Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 119382 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2017, 07:12:12 pm »

my second post was largely a joke; for whatever reason i can remember pps calling himself obvtown for the dumb hammer thing in m87, but i can't find anything other than this
PPS - made that commitment so would lynch if forced. Otherwise IC. Confused why not obvtown to everyone.

Yeah I'm not buying schadd's bid for IC status, and I've also just found his play sort of bizarre all game.

Vote: schadd
i don't see why either of these are scummy

That being said, I think a faust lynch wouldn't be the worst thing we could do.
if you lost your hedge trimmers, you can just borrow one of ours. we're good neighbors.

However, if schadd is town, I don't see you being bold enough (with one of your scumbuddies already dead) to build his wagon like this.
that doesn't make any sense
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 23, 2017, 07:03:22 am »

you mean like how yesterDay, when i was v desperate to get gkrieg lynched?

stop pointing on your considerable ICness just because you tunnelled gkrieg. We still do not know if you were aware he's traitor. vote: schadd
We pretty much do.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 23, 2017, 07:04:27 am »

Coming around to vote: Robz I think. That schadd vote is just awful.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 23, 2017, 12:02:02 pm »

you mean like how yesterDay, when i was v desperate to get gkrieg lynched?

stop pointing on your considerable ICness just because you tunnelled gkrieg. We still do not know if you were aware he's traitor. vote: schadd
We pretty much do.

Yeah, given a lack of counterclaim for Eevee, we can be pretty sure we're in the scenario on Row 4 of the setup grid: 1-shot Commuter, Psychologist, Detective, Mafia Knows Traitor.

That's why I think RR looks so scummy, because he sidled off gkrieg's wagon at a really bad moment.

I agree with faust that schadd looks towny (though he's also looking odd and schaddish), so I'd much rather see people moving their votes from him to RR.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 23, 2017, 12:05:25 pm »

That's why I think RR looks so scummy, because he sidled off gkrieg's wagon at a really bad moment.
Wouldn't that be suicide to do as scum?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 23, 2017, 12:17:14 pm »

When scum protects their partner, the hope is of course that they succeed and no one gets to see that they were defending a red person. It only becomes problematic when you try and fail.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 23, 2017, 12:18:39 pm »

Well, you'd have been gambling.. the chance to recruit gkrieg would have been quite tempting, no?

Also, you might just not have considered the fact that PRs outing themselves would constrain the setup as much as is has done so quickly.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 23, 2017, 12:20:41 pm »

When scum protects their partner, the hope is of course that they succeed and no one gets to see that they were defending a red person. It only becomes problematic when you try and fail.
I wasn't 'protecting' gkrieg. If you reread, you'll learn that I was happy to have him lynched, but I was more happy to have Eevee lynched, and I thought Eevee's lynch would be more likely to go through.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »

I wasn't 'protecting' gkrieg. If you reread, you'll learn that I was happy to have him lynched, but I was more happy to have Eevee lynched, and I thought Eevee's lynch would be more likely to go through.

So what were your overall reads/feelings of scumminess for everyone at that point in the game? (As opposed to your current D2 feelings at post #818).

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 23, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »

So what were your overall reads/feelings of scumminess for everyone at that point in the game? (As opposed to your current D2 feelings at post #818).
How did this become about everyone?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 23, 2017, 12:46:34 pm »

It's always about everyone if you're paranoid :-P I assumed you'd formed opinions on the other people, even if you've presented it now as just a choice between gkrieg and Eevee. Like, where did you really feel like the scums were at that point?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 23, 2017, 12:47:55 pm »

It's always about everyone if you're paranoid :-P I assumed you'd formed opinions on the other people, even if you've presented it now as just a choice between gkrieg and Eevee. Like, where did you really feel like the scums were at that point?
I wasn't worried about that at all tbh. Just catch the scum one at a time, you know?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 23, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »

Actually protecting the traitor is quite a bit better than protecting your normal partner, as you can try to play the "mafia might not have known who he is" card afterwards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 23, 2017, 05:55:09 pm »

What up guys? It's not the weekend anymore.

Prod: Awaclus, LaLight

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:12 pm »

LaLight at least is semi VLA.

I really need to re-read but I've been putting it off. I'm still quite happy with my schadd vote, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:22 pm »

Well, you'd have been gambling.. the chance to recruit gkrieg would have been quite tempting, no?
By the way, I don't think recruiting the Traitor is something scum would ever actively want to do.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:44 pm »

I really need to re-read but I've been putting it off. I'm still quite happy with my schadd vote, though.
But why? He is very much town.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 23, 2017, 05:59:26 pm »

But why? He is very much town.

I know you keep saying that. All I see from him is a lot of empty nothingness, and it's giving me a bad feeling. I mean, obviously I have to re-read to see if it makes any sense.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 23, 2017, 06:03:33 pm »

Actually protecting the traitor is quite a bit better than protecting your normal partner, as you can try to play the "mafia might not have known who he is" card afterwards.
Huh? No, in this setup, at some point, we know everything.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »

All I see from him is a lot of empty nothingness, and it's giving me a bad feeling.
speak for yourself, cowboy
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 23, 2017, 06:25:34 pm »

so.
space, si vous plait, what were your thoughts for voting gkrieg

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 23, 2017, 06:31:38 pm »

Oh, I am really sorry. I guess, my schadd vote was not log ago? I am still fine with it. And I still think he was pointing too much to the fact he was tunneling gkrieg. And I still think faust is town. Not much happened from my pov that could make me change my thoughts. Well, I clearly can't understand why faust thinks schadd is town.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 23, 2017, 06:41:59 pm »

This prod came in 23 hrs 40 minutes adter my last post btw :P
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:41 pm »

Oh, I am really sorry. I guess, my schadd vote was not log ago? I am still fine with it. And I still think he was pointing too much to the fact he was tunneling gkrieg. And I still think faust is town. Not much happened from my pov that could make me change my thoughts. Well, I clearly can't understand why faust thinks schadd is town.
It's not hard to understand if you check my reread. But I can extract the case on schadd being town from it if people think it's necessary.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 23, 2017, 06:47:38 pm »

so.
space, si vous plait, what were your thoughts for voting gkrieg

Ah, sorry! That got a bit lost in my excitement over LL's arrival! (C'est "s'il vous plaît", n'est-ce pas?)

Anyway, in mid-D1, I was mostly influenced by LL's reluctance to lynch gkrieg based on gkreig's recent meta of always dying D1 or N1 -- I'd feel quite guilty about being part of the mob denying him from fun. For most of my games, I've ended up scumreading him even when he's town, so I was trying hard not to fall into that trap this game. That meant trying to see the town motivation for what he'd said, even though on the face of it, him mentioning the traitor in his first post did seem like an unfortunately obvious breadcrumb. Anyway, I came around by the end of the day, thankfully :-)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43  All

Page created in 2.449 seconds with 19 queries.