Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Author Topic: Dominion Card Image Generator  (Read 116826 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3190
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Card Image Generator
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2021, 12:59:05 pm »
+1

Relatedly, I have never been able to affect any change in my text with the 'additional bolded keywords' feature

it has to be of the +<number> <keyword> format, which took me a second too

Good to know. Unfortunately, that precludes my indended usage of bolding "Setup:"

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2021, 04:54:35 pm »
+1

Relatedly, I have never been able to affect any change in my text with the 'additional bolded keywords' feature

Good to know. Unfortunately, that precludes my indended usage of bolding "Setup:"

I believe that would be inconsistent with the official cards, which do not seem to bold "Setup:" when it is used (see, e.g., Trade Route).
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2021, 01:40:48 am »

Oh!  I'd started thinking that function must be broken.  Thanks!
They/them

Shael

• Bishop
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2021, 10:37:36 am »

Howdy !
As you'll probably notice; I had fun with the generator (it's verry cool, I'll probably never create all of my card without you, for the best and the worst) and that's when I nocie somthing: I haven't made a lot of progarmation but it seem like there is probably a litle differenc between the size of the textbox in the generator and the one in the actual game. An example with Royal Seal (I let you guess witch one is fan made)

Hi, thanks. Actually, the textbox is the same size, if you resize the images.
1st is remade with the generator, second the original from the wiki (only given a border), and last is yours - I like the seal  ;D
Arguably, there are some minor differences with coloring and font thickness, but it is quite similar.

OK, thank you for your job!
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2021, 07:15:49 am »

Hey, I have an issue with the Card generator but I always forget to report it:
On the cards, where you wright a +x% (the vanilla bonus) it apear at the same size of a normal x% (so the size of a victory card).
An example with a "normal" wording of salt the earth:

you can acces to the card with the link here if you want to try it on your side.
(I work on traduction so it's normal that the text on the card isn't in english)

And, btw, the previous problem of textbox's size also seem to exsit with landscape.
I don't have some obvious example for now but I'll make a reply when I have them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:48:17 am by Shael »
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2021, 01:55:26 pm »
+1

add a space between the number and the symbol

Shael

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2021, 05:06:03 pm »

well, we say that a picture worth thousand words right ?

so, indeed it's better and thank for the tips but it's obviously still a bug...

Gardoomalion

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2021, 05:09:11 pm »

Hi.
In Russia, only the base and Intrigue were published. I want to translate all expansions.

Please tell me how to change the Russian font in the name and types? Can I make the font bold?
Is there a way to put an arrow on the traveller if I indicate the type in Russian?
Russian Page

If you need to create a base card, the image is positioned incorrectly.
Russian Silver

It is necessary to extend the picture vertically so that it is displayed correctly in the generator.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2021, 05:15:46 pm »
+3

As said before, I suggest using invisible characters to trick the generator. It's a hack, but it's working.

... you can trick the generator into thinking, that there is other text in the line by using invisible special characters like the non-breaking-space ...

Please tell me how to change the Russian font in the name and types? Can I make the font bold?

Also only two hacky solutions for now:
You can either use your browsers developer tools (F12), navigate to the style.css and there to the @font-face rule for TrajanPro. It first tries to load that from your local computer, where it says src: local("Trajan Pro Bold"). You can change that to any font name that you have installed and the next time the image is redrawn your browser should fetch that font from your local computer. Such changes are lost, when you refresh the webpage.
Alternatively, you can install any font on your computer with the name "Trajan Pro Bold", so it is used instead.

Is there a way to put an arrow on the traveller if I indicate the type in Russian?
Russian Page

Currently, there is no option to tick to have the traveller arrow, but I've added all current translations from the wiki as well as your translation. Russian should work now, too.

If you need to create a base card, the image is positioned incorrectly.
It is necessary to extend the picture vertically so that it is displayed correctly in the generator.

You've got your solution there  ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:17:28 pm by Shard of Honor »
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2021, 09:26:07 pm »

I had the same problem. I think the space assigned to the image is wider than needed. Another trick is to use F12 to change the minimum value of the zoom slider to allow smaller values
Who trashes the trashers?

Freddy10

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2021, 06:59:15 pm »
+1

well, we say that a picture worth thousand words right ?

It's fixed now  :)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2021, 02:13:24 am »
+1

Random complaint: The Potion symbol for cost doesn't mix well with the overpay +.

It's a very specific interaction of course.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Amuzet

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2021, 03:43:22 am »

Am I CRAZY?

??? Is the Name and Type text on this Times New Roman, and not the official Dominion Font?
 :o Its not happening anymore, but I exported this yesterday without noticing.
 ??? :o Its happening sometimes, do I just have to reload the generator?

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2021, 12:16:21 pm »
+2

Am I CRAZY?

??? Is the Name and Type text on this Times New Roman, and not the official Dominion Font?
 :o Its not happening anymore, but I exported this yesterday without noticing.
 ??? :o Its happening sometimes, do I just have to reload the generator?

It looks like one of the slightly different fallback-fonts, when loading the original font fails.
Normally reloading does the trick.

Random complaint: The Potion symbol for cost doesn't mix well with the overpay +.
It's a very specific interaction of course.

Never tried that corner case myself. Yeah, white text is hard to read there, but actually numbers on the potion icon always look weird.
If you really need things like multiple potion costs and overpay for them, I'd suggest you do that in the picture editing software of your choice.

tsunemi_i

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2021, 09:33:44 am »
+2

Hi. I'm very grateful for the awesome image create tool provided!

Now, for the first time in a few months, I have resumed making cards that I was considering by using this generator.
However, the font of cost or the numbers displayed on the icon are thinner than when I used it before. It seems that the fonts on the cards are loaded correctly, but only the weight of those letters is different. Repeated reloading and tried various things, but it was not going well.

For reference, I present images that can be compared. The left card image of Royal Seal was created as a example with the current generator, and the card image in the making with the pink frame on the right had been created and saved in the past.

The previous font is more similar to the original, so I would like to create using the bolder font. Is there a solution?

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2021, 06:37:46 am »

Now, for the first time in a few months, I have resumed making cards that I was considering by using this generator.
However, the font of cost or the numbers displayed on the icon are thinner than when I used it before. It seems that the fonts on the cards are loaded correctly, but only the weight of those letters is different. Repeated reloading and tried various things, but it was not going well.

The previous font is more similar to the original, so I would like to create using the bolder font. Is there a solution?
I am also having this issue with incorrect coin font on my Windows machine, regardless of browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), where I was not previously.  I have the Minion Pro font that is used officially.
I believe my Android phone loads the coin font correctly (maybe it is simply cached), but it does not load "Times New Roman" for the body text.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Freddy10

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2021, 08:59:21 am »
+2

I am also having this issue with incorrect coin font on my Windows machine, regardless of browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), where I was not previously.  I have the Minion Pro font that is used officially.
I believe my Android phone loads the coin font correctly (maybe it is simply cached), but it does not load "Times New Roman" for the body text.

The problem with the first one is that currently the generator is using Minion Pro instead of Minion Std Black. Regarding the Times New Roman problem, that font is also a proprietary font, so in android is using another Sans Serif font 

tsunemi_i

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2021, 08:50:43 am »

The problem with the first one is that currently the generator is using Minion Pro instead of Minion Std Black. Regarding the Times New Roman problem, that font is also a proprietary font, so in android is using another Sans Serif font

>> Fragasnap, Freddy10
Thanks for responses! I found that the coin font difference issue wasn't caused by the browser(bing, firefox, Chrome) that be using.
I wait quietly, hoping the generator will be fixed about it!

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2021, 04:11:33 am »

Recently, the generator has not been bolding the numbers in symbols. Here's an image with what the cost currently looks like:

And here's an image with what the cost should look like:
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

exfret

• Thief
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2022, 04:37:36 pm »

Does the card image generator start to fail to load when you have too many cards saved or something? I have around 30-40 saved I think and it's not loading for me. However, I used a different browser with no cards saved and it loaded fine.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2022, 06:38:10 pm »
+6

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2022, 01:50:07 am »
+2

Best I've been able to get so far at mimicking the Ally color.
Thank you very much! I've added the color directly to the dropdowns and also added support for the Favor keyword.
For example Plateau Shepherds do now work in the generator.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2022, 01:54:30 am »
+1

Does the card image generator start to fail to load when you have too many cards saved or something? I have around 30-40 saved I think and it's not loading for me. However, I used a different browser with no cards saved and it loaded fine.
You can try exporting your saved cards and then clearing all website data and cookies for the site.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2022, 12:38:45 pm »
+5

[...]
[...]

To tackle the ongoing font issues, I've added a feature today that allows changing the fonts used in the card.

Open the new font settings menu on the bottom left, type in the font name and the generator should prefer this font over the default font selection chain. Your font settings are remembered on your device. The entered font name has to be installed on your device locally with the exact same name.
On a computer, you can check available fonts in a text editor like Word or in the system settings. Android has system settings for fonts, too.

MrFrog

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrFrog
  • Respect: +101
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2022, 02:07:51 pm »

Does anybody have a clue how to fix the position of the coin text?
I use Firefox and the font is set to Minion Pro.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  All

Page created in 1.77 seconds with 21 queries.