Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85  All

Author Topic: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (g@me over)  (Read 205791 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D4)
« Reply #1950 on: January 27, 2017, 05:34:08 pm »

If any other player is claiming PR, how's the time.  At this point, I'm assuming EFHW, gkrieg, and mcmc all claim VT.

Also, Awaclus, I think it's time to claim your block.

I blocked mcmc N3.

But scum!RB knew that ash was probably RB, so I don't think this really clears a mcmc/EFHW team. 

But that does mean that they got lucky that you guys didn't block the opposite people.

I don't know man.  We have EFHW and mcmc blocked on N3 and a kill went through.  I think it is safe to assume that I was blocked N3 and they would have guessed Awaclus had used his shot.

If EFHW blocked and killed, sure.  But for mcmc to have done the kill last night, they had to have decided to block Awa instead of me.

I think this helps mcmc.

If we lynch EFHW, and she flips the RB, this wouldn't help mcmc. But I agree that if EFHW flips the godfather, it is pretty unlikely that they would've blocked Awa.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 27, 2017, 05:44:29 pm »

You keep talking like we get two shots at this.

It's MYLO.  100%.

You can't use "EFHW flipping scum will prove X" as a thing.  Whoever we lynch HAS to flip scum or the game ends.  You aren't talking that way, which is scummy.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 27, 2017, 05:45:31 pm »

EFHW - gkrieg
EFHW - mcmc
EFHW - TWM
gkrieg - mcmc
gkrieg - TWM
TWM - mcmc

Those are it.  Folks, including me and Awa, need to look at these possible pairings by re-reading 70+ pages.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 27, 2017, 05:46:43 pm »

EFHW and mcmc were the only players off-scum-wagon.

Does scum really not bus RR here?  He did sit at L-2 forEVER.  Bussing is the correct play, but not the guaranteed play.  Still, it's something to think about.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1954 on: January 27, 2017, 05:47:15 pm »

EFHW - gkrieg
EFHW - mcmc
EFHW - TWM
gkrieg - mcmc
gkrieg - TWM
TWM - mcmc

Those are it.  Folks, including me and Awa, need to look at these possible pairings by re-reading 70+ pages.

However, I'm going to look at those pairings by re-reading 40 pages.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 27, 2017, 05:49:23 pm »

EFHW - gkrieg
EFHW - mcmc
EFHW - TWM
gkrieg - mcmc
gkrieg - TWM
TWM - mcmc

However, I'm going to look at those pairings by re-reading 40 pages.

Fair enough.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 28, 2017, 02:44:36 pm »

I'll be doing my reread probably tomorrow. I had started to read through all the most recent replies from Friday, but decided I would wait until after I reread so as to not let those posts dilute and change my thoughts during my own reread. So sorry if there are any questions for me out there. I'll get to them after the reread.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 28, 2017, 08:44:04 pm »

I reread TWM, and while it was a great scum!narrative that he was protecting gkrieg with a town claim, alas, but also fortunately, I still find him thoroughly towny.

Also none of his interactions with RR seem partner-like, or with mcmc.

So if he is scum, he is having a GREAT first game.

Things I noticed:
-- He is kind of irritable, sarcastic, scolding. This was consistent throughout and seems equal opportunity for all. Also seems like he is motivated by a town wincon.
-- He got way too caught up with Jake, and that was annoying to me, because I was trying to take the "skip Jake's posts" route, but then I had to read TWM's responses to Jake, which were all things Jake has heard many times before.  I guess each of us has to go through the "trying to reason with Jake" experience for ourselves. The RR-Jake conspiracy theory seemed reasonable, though.
-- While he brings up being new many, many times, it feels like he is earnestly trying to master the game. Someone had seen this as scummy, but that wasn't my impression.
-- His Day 2 insistence that gkrieg was town now makes more sense, given his result.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 28, 2017, 09:14:03 pm »

I don't know what to do about gkrieg.  He reads so incredibly scummy to me, but others aren't agreeing.  Maybe try rereading him as if you hypothetically know for a fact that I am town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 28, 2017, 09:51:53 pm »

It seems like everyone is accepting ash as town RB - is that true?
If we no lynch, ash will be nk'd. Awaclus could theoretically be scum, and mcmc, grieg and me.
I don't really agree with ash's reads, but it seems like having one less town around would hamper our efforts even further.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:59 am »

How I see it. Either the team is Awa/ash or it is mcmc/EFHW.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: January 29, 2017, 11:51:53 am »

Oh wait, even that isn't possible. Only 1 of the PRs could be scum because we saw a 1-shot strongman. That means that ash can't be scum.

I will say that this doesn't mean that one of them has to be scum. Just that at most 1 is scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: January 29, 2017, 11:52:33 am »

So ash is IC

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: January 29, 2017, 12:54:05 pm »

And Awaclus is town, just because making the claim he did at the time he did and having it work out is just insane.

So really I just need to find the townie in EFHW/TWM/mcmcsalot.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D1)
« Reply #1964 on: January 29, 2017, 12:56:43 pm »

I don't want to lynch mcmc at this point.  The contributions he did make were towny, and I didn't get the feeling he had any particular agenda.

So, to start off, it looks like mcmcsalot is the only wagon at the end of D1 that I don't read as town/know is town.  So really I'm just looking for people who were deflecting off of it in the 6 people I mentioned earlier (those alive - me/faust/Awaclus/Joseph).  Also those people that were trying to consolidate wagons, to avoid wagons on other people.

I would say that if mcmcsalot is scum, EFHW is a likely partner.

I would prefer a robz or mcmc lynch. mcmc is lurking hard and as soon as we started to point that out he came in caused a to of chaos and then went back to lurking so it's not really just a lurker lynch.

This I think continues to give Jake town points.

It is true, from whoever said it, that RR does pretty much only talk about Jake.

Need to grab quotes and I need to go to sleep so will wait till morning to post my full case but i am going to vote: faust as he believed joseph was towny before his claim when I think he almost certainly looked scummy and he has repeatedly supported jake's plan to narrow the lynch pool which I think is much more scummy then jakes very damaging but I think town inspired plan.
I'm interested to see your case, but this close to deadline, voting off the 3 existing wagons probably isn't very helpful.

More urging from EFHW to stay on the mislynches.

Calamitas doesn't offer very much.  He could also be scum.

ash also keeps pushing the Robz wagon, although at this point, it is obvious that one of the major wagons (me/Awa/Robz) is probably going to lynch.

But ash also tries to lynch outside of the existing wagons, so town points to him.

Ok, so TWM (not from this) comes out townie and so does ash.

I think EFHW is the scummiest from this, and also mcmcsalot comes on right after deadline (eerily so).  I think I call a EFHW/mcmcsalot/RR team here.

vote: EFHW

Uh, also I'm amazing just so you know.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: January 29, 2017, 01:18:53 pm »

And Awaclus is town, just because making the claim he did at the time he did and having it work out is just insane.

So really I just need to find the townie in EFHW/TWM/mcmcsalot.

See, you say things like this and I can only conclude you must be scum, having ruled out TWM and knowing myself to be town. But it's "he says/she says" here.  We seem to agree about mcmc.  Lynch there?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 29, 2017, 01:27:11 pm »

Well I'm more sure about you being scum than I am about mcmcsalot being scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 29, 2017, 01:32:40 pm »

Also just looking back at how RR responded to TWM's claim, it just doesn't seem like they could be partners.  I'll do a little bit more rereading, and put together a case on EFHW, which might include stuff linking her to mcmcsalot as well.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 29, 2017, 01:35:10 pm »

Also just looking back at how RR responded to TWM's claim, it just doesn't seem like they could be partners.  I'll do a little bit more rereading, and put together a case on EFHW, which might include stuff linking her to mcmcsalot as well.

Actually, I might not make a case.  Just read over all the quotes that I pulled and it is obvious that EFHW was defending both mcmcsalot and RR.  She stopped both wagons from really picking up steam.

I guess what I could do is post relevant RR quotes and go the other direction now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 29, 2017, 01:43:43 pm »

I haven't defended mcmc in a long time. I misread RR, twice. It's true. I feel bad about it. But he was going to get lynched. Sticking my neck out for him would not be good scum play.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 29, 2017, 01:44:30 pm »

Also just looking back at how RR responded to TWM's claim, it just doesn't seem like they could be partners. 

By your own POE, mcmc would have to be scum, then.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D3)
« Reply #1971 on: January 29, 2017, 01:51:32 pm »

2. IDontPlayThisGame
3. Robz888 (asterisk)
4. Jakethebaseballgod22
5. Calamitas
6. Awaclus
9. mcmcsalot
10. faust
12. gkrieg13

My lynch pool for today. Not because any of these people are scummy, but because the people I took out are towny.

I would be more inclined to go for RR (he had some stuff in the past that I found suspicious)
Oh yeah, we've never played before! I play differently, and I used to get lynched a bunch for it because different = scummy. I've grown a bit as a player, but mostly I can get away with weird stuff because I'm RR. Sort of like Joseph, except less extreme.

Wow, okay. I'm caught up. I think you guys (Robz, EFHW, Awaclus) are reading between the lines too much. Is this scummy? No. But I do think one of those three are scum and EFHW isn't in my lynch pool, so lynching Robz isn't the worst. I'm also going to intend to hammer, but keep in mind that I have no spine.

Because I'm not scum.
No, I meant that there hadn't seemed to be a case for gkrieg, nor any suspicion on him.

My 3 are Robz,Big G and McEFHW.
EFHW? The other two seem okay, but EFHW just seems randomly thrown in there.

I'm not sure who my three would be, if we were to actually do this.

McMc and RR who are your 3?
Mcmcsalot brought up the point that scum would want to know exactly the information you're trying to provide. I'm not saying you're scum, but I do think scum would benefit more than town from this information.

I'm thinking it's very odd that RR didn't vote.  The last time I remember him being scum, his votes mimicked his scum partner's.  Maybe he has trouble voting as scum.
I was asleep my dude

Ok so and case you have been living under a rock i'm really pissed right now. That was one of the worst conducted lynch's I've ever seen. Seriously i had sorta scum read robz but he became way townier as the day went on and he was clearly the wrong lynch choice. Will rant more when I have more time later as well as drop some scum read and deadline reactions.

vote: Jake
Come on, there's no way Jake is scum.
Keep in mind that TWM has never played with Jake, and Jake would certainly seem scummy to someone who's never played with him.

That being said, I don't think Jake is scum either. But I also don't think he's that upset over the Robz lynch

I just didn't vote so much, I don't see why this is such a big deal. Had I been at the deadline, I would've voted for Robz when he suggested a RR lynch, if not sooner. I feel like you guys are grasping at the straws here in a big way.

So had you been around you would have just omgused robz for suggesting your lynch instead of analyzing the events going down and voting someone you thought was scum, makes sense for what scum wants to do.
No, I would've voted Robz because he was pretty much the only wagon with about 5 minutes left in the day, and because people who were throwing their votes everywhere could've used a kick in the butt. Thanks for twisting my words around, but I don't recall seeing you at the deadline.

would you vote Jake or gkrieg?
Who? Me or TWM?
you
I'd prefer not to vote for Jake but I guess I would because he's hard to read. I'd reread gkrieg before I'd vote for him, but right now I see no reason not to.

I like that TWM has become a RR expert in about 5 minutes. Sorry for 'being lying and manipulative,' that sounds exactly like something I'd do when trying to apologize.

Roadrunners recent posts have been very scummy. I definitely don't like the I don't know what to do post. He genuinely seems like he is invested but doesn't know what to do. Day one I think that points towny but this late in day two with this amount of cases made points toward scum. I know people keep acting like no one is posting but we actually just have a burst of posts then no posts for awhile. My case on Faust is detailed, efhw's on gkrieg is, fausts rereads on everyone have a lot of substance, jake and twm have commented on almost everything. There's tons here to go off of and rr's posts about not knowing what to do look to me like scum literally not knowing what people to side with.

This also makes me think our cases have found scum and rr doesn't want to join them but doesn't want to defend his partners and out them even more.
RR, whether he was town or scum, has never really been conflicted like this. I don't know what the problem is, if I knew it obviously wouldn't be a problem. I am invested in this game though. I just can't figure anything out.

@RR: Did you think Jake was scum?
It's impossible to tell with Jake. I did, however, think that the more he posted the more possible it would be to tell. While we were having our back and forth, he seemed to relaxed to be scum. But later in the day I think he started acting scummy.

I'm calling right now that this is a ploy and the scamteam is gkreig/TWM/x. This seems way too convenient. TWM happens to be a PR at MyLo, and he clears gkrieg, his partner who was under fire. Gkrieg then accepts this, not suspicious at all as to why he would've been investigated N1.

What did gkrieg do D1 to warrant an investigation?

I'm calling right now that this is a ploy and the scamteam is gkreig/TWM/x. This seems way too convenient. TWM happens to be a PR at MyLo, and he clears gkrieg, his partner who was under fire. Gkrieg then accepts this, not suspicious at all as to why he would've been investigated N1.

What did gkrieg do D1 to warrant an investigation?

Uh...  Do you remember that I was like crazy close to getting lynched D1????
No I didn't  :o

But why would that make him want to invest you? Your lynch would've been informative and if your wagon got run up on D2, people might not believe TWM or not care.

@EFHW, what changed from yesterday?

I think it's pretty likely that both TWM and gkrieg are scum, so I'd be happy lynching either. I guess gkrieg has a higher chance of being scum because of Godfather nonsense, but like I said, they're both fine in my book.

EFHW can't be scum. The way she got off my wagon today is something scum wouldn't do. Cause I was at L-1 with intent to hammer. Scum EFHW should not have unvoted.

I am happy to vote for you or gkrieg. I've made that clear. Sorry for tryong to prevent a quick hammer uf you or gkieg are in fact town

Sorry for typos

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 29, 2017, 01:51:57 pm »

Also just looking back at how RR responded to TWM's claim, it just doesn't seem like they could be partners. 

By your own POE, mcmc would have to be scum, then.

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 29, 2017, 01:52:57 pm »

I haven't defended mcmc in a long time. I misread RR, twice. It's true. I feel bad about it. But he was going to get lynched. Sticking my neck out for him would not be good scum play.

Well he hasn't really been scumread by town!people in a long time.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 29, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »

Those RR quotes are all of the ones I could find with interactions with people still alive.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85  All

Page created in 2.36 seconds with 19 queries.