Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 119491 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1000 on: January 27, 2017, 05:16:39 pm »

Vote: Robz
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1001 on: January 27, 2017, 05:16:53 pm »

The more I read this, the more I'm souring on this lynch for today. He sure looks like his goal is trying to help town to win with or without him. Basically I would assume his behavior would be more targeted towards avoiding being the lynch if he was scum.

But if he avoids being the lynch by making it look like he's trying to help town win with or without him, doesn't that achieve precisely what he's trying to do as scum?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 27, 2017, 05:27:21 pm »

The more I read this, the more I'm souring on this lynch for today. He sure looks like his goal is trying to help town to win with or without him. Basically I would assume his behavior would be more targeted towards avoiding being the lynch if he was scum.

But if he avoids being the lynch by making it look like he's trying to help town win with or without him, doesn't that achieve precisely what he's trying to do as scum?
Yeah, that's definitely a concern. I remain undecided.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 27, 2017, 07:42:31 pm »

Yeah, that's definitely a concern. I remain undecided.

And that's exactly why i do not unvote.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 27, 2017, 09:47:31 pm »

robz, do you remember your read of me from M87?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 27, 2017, 10:10:55 pm »

Just caught up. I completely believe ash is town, though I believed he was even before his claim.

Hydrad, Silverspawn, pacovf, azadin all seem like good lynches to me.

I'm like the most IC person now, right? Mwahaha.
i don't like your bid for IC there
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 27, 2017, 11:33:12 pm »

Just caught up. I completely believe ash is town, though I believed he was even before his claim.

Hydrad, Silverspawn, pacovf, azadin all seem like good lynches to me.

I'm like the most IC person now, right? Mwahaha.
i don't like your bid for IC there

I honestly dont remember this game even a little bit. (Drunk ATM)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 27, 2017, 11:33:30 pm »

It wasnt a read, it was based on night info

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2017, 04:27:54 am »

If I'm the lynch, fine, but it's a little irritating because I'm putting in way more work than Awaclus or RR.
Well we don't usually lynch based on activity level. Especially if we have a good bunch of information available.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 28, 2017, 04:31:16 am »

I think we need to lynch Robz now. Our top proirity today should be to not out the Detective. Any other lynch might do just that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 28, 2017, 05:48:16 am »

Okay, I can see that. Intent to hammer I guess.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 28, 2017, 05:56:31 am »

Not to push, but what exactly are you waiting for?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1012 on: January 28, 2017, 06:04:33 am »

After finishing the reread, I do see that he walked that preference back pretty quickly. RR does look pretty scummy coming out of the reread.

I'll do RR. Still feel like Awaclus is a better bet. But Vote: Road Runner

That's two words -- I hope faust counts it!

Oops, sorry, e! I'm clearly too used to faust being the mod!

I've been doing way too much hasty posting in this game :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 28, 2017, 06:06:02 am »

I feel like Robz is likely to be town, because I don't think RR leaves a bus vote there overnight. Though I guess he can see that I'm getting townread for the same thing regarding my late-night gkrieg vote.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 28, 2017, 08:16:03 am »

I feel like Robz is likely to be town, because I don't think RR leaves a bus vote there overnight. Though I guess he can see that I'm getting townread for the same thing regarding my late-night gkrieg vote.
That's pretty bad reasoning, because it depends on RR being scum, which may have an assigned probability of maybe 50% if you have a decently strong scumread. In the other 50% though, the statement above, even if technically true, has no relevance to the current game state.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 28, 2017, 08:38:06 am »

That's pretty bad reasoning, because it depends on RR being scum, which may have an assigned probability of maybe 50% if you have a decently strong scumread. In the other 50% though, the statement above, even if technically true, has no relevance to the current game state.

Sure, I appreciate your warnings, and others should as well!

Now humour me, please :-) What likelihood would you assign to RR making that sort of a bus?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 28, 2017, 08:56:26 am »

vote: robz
whonk!

done rereading; his case on me and other stuff today doesn't feel like when he's town, really. i think he's either pretty solidly reasoned out, or he doesn't bother saying reasoning, whereas here he did a bunch of one-post analyses that kinda stunk, and a case that also seems kind of out of character from M50 and M45. this was enough to offset the town inkling i had on him.

also, don't die for an awaclus read.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 28, 2017, 08:57:33 am »

It wasnt a read, it was based on night info
wrong dude, also. wish you'd answered this sober (though you may have)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 28, 2017, 09:10:57 am »

Sure, I appreciate your warnings, and others should as well!

Now humour me, please :-) What likelihood would you assign to RR making that sort of a bus?
At this point? 45% maybe.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 28, 2017, 12:17:44 pm »

Am I dead? Bummer. Don't overlook schadd tomorrow, and faust. Probably a scum in Awaclus/RR though. Didn't have time to look at Space and LL, no real thoughts there.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 2 Start!
« Reply #1020 on: January 28, 2017, 12:18:51 pm »

Final Vote Count

Robz888 (5): Awaclus, faust, LaLight, Roadrunner7671, schadd
Roadrunner7671 (2): SpaceAnemone, Robz888

Not Voting (2): Ichimaru Gin, Eevee

Robz888 has been lynched!  He was a Mafia Roleblocker!

N2 begins now and will end in about 48 hours.  Please submit your night actions in a timely manner

Thread Locked
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #1021 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43:53 pm »

The debate continued, desperate to clear the air and get the contest back under way.  However, progress was difficult.  So instead of looking at the nominators, they decided to look at some of the nominations to see if they could collectively kick one or two out and hopefully find a way forward.  They looked at one, then another, then a third, then came upon this one:

A debate soon began over whether Azimov's stories could be improved upon had he actually created the killbot hellscape rather than the balanced world he created.  Some in the room were totally for the killbot hellscape, where other's simply enjoyed Asimov's world.  There were a few outliers (there always are) who wished that Asimov had written about the frustrating world situation.  In the end, there could be no consensus, only consternation.  The Grand Organizer came out and made a decision: "Since this comic has created such divisiveness, we have no choice but to throw it out.  We can only hope that it was submitted by one of those mischievous fiends who are attempting to subvert our competition."

To the great relief of everyone in the competition, it was!  As soon as the announcement was made, Robz flew out the door and ran away screaming something unintelligible about the unjust treatment of his comic and that he knew no one would understand so the only just and proper thing to do was rig the competition.  or something like that.  No one really thought about too much, except to breathe a sigh of relief that they were one step closer to bringing the competition to a close, and naming the one true Ultimate xkcd Comic Strip of the Century.

Please remember to submit your night actions!  Day 3 will begin in about 20 hours.  Or so.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #1022 on: January 30, 2017, 08:24:44 am »

The mood was significantly better.  Everyone was getting a really good feel about the contest moving forward without interference.  Well, not everyone.  In fact, a janitor discovered a time machine in the closet presumably to send the contest back to the beginning and try all over again to rig the contest.  Eevee wasn't that worried.  In fact, he was completely confident that even if the time machine worked, it wouldn't *actually* work as displayed by his submission:

Unfortunately, after pointing out this fatal flaw, it wasn't long until Eevee and his submission disappeared.  No one was quite sure how it happened, but everyone assumed that it was a desperate act of malevolence from group of conspirators to complete their goal of winning the contest.

Eevee was killed in the night!  He was a town psychologist!

I hope no one minds, starting the day just a bit early

Day 3 Start!

Thread Unlocked

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (7): Roadrunner7671, Awaclus, LaLight, faust, Ichimaru Gin, schadd, SpaceAnemone

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day 3 will last 10 days. The deadline for Day 3 will be Thursday, 09 February,  at 8:30 AM forum time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:25:59 am by 2.71828..... »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 30, 2017, 08:36:01 am »

I believe schadd and faust here. I hope there's a detective who can clear someone, but i think they shouldn't claim.

vote: sa i think.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 30, 2017, 08:51:14 am »

Haha, this is brilliant :-)

We have a guaranteed town win now!

I am the detective! I got a guilty result on RR the first night, which was why I was tunneling him so much yesterday: I wanted him out of the way in order to force the other scum to do the NK, since I can only detect people correctly if they'very actually performed the kill.

Even if you don't believe me, you can lynch me tonight and RR tomorrow after my flip, and we still win :-) Though obviously a flawless set of lynches would be much cooler :-)

Well done for the people who voted for Robz in order to push that through... the fact I knew for certain that RR was scum was muddying that one for me. Good bussing there, RR!

Anyway, vote: RR, everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 19 queries.