Haha, and now I see this. My theory is basically Jake's theory but with more details to support it.

I'm null on everything from Jake. He needs to post. Has it been 24 hours since his last post?

Request Prod on Jake

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 10, 2017, 12:23:27 pm »

Gkrieg is next. I won't analyze the motivations of the IC. I will say, as I read him, he would land very firmly in my 'would-lynch pile' if he weren't IC. Makes me feel not so confident about my reads.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 10, 2017, 12:36:19 pm »

Oh boy, time to read Faust.

Man, I'm not quoting all those statements.

Here's what I think about Faust. I think his play looks like town play. I've thought that before about him as scum. Way too big of a risk to lynch him today. So he's not on the table. So very much like Eevee, he's not really in my lynch pool today, but that doesn't mean I trust him or think he's necessarily town. And I'll be keeping my eye on him.

I do like his trying to bait people into voting Ash. I think it sucks how it resulted in Ash claiming at L-2, super duper bummer there.

His thing about Eevee playing too scummy to be scum seems likely to be right to me too. Well, unless that's scum!Faust protecting his partner. Ha.

And yeah, I don't like his vote on J Reggie any more after finishing my own reread of J Reggie. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 10, 2017, 12:40:35 pm »

I missed the point when igu got really good at the game!

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 10, 2017, 12:41:22 pm »

Jake reread! This guy is the ultimate lurker.

I know nothing about the flavor. Also my item is pretty bad too.

I have a theory about this. No, I won't share it yet. Remind me around mass claim time if I'm still alive.

supposed to ~25%.
I can confirm that there are 3 scum so anyone has a 25% chance of being scum. You don't need to approximate sign, buddy.
Because you are scum??? scumslip???

At least Jake is (probably mostly) joking. While I'm thinking about it, I asked the mod for the previous setup that shared a thread with this one. That setup specified exactly three scum and nine town. I know Roadrunner called his claim a joke, but I'm going to psycho-analyze him anyway and theorize. Possibly Roadrunner was originally remembering the specifics of the previous setup, then when he got called out for a false statement, he got embarassed about being wrong, maybe couldn't even remember why he thought that in the first place, and decided to fall back on "It was a joke, guys" because, well, Roadrunner est quid Roadrunner est.

I'm gonna Unvote on RR and here's why. I think scum RR would most definitely not  play this way. also (hot take here) RR may have actually claimed at the start before realizing he made a mistake doing it and is now trying to cover it up as a joke. To make the joke more believable he's playing with a "carefree" attitude  to make the joke more believable. <-- (probably crazy untrue conspiracy theory but MaYbE???)

Haha, and now I see this. My theory is basically Jake's theory but with more details to support it.

I'm null on everything from Jake. He needs to post. Has it been 24 hours since his last post?

Request Prod on Jake
My problem is that I haven't played with a majority of the people in this game so I do not know how they play as scum. That said I think for now that J Reggie is looking like my fav to lynch today. Also ummm wow theory thief.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 10, 2017, 12:46:07 pm »

silverspawn reread!

Null on his early game stuff.

I had ~25 because if there are 3 scum it's less but there might be more than 3.

Not sure what to make of RR's claim. Can't come from scum, can it?

Pretty weird statement. Why so strong so early in the game? Then his switch to voting RR is stranger. Faust already noted this.

ash case is super weak.

What's the deal with dylan? The words "beep beep beep" where mentioned (by me) as I just read his posts. I conclude (because I said them) that it was meant to symbolize my scum radar going off.

A decent post, but I somewhat expect better/more from silver. Not really alignment indicative of anyone, unfortunately. Could be town!silver just observing scummy behavior. Could be scum!silver talking about a partner. Could be scum!silver who found a scummy looking town.

After that post, silver basically disappears other than one naked vote on Dylan. Oh and a compliment just now.

silver is definitely in my lynch pool today. He doesn't like playing scum, and I would expect him to lurk more as scum, especially when he's received only minimal suspicion so far this game.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 10, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »

I missed the point when igu got really good at the game!

Don't worry silver, I'll screw it all up soon.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 10, 2017, 12:54:34 pm »

Awaclus reread, haha.

Vote: J Reggie

This is Awaclus' only contribution to the game outside of some high quality humor. We can assume he voted based on this post, as it was J Reggie's most recent post.

Is it possible that LL would include mimes?  Otherwise I think there's a pretty good case on RR already.

Rationale? Perhaps that J Reggie said there was "a pretty good case on RR already" after Roadrunner had only spammed 12 joke posts during pseudo-RVS. That's pretty disingenuous.

So Awaclus found a reason to vote for someone, and he hasn't changed his mind yet. The fact that he hasn't taken the bait on ANY of the other wagons that sprung up seems like he's probably town!Awaclus to me. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2017, 12:57:57 pm »

I haven't said much, but I actually have fairly confident reads on a few players for day 1. Which are town on iguana, faust, and Eevee, and scum on Dylan.

Dylan mostly for this vote:

Yeah, I didn't really think anything about it the first time, but bringing it up again is at best anti-town and at worst completely scummy. vote: RR

they're agreeing with me which is not good because my post didn't really make a lot of sense. And they're apologizing too much.

My post:

vote: RR. the first joke was towny, the second one is scummy.

faust and igu are towny for the classic reason of doing really solid hard to fake stuff. Iguana also has reads very similar to my own which is good. And faust gets further town points for not going after me on various openings, such as subtly including me in the lynch pool for laziness etc.

Eevee is an endorsement of faust's too scummy to be scum point.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »

Ashersky reread, the last one, YAY!

I pretty strongly disagree with his no-lynch idea. I think we definitely need to lynch today. Otherwise the game could stagnate even more.

J Reggie seems under active.  Faust is towny, he'll probably die N1 or N2 if he keeps it up.  Igu is good.

SS, have we played in the same game recently?  I haven't been playing as much so I don't know.  You feel like your play style has changed.

This is all really good analysis. I associate scum!Ash with emotional manipulation. What I see here is objective reasoning/legit scum hunting.

Not happy about the tracker claim. But it does make him much less likely scum. Tracker is a bad fakeclaim D1, because now we'll be asking about his results and those can be hard to repeatedly fabricate.

This is Dylan's long return post.

Reread it, have come to the conclusion that it is textbook IIOA.  He makes a lot of observations but very little in the way of opinions or drawing of conclusions.  It proves he re-read and caught up, but not much else.

Good analysis of Dylan's post too. IIOA means "Information instead of Analysis" for those of you who are too lazy to look up the acronym.

I won't be lynching Ash today.

Well, I'm done. If I reread you, and it pissed you off, please respond! We need more interaction, and we need to get together and lynch someone ASAP too.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

Reads

IC: Gkrieg
Town: Eevee, Faust, RR, Ash, Jake
Null: SS, awaclus, SA
Null to scum: Iguanaiguana, Dylan
Scum: J Reggie
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2017, 01:13:46 pm »

One more post.

To summarize Moderate Scum Slight Scum Null Slight Town Strong Town

SpaceAnemone
Dylan32

silverspawn
J Reggie

Jake
Eevee
Faust
Awaclus

Ashersky
Roadrunner
Gkrieg
Iguana

and I really don't like how both of my moderate scums are basically D1 lynchbait.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2017, 01:19:04 pm »

Rainbows!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.