Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]  All

Author Topic: RMM38: Bonkers British Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 125539 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM38: Bonkers British Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #1200 on: January 13, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »

Still, if I were to do it over I'd have made it a 20% kill, or maybe even a 10%.

I think at that point, I would've chosen the other role.
That's good, I guess.  The correct percentage is exactly whatever percentage that makes the role-choice most difficult.

Well, in general, yeah, but here we specifically gave each scum two roles to pick from, so if we'd given gkreig two OP-ish ones, then it would still have left things a bit unbalanced.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 13, 2017, 06:16:20 pm »

Thanks to mods for running the game! I've read the setup and I am admired by it. Also, you're very right that I shouldn't have been backup but try to convince.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 13, 2017, 06:17:08 pm »

For anyone who couldn't be bothered reading all of the mod QT, here's the Google Doc where Haddock and I created all the different roles and powers.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 13, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »

Still, if I were to do it over I'd have made it a 20% kill, or maybe even a 10%.

That's good, I guess.  The correct percentage is exactly whatever percentage that makes the role-choice most difficult.

Well, in general, yeah, but here we specifically gave each scum two roles to pick from, so if we'd given gkreig two OP-ish ones, then it would still have left things a bit unbalanced.
I'm saying that we should have reduced the percentage on the Xenophobia role.  The correct percentage for it to be at is whatever makes the role as close as possible to the other option.  (Making the choice of role for the player as hard as possible.)
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 13, 2017, 06:22:49 pm »

I'm saying that we should have reduced the percentage on the Xenophobia role.  The correct percentage for it to be at is whatever makes the role as close as possible to the other option.  (Making the choice of role for the player as hard as possible.)
That's assuming that the other role was balanced, which I can't remember what it was, but I think it was probably weaker than a 40% kill.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1205 on: January 13, 2017, 06:31:19 pm »

Yeah, if it was 20%, the odds of the role ending up being entirely useless would have increased significantly.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 13, 2017, 06:34:38 pm »

Thanks to mods for running the game! I've read the setup and I am admired by it.
This! Thanks you both :-)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 13, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »

As Haddock said, the assumption that gkrieg is either vig or sk finished us over. But I'm not sure whether making that assumption was actually irrational with the given info (since the prior of multiple kills by the same scum faction has been quite low). What do you think, Space?

Yeah, your prior was kind of low, but the mistake was probably in treating gkrieg too much like and IC when you could have kept that proportional bit of suspicion on him because the prior on scum being able to double-kill shouldn't have fallen to zero.

It made for some fun watching from my point of view: you and LL were quite close to being able to sort things out and get teamlyle lynched at one point, but then it slipped and gkrieg had enough leverage to swing town's voting his way because of that. I'm really pleased that it did end up looking like it could swing either way, at least for a short while! Of course, Haddock was the senior role-creation expert here, but we certainly had a lot of fun kicking ideas about between is. So sad that James Bond didn't live longer, and also that the Monty Python role never got its chance to shine/screw everything up :-P

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1208 on: January 13, 2017, 07:03:49 pm »

I've read the setup and I am admired by it.

I think you might have meant to say that you admire the setup.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 13, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »

As Haddock said, the assumption that gkrieg is either vig or sk finished us over. But I'm not sure whether making that assumption was actually irrational with the given info (since the prior of multiple kills by the same scum faction has been quite low). What do you think, Space?

Yeah, your prior was kind of low, but the mistake was probably in treating gkrieg too much like and IC when you could have kept that proportional bit of suspicion on him because the prior on scum being able to double-kill shouldn't have fallen to zero.

It made for some fun watching from my point of view: you and LL were quite close to being able to sort things out and get teamlyle lynched at one point, but then it slipped and gkrieg had enough leverage to swing town's voting his way because of that. I'm really pleased that it did end up looking like it could swing either way, at least for a short while! Of course, Haddock was the senior role-creation expert here, but we certainly had a lot of fun kicking ideas about between is. So sad that James Bond didn't live longer, and also that the Monty Python role never got its chance to shine/screw everything up :-P
Hmm, I might have dropped it too far, I agree. Though I think I would have hardly reached a point in the game where I would consider gkrieg as the likeliest scum candidate (I thought of him as SK the whole time).
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 14, 2017, 01:09:58 am »

Yay gg! I didn't really play that great but we still won :) And congrats to Lalight for calling all of us out, I was worried there for a moment  :P

MVP vote: gkrieg13
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 14, 2017, 04:50:55 am »

Wow I cannot believe that neither Awaclus nor teamlyle got lynched in the end there.

My only claim to fame here is that I only motivated town people.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 14, 2017, 04:54:45 am »

It maybe just me, but I really dislike percentage roles. All they do is make a game unnecessarily swingy.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 14, 2017, 04:55:26 am »

For anyone who couldn't be bothered reading all of the mod QT, here's the Google Doc where Haddock and I created all the different roles and powers.
I cannot access this; it says the file has been removed.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 14, 2017, 04:58:53 am »

At least I was right about gkrieg. Gg guys.
And me on teamlyle. Did anyone ever go back to the case I made on him Day 1? I didn't read everything after I died.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 14, 2017, 05:00:24 am »

I had a guilty result on gkrieg the night I was killed!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1216 on: January 14, 2017, 05:54:05 am »

And me on teamlyle. Did anyone ever go back to the case I made on him Day 1? I didn't read everything after I died.

Well, I kept pushing the case against teamlyle.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 14, 2017, 08:29:32 am »

I cannot access this; it says the file has been removed.

Ah, that would be me trying to copy-paste from something that's obscuring the middle part of a URL :-P

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUsIQLGJ3DIjh6karDnD4itsIdUWosqzhtou2ZiFIrg/edit?usp=sharing

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 14, 2017, 09:52:43 am »

It maybe just me, but I really dislike percentage roles. All they do is make a game unnecessarily swingy.
I don't disagree.  We did go into the design of this knowing it would be an insanely swingy game, though.  The "Bonkers" wasn't for nothing. 
I'm not a fan of massive swinginess in general but it was clear from the start of our design process that it would be a very swingy setup, and we were kind of OK with that.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 14, 2017, 12:58:15 pm »

Well, I kept pushing the case against teamlyle.
But you were scum!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 14, 2017, 03:24:06 pm »

Dang. Well done, scum. I feel really bad because I think we would have lynched teamlyle if I hadn't spoken up about J Reggie. I just really didn't anticipate scum having the ability to kill as a power, but I guess that's what I get for setup speculating. We may have lost anyways because of us thinking gkreig as a SK or Vig, but that's just how it goes.

Thanks for the game, SpaceAnenome and Haddock! Really fun and crazy setup

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 15, 2017, 12:50:12 am »

Wow. Read through the game and what an end! Sorry I couldn't stick it out, but thanks to Ash for filling in for the 1 EoD left before getting killed.  I find the whole thing with my gkrieg comment and Awaclus hammering me for it absolutely hilarious now that I know you were both on the scum team. I did suspect Awaclus and teamlyle before I bowed out, but I did think gkrieg was town up until the end, so I guess I did trust gkrieg in the first game I was with scum!gkrieg... go figure.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 18, 2017, 02:40:17 am »

I guess you forgot to announce the mvp :)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 25, 2017, 06:42:24 am »

A long while back, Haddock and I decided that gkrieg is MVP but I forgot to tell everyone. Oops! Well played, gkrieg — you wielded all those pointy killy scum tools beautifully :-)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 25, 2017, 09:21:04 am »

Yay!  Thanks guys!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]  All

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 20 queries.