Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58]  All

Author Topic: RMM40: Stranger Things Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 138901 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM40: Stranger Things Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #1425 on: February 28, 2017, 01:42:48 am »

Man, don't be so frustrated! Mods do mistakes, that's the part of the game along with other.. parts. You are one of the best mods I've ever seen and your games and especially this one were each really fun!

If you feel you want to leave, that is on you of course, but i will be endlessly happy if/when someday you return, not only modding but playing also. I think i may speak for everyone that we are not mad at you or something :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 28, 2017, 01:44:36 am »

Talking about the game, My plan to get trapped was a shitty one actually, it might work only if anyone would rescue me which is not very probable, but I haven't thought a bit about probabilities. Anyway good thing was we had that quarrel with WW when i had no idea he was scum. Cleared him a lot.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM40: Stranger Things Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1427 on: February 28, 2017, 05:53:04 am »

Well I think I've sufficiently screwed up this game to the point where I may as well end it now. It was already pretty messed up with all the other mistakes I've made, but Haddock shouldn't of even had a chance of going to the UD and moving gkrieg into there now would POE WW as scum. So, I may as well as save people the time and just call it as a draw. Town likely would have won just based on the eventual POE as it should really be UoS vs WW, but there is no way of knowing that would happen for certain so it's unfair to give them the win. Especially since the bulk of my errors have already slightly benefited town.

I'm sorry to all those who agreed to play to have it end up like this. I know you've all invested quite a bit of time into this and to have it culminate in such an awkward ending (and due to the mod's actions, of all people) isn't fair for anyone involved. I have no excuse for such a train wreck of a game besides gross negligence brought about by a lack of an attention to detail. All of these are traits any good moderator should have and ones I didn't while overseeing this game. While I was more busy in my personal life than I intended, that shouldn't prevent me from being a decent moderator.

The amount of mistakes I made while modding this game shouldn't be permitted and so I am taking this as a signal for my stepping away from modding and f.ds as a whole. Thank you to the players and moderators that have made this sub forum so engaging. I've enjoyed the 5 years I've been here, but frankly feel too humiliated and ashamed to stick around after this mess. I want to apologize again to everyone who had agreed to play - I am sad and embarrassed that it had to end like this.

I wish you all well.
I was going to vote WW as my first action tomorrow, anyway.  He was the only remaining possibility.

Don't beat yourself up!  This was a really fun game; and this is probably a fair outcome.  If WW was the only scum left I think we would have got him somehow, but I also think town probably didn't deserve the win (I had HORRIBLE reads this game).  So this is a good compromise.

Please don't stop modding!  You're a great mod. :D
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 28, 2017, 06:34:16 am »

Arch, I think you made the right call in calling the game.  When my result got thrown off from N4, it was going to lead to some unfair shenanigans no matter what.

I think you are of course crazy to blame yourself too much, as you know you are probably my favorite game designer on the board.  If you want to step away, definitely go for it (it is always a good thing, actually), but please come back.

UoS, sorry I was so wrong about you.  I think that's been basically every game ever.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 28, 2017, 06:42:24 am »

Arch definitely did right to call the game but damn, man, no hard feelings. Arch designs amazing games, like mind blowingly amazing games. It has to be hard to keep up with it all. We all have personal lives and a forum game has to take lower priority than a lot of other things in life. There's no shame or humiliation in that at all.

I would be all over the next Arch designed game with zero hesitation. Arch is one of my favorite players too so I really hate to see you go on this note. I mean, this is just terrible as I don't think anyone is upset or judgemental other than Arch himself. It sounds like maybe you do need to step back and reevaluate some things but at least keep the option open to return as best mod ever and great player of the game.

I don't know if we ever deserved having someone so awesome in our community but I'm pretty sure we don't deserve to lose you over this.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 28, 2017, 07:28:06 am »

I want to reiterate all of that.  Arch you're an awesome mod and an awesome player.  Of course if you feel you need to take a break you should, but we don't want to lose you!
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 28, 2017, 08:42:09 am »

Well, I'm honestly relieved to not have to go another day under the heat.  Not that I received a whole lot of heat this game, but I knew I was eventually PoE-screwed.

I don't think it really had much to do with any of the mod things (well, UoS being here and Haddock being in the UD was like my only chance to survive, but still that was just a random outcome anyway).  I think we made some risky choices that relied on luck to work out for us, and it didn't.  If LaLight had gotten saved the night people looked for him, we probably could have won this.  I would have been really surprised if a win came any other way (as you can see from the scum QT), though it's possible a day of {Me, Gkrieg, Umbrage} (Ash back in UD) could have led to a mislynch.

I told Arch this separately, but I don't think there's any reason to feel bad over what happened in the game. It was a very cool setup, and very complicated, and we all understand that mistakes happen. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 28, 2017, 10:21:54 am »

I don't think ash hcould go back to the UD, which left me as the only valid target to go back there. That was a very fun game!  Well played by all. I'll post more thoughts when I'm at a computer 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 28, 2017, 10:23:52 am »

I don't think ash hcould go back to the UD, which left me as the only valid target to go back there. That was a very fun game!  Well played by all. I'll post more thoughts when I'm at a computer

The same player can't go there twice?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 28, 2017, 10:24:32 am »

The same player can't go there twice?

Not back to back. I think I just read that in your QT

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 28, 2017, 10:25:35 am »

Ya it's in the OP of the scum QT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:10 am »

Scum had a helluva N1.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 28, 2017, 10:44:58 am »

Ah, I see.  Yeah I'd have to go Gkrieg probably, then hope Ash could go for Umbral. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 28, 2017, 11:26:55 am »

I'm still confused about the Night 1 resolution regarding Calamitas' manipulation of PPS and LaLight.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:03 am »

FWIW I didn't quit b/c of you Arch and I thought this game was clever, and mod mistakes happen homie. Please stick around, maybe take a break from modding games if you're not feeling that.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:28 am »

Also I'm incredibly surprised to find UoS and I on the same team.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58]  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.