Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Discard and draw mechanic  (Read 7952 times)

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Discard and draw mechanic
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 10:34:02 am »

I'm thinking an attack with the optional +1 Card, +1 Action could be interesting. On a curser, after the curses are out this could be recycled. On a militia, it could be recycled if their hand is already too low for it to work. How would you do it? I'm thinking something like this:

Warlock

$4
Action - Attack
Choose one: + $1 and each other player gains a Curse, or +1 Card, +1 Action

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 10:41:00 am »
+2

Looks very strong for $4. Difficult to be sure whether it's stronger than Sea Hag, which is not exactly a weak card for its cost.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 11:23:46 am »
+2

Looks very strong for $4. Difficult to be sure whether it's stronger than Sea Hag, which is not exactly a weak card for its cost.

Seems way stronger than Sea Hag to me. Yes, the curse going on your deck definitely adds a fair amount to Sea Hag, but both an extra $1 and it not being a dead card later seem like much more.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

MattLee

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 11:33:25 am »

I wonder if I dropped the + $1 if it would be too boring. Donald has said he doesn't do cards like Sea Hag and Saboteur with no benefit to the player because people don't like them. Would the ability to cycle it out make it interesting enough to play? I'm guessing not  :-\

Miked

• Salvager
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »
+2

Maybe it could work if you increase the cost and buffed the effect? Perhaps give it buy so you might not automatically cycle it after the curses are out.

MattLee

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 09:54:20 pm »

I've got a quite a bit of time testing this one and I'm not sure where to go with it. I tired a few things and settled on

Choose one: +2 Actions and you may trash a non-treasure from your hand or +1 Card, +1 Action.

Letting you trash anything seemed too good and the card rarely got cycled out. Actually I think thats why there are no offical village trashers, thinning out the deck makes makes the villages more and more powerful as you are more likely to draw your actions. Anyways, this lets you chuck your Estates and fights junking attacks. The card is fine but its uncommon for you to have only $2 to spend once the game gets going and if you're building an engine you're going to keep needing to buy these and wasting any left over money which feels bad. Adding a +Buy instead of the trashing would let you get more of them without wasting money. Would anyone buying like that?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 10:15:45 pm by MattLee »

MattLee

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 11:05:19 pm »
+1

I've given up on Ghost town and Negotiator. Ghost town works but just isn't much fun any way you cut it. Negotiator was as boring as I should have realized it would be. I still think theres room for a card with this +1 Card, +1 Action text but I don't know what it would be..
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.463 seconds with 21 queries.