Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Admiral  (Read 8461 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 03:28:32 pm »

You guys could spend this time on designing a new traveller.

The final form gives you +1 buy every time you buy something and the option to buy coin tokens for $1 each.

Hmm, so remove limited buys as a rule in the same way Champion removes limited actions. I like it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 03:09:33 am »

So GendoIkari's notion that clogging your deck with crap is never a problem is simply factually wrong.

Please stop misrepresenting my position and arguing against a strawman. You know very well that I never claimed anything involving the words "never" or "always".
War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength and Gendo did not really say what he said:

The suggestion that gaining the card is more of a detriment than a benefit is like saying that Throne Room is better than Disciple, because Disciple could cause you to clog your deck with the card you are throning.

Could you go ahead and use bold or something to mark the place in that quote where it says "never" or "always"?
It is pointless to discuss with pathological liars.

I mentioned the POTENTIAL problem of clogging in my first post whereas you responded with an UNCONDITIONAL statement about clogging not being a problem.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 07:31:58 am »
+1

The suggestion that gaining the card is more of a detriment than a benefit is like saying that Throne Room is better than Disciple, because Disciple could cause you to clog your deck with the card you are throning.
That seems pretty conditional to me. Nowhere did he say something unconditional.

On a side note, what price do you think this is best at Tristan?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 09:51:25 am »
+3

So GendoIkari's notion that clogging your deck with crap is never a problem is simply factually wrong.

Please stop misrepresenting my position and arguing against a strawman. You know very well that I never claimed anything involving the words "never" or "always".
War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength and Gendo did not really say what he said:

Could you go ahead and use bold or something to mark the place in that quote where it says "never" or "always"?
It is pointless to discuss with pathological liars.

I mentioned the POTENTIAL problem of clogging in my first post whereas you responded with an UNCONDITIONAL statement about clogging not being a problem.

*Must stop replying, must stop replying, must stop replying....*

My statement was literally that gaining the card is more of a benefit than a detriment. That is absolutely in no way anything like an unconditional statement that clogging is never a problem. To repeat my previous analogy, I stand by the statement that Gold is better than Copper. That is NOT an unconditional statement that buying a Copper instead of a Gold is never the right move.

Literally no one has made any unconditional statements here; and you have done nothing but argue against imaginary strawmen arguments.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 09:57:38 am »

Yes, uou must stop replying.

Why don't you go and design a travellerline and send it to me?

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 03:41:23 am »

On a side note, what price do you think this is best at Tristan?
I have no idea, high cost cards are hard to balance. Wero is probably right to start to playtest this at 8. If it turns out to be to strong the right move is probably to nerf the card, not to make it Platin or Colony level expensive.

Usually you get Prince during the middlegame and play it the first time somehow around 2/3 of the game in.
So Admiral will also be permanently in play fairly late and while gaining and Summon-style autoplaying cards will still be good it will not be as good as early in the game. You also gotta care about pile-rushing, especially if the VP count is close. As Admiral gains one extra card per turn it could be detrimental if you are behind but could also help you to three-pile the game and rush towards victory if you are ahead.

All this makes it hard to evaluate this card. While some folks pretend that this is simple and virtually always better than Prince I don't think so.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.