Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 119487 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #925 on: January 26, 2017, 10:02:41 am »

Just making sure I post enough.

This sort of thing over and over does not inspire confidence. Starting to feel like scum who has given up.
What? How does it feel like scum who has given up? Why would scum!Awaclus give up when it looks like he's not going to be the lynch? That would only make sense if you think that you're his partner, which.... does not exactly seem like an argument you want to be making.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1 Start!
« Reply #926 on: January 26, 2017, 10:03:31 am »

Okay, rereading.

First up, events surrounding gkrieg's breadcrumb:

Faust comes off the towniest. First to react, immediately spells out why it's scummy, is pretty relentless and asks great interrogative questions.

Schadd votes for calamitas apparently for voting for gkrieg, I would say that's slightly scummy.

Robz says it's not an alignment tell whatsoever, this is scummy.

SA doesn't really comment on the gkrieg issue, but says robz's posts was the scummiest in this debacle which is scummy as well, seems like he is trying to divert action away from gkrieg. Makes it less likely they are scum with Robz, though, I would say.

schadd reads faust as town from this, which I would think is towny except only scum knows how right faust was about gkrieg, so I actually think this is somewhat scummy.

LaLight thinks that gkrieg cant be scum because that was scummy. Scum points for him as well! (It's so easy to deal these out from my ivory tower of IC'ness, sorry if I'm being obnoxious.) On reread I do think LL's comment "Exactly 0 alignment-indicative events happened." is towny, despite being totally incorrect. Just strikes to me as something town, not scum would say. It's pretty amusing I see it that way given in the very next post in the game I voted for LL.

Robz agrees with LL that gkrieg's scummy behavior means he is probably town. Scum points! But, you know, town makes misreads, it's not egregious.

Faust, Robz, Awaclus and schadd start a wagon on SA after they theorize about a SK. This is pretty interesting, as it now looks like there is scum at least on one side of the argument. I would think this makes SA look more towny, as many of their potential partners if scum would be in on this wagon. LL says he doesn't like the wagon. faust abandons the wagon either after it grew to uncomfortable size (just covering everything i see, i do think faust is town), or because he was satisfied with SA's explanation of mafia being able to recruit the traitor.

Fwiw, at this point, I see absolutely no contributions from either RR or Awaclus until this point, except for some votes that don't really seem to mean anything on their own. Ichi and Robz have also been very quiet. RR now says he doesn't believe gkrieg to be the traitor.

Nothing's happening, RR even says it feels like RVS still. Robz tries to wake us up by proposing an Awaclus lynch, Awaclus suggests SA instead, SA says Awaclus is fine for them since they were torn between schadd and Awaclus anyways. LL votes for Awaclus as well (again, some town points for Awaclus since many of the potential partners are voting for him now).

Robz abandons the Awaclus wagon at L-2 to vote for Calamitas (who has been very quiet, but I think has posted towny things, although I have the hindsight of knowing gkrieg was the traitor, so I can see why Robz would think differently).

SA makes the point about LL repeating how he is town a lot. Scum probably wouldn't say this about their partner, right?

schadd says he still wants to stay on SA (game is stalling hardcore at this point)

faust really wants to lynch me for empty postign, ichi sheeps. SA makes I think a reasonable argument that while it's true my posts aren't the meatiest, the same could be said for most people in the game. Awaclus sheeps the wagon as well. LL says they don't see me as scum and vote faust for looking for easy mislynch.  Robz makes the same point than LL did about me not being any worse than many others, says he disagrees with lynching me. Awa says they found my partner in Robz. RR says I'm towny and that he'd be willing to vote for faust for pushing a strained case against me. Robz votes for RR. Awaclus says that faust's case is good and that there are also other reasons to think I'm scum. Pretty convenient for him that he never saw it fit to divulge those. I remember not pouncing on this because I though the argument would be stronger if someone else made it, but how did we let him get away with saying that and never giving the reasons?

LL votes for awaclus.

Got up to post 378 (noting for myself), got to go now. I'll finish up and vote later today, I'll try to get it done sooner later than later.

This is totally not proofread, mostly just notes for myself really. Hope it's somehow legible (but faust's reread post is probably a lot better).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #927 on: January 26, 2017, 10:43:27 am »

This sort of thing over and over does not inspire confidence. Starting to feel like scum who has given up.

People don't like my schadd case, so I'll go Vote: Awaclus, since I seem to be the alternative.

Dude, I've gotten two prods this game even though I've been actively following what's going on several times every day. I don't want to get replaced just because there's nothing I want to say.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 26, 2017, 10:43:50 am »

What? How does it feel like scum who has given up? Why would scum!Awaclus give up when it looks like he's not going to be the lynch? That would only make sense if you think that you're his partner, which.... does not exactly seem like an argument you want to be making.

He's given up because he's probably lost anyway--scum don't come back from Day 1 scum lynches. That's what it looks like to me, anyway.

And he might be the lynch. I know you're on a crusade to mislynch here, but the day isn't over yet.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 26, 2017, 10:45:44 am »

People don't like my schadd case, so I'll go Vote: Awaclus, since I seem to be the alternative.

Dude, I've gotten two prods this game even though I've been actively following what's going on several times every day. I don't want to get replaced just because there's nothing I want to say.

But having nothing to say, over and over again, is I think explained by you being a dismayed scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 26, 2017, 10:46:37 am »

Okay, rereading.

First up, events surrounding gkrieg's breadcrumb:

Faust comes off the towniest. First to react, immediately spells out why it's scummy, is pretty relentless and asks great interrogative questions.

Schadd votes for calamitas apparently for voting for gkrieg, I would say that's slightly scummy.

Robz says it's not an alignment tell whatsoever, this is scummy.

I got the gkrieg thing totally wrong, but... like, I'm still shocked he was actually the Traitor. Never in a million years would I have expected him to do that.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #931 on: January 26, 2017, 10:48:00 am »

But having nothing to say, over and over again, is I think explained by you being a dismayed scum.

I didn't say that I have nothing to say. I said that I have nothing I want to say, which means that I could comment on things if I wanted to but I don't see the point so I'd rather not.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 26, 2017, 10:59:28 am »

I didn't say that I have nothing to say. I said that I have nothing I want to say, which means that I could comment on things if I wanted to but I don't see the point so I'd rather not.

I don't see how that undermines the point I'm making.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #933 on: January 26, 2017, 11:01:48 am »

It undermines it because there is no need to explain it by me being a dismayed scum, when there's also the (much simpler) explanation that I'm just town and feeling pretty normal.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 26, 2017, 11:13:57 am »

It undermines it because there is no need to explain it by me being a dismayed scum, when there's also the (much simpler) explanation that I'm just town and feeling pretty normal.
Awaclus has a point.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 26, 2017, 11:15:05 am »

I got the gkrieg thing totally wrong, but... like, I'm still shocked he was actually the Traitor. Never in a million years would I have expected him to do that.
It would be shocked too if my partner scumslipped on D1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 26, 2017, 11:15:54 am »

He's given up because he's probably lost anyway--scum don't come back from Day 1 scum lynches. That's what it looks like to me, anyway.
I once intentionally drove a lynch on my partner on D1 and this made me win the game.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 26, 2017, 11:37:58 am »

Just town, feeling normal, and deliberately not saying things because you don't feel like it?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #938 on: January 26, 2017, 12:01:47 pm »

Just town, feeling normal, and deliberately not saying things because you don't feel like it?

Yep. That's a pretty normal thing for town to do.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #939 on: January 26, 2017, 01:38:31 pm »

We need to concentrate our efforts!

I don't think Calamitas is a bad option. As far as I can tell his only read this far is that gkrieg is scummy for the traitor thing.

Can't say I would oppose many lynches to be honest, being one of the leading wagons. I don't really have any town reads, it feels like scum is doing well this far.
Calamitas died for our sins.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #940 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:03 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

Definitely bed time soon, though hopefully I'll check back in a little while, with the possibility of phone-posting when I should be sleeping...
This is super towny coming after Calamitas's claim, only a couple hours before the deadline when we were scrambling for a new target.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »

Finally fully caught up! Never falling behind again, until next time.

Here are my reads from a full reread. If something unfortunate were to happen to me, please consider these tomorrow! Feeling somewhat confident on them, especially the town reads.

Townreads, starting with the strongest:

faust - just very towny all around. Hats off if this is a scum performance, although if anyone I guess it would be faust.

SA - The gkrieg vote at the deadline was so super towny. Can't believe scum would ever do that, what do you guys think? The post is linked above.

LL - I think in hindsight the play looks very towny, both the voting history and the general feeling I'm getting.

End of town reads.

Ichi - I'm 100% super total null on, even after a reread. That's not good, but I guess this would be more of a PoE lynch.

schadd - Is very interesting - I could see Robz faking that case as scum, but if he is town, I don't think it's half bad. I think he is definitely, definitely giving himself too much credit for "getting gkrieg lynched". I think SA's vote on him was significantly townier than anything he did. Schadd, do you disagree with that?

Robz - So, looks bad with the voting history, the case is surprisingly good which goes in line with genius scumRobz. This would be an interesting flip, at least.

Awaclus:
I guess I would go for anyone other than myself to ensure a lynch, but I'm not super excited about schadd.
This was towny from him - for scum Awaclus in that situation with gkrieg being the main alternative pushing for schadd more strongly would make sense. Alas, his day 1 voting history is terrible, tunneling me all day and staying off the scum wagon. I think it's my preferred lynch, the defense hasn't seem genuine to me, but there is the fact that I tend to think that town blames themselves more for the heat if they are getting pressured, and I don't think Awaclus would probably do that anyways, so I shouldn't put much stock to my read of his defense.

RR: Also a scummy voting record and lack of any towny things.

Damn I hope I didn't forget anyone after a full reread.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 26, 2017, 02:12:58 pm »

I will super vehemently oppose the lynch of any of my town reads, and I don't think schadd should be lynched before Robz probably (he would start looking a lot scummier if Robz was town, though). Ichi is not so scummy that I think he is our best bet, although he totally fits the intheshadows-scum - bill.

So, I'm left with RR, Awaclus and Robz. RR not being awake is a reasonable explanation, and he does get this suspicion in every game, seems pretty clear he's also been very busy lately.

So, Robz or Awaclus. A quick note here: Despite me thinking they are the two most likely scum, I think it's extremely unlikely they'd be scum together. So whichever we lynch, the other should get HEAVY scrutiny tomorrow, I think.

Awaclus's behavior totally matches someone who realizes they are in deep deep waters, and (correctly from my perspective) identifies Robz as the scummiest looking other player, but I think the hail mary against schadd is also totally what scumRobz would try.

Even though I think it's useful information on schadd if Robz dies, I still think Awaclus fits the scum narrative just a little better, so

Vote: Awaclus it will be.

Interested to hear what the people I read as town think about my reads (and others too of course, I just don't promise to trust you as much).

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 26, 2017, 03:08:28 pm »

schadd - Is very interesting - I could see Robz faking that case as scum, but if he is town, I don't think it's half bad. I think he is definitely, definitely giving himself too much credit for "getting gkrieg lynched". I think SA's vote on him was significantly townier than anything he did. Schadd, do you disagree with that?
if he could fake the case, then how is it good? i mean, i pointed out a few things that were factually incorrect about it, and there isn't really much i can say beyond that. does 510 look like a bus?

i can believe that i'm giving myself too much credit i guess. i showed pretty continual interest in the lynch starting at the point that i voted him, but i also talked about it to a larger extent in the qt that i'm keeping. another thing is that i was scrutinizing him, in particular, after M86 (he was my top townread for most of the game)

awaclus at the very least has to start be interesting. imagine it, like, instead of claiming at l-1, you start posting any reads and pointing things out that aren't obvious/impersonal

i'd still be happy to lynch lalight, as you might notice. i went back and looked at it just now, and it still makes sense to me (i was surety worried that i was getting some confirmation bias after looking at lalight for like an hour)
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 26, 2017, 03:21:56 pm »

I mostly agree with Eevee's reads, but wanted to comment on this:

faust - just very towny all around. Hats off if this is a scum performance, although if anyone I guess it would be faust.

Thats not something that had occurred to me, but now that you mention it I can't get it out my head, especially in light of:

I once intentionally drove a lynch on my partner on D1 and this made me win the game.

I think it would be pretty insane to actually lynch faust here after the way Day 1 played out, but let's not totally forget about him, because that's pretty much the only way for town to blow it at this point: award auto-town status to people and never re-consider it. My decision to permanently acquit Axxle in Mafia 40 still haunts me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 26, 2017, 03:44:47 pm »

Feeling towny on schadd after that response. I think it could be a bus possibly, it's pretty non-committal as far as bus's go, but I agree that it's clearly a towny post, and you do deserve town credit for pushing gkrieg in that situation and in general. I also agree about Awaclus - I can't imagine he'd give out less information than he does now if he was under serious danger of being lynched.

@Robz

Of course we aren't lynching faust today, but it's good to keep in mind of course. I would say it starts becoming more of a possibility the more nights he survives. Really nothing to worry about yet.

Incidentally, casting a shadow of doubt over even the towniest of our players is also what scumRobz would need to do in order to pull this out.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 26, 2017, 03:48:33 pm »

Incidentally, casting a shadow of doubt over even the towniest of our players is also what scumRobz would need to do in order to pull this out.

Hypothetical scum Robz would need to cast more than just a shadow!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 26, 2017, 05:30:14 pm »

Awaclus's behavior totally matches someone who realizes they are in deep deep waters, and (correctly from my perspective) identifies Robz as the scummiest looking other player, but I think the hail mary against schadd is also totally what scumRobz would try.
Awaclus' behaviour is totally normal and in line with Awaclus' play in every game. I don't think it say much about his alignment; if anything, it makes him a bit townier.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 26, 2017, 05:46:31 pm »

Awaclus' behaviour is totally normal and in line with Awaclus' play in every game. I don't think it say much about his alignment; if anything, it makes him a bit townier.

I don't agree. I've never seen him literally just post "bump to keep me from being modkilled" a bunch of times.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 26, 2017, 06:15:19 pm »

I don't agree. I've never seen him literally just post "bump to keep me from being modkilled" a bunch of times.

For me personally Robz looks like looking for a mislynch. Schadd, then Awaclus. I don't remember scum!Robz tunnelling much, but nevertheless this is quite antitown from my perspective
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.