Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 120212 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #675 on: December 10, 2016, 02:52:43 am »

Can you explain how Jake's behaviour is more likely to come from scum without a flavor name than from town without a flavor name?

Yeah, course. Town without flavor name would ask the mod if there are one and maybe he doesn't have one as a mistake (as i did when i saw i don't have one) and just said he doesn't have one and nobody have.

Can you tell me one good reason why scum wouldn't do the same thing?

If the scum is immature as a scum. That's why i was choosing between Jake, ThisGame and Dylan to ask the question, i know that you for example wouldn't be caught up. Jake looks like fast-decision person so it was a good chance to catch him on it.

Joseph, here's the answer to your question why I've chosen Jake.
Also at the end of the day I was really sure he was a PR. I thought at first he's a babysitter, but tells t on RR for not to be killed at night. Then of course I was sure he's Flavor Cop.

GKrieg's death is really surprising. I was sure faust would die which puts him on scummy side (or WIFOM of course).
Hey, everybody again looks flailing and us should turn onto lurkers here.

So far, the people who seem townie to me are Joseph, Dylan, RR.

So, i will return to Vote:Calamitas
So you spotted what I spotted and forgot to mention earlier: faust often dies N1. faust also seemed towny D1, so I expected him to die N1 too.

However, experienced players know it'll look a bit odd if faust doesn't die, and might be trying to get people to assume he's scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 10, 2016, 03:01:10 am »

So you spotted what I spotted and forgot to mention earlier: faust often dies N1. faust also seemed towny D1, so I expected him to die N1 too.

However, experienced players know it'll look a bit odd if faust doesn't die, and might be trying to get people to assume he's scum.
how much experienced players do we have left? You, RR, faust, Calamitas. Calamitas may be the one, and so, my vote is still on its place.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 10, 2016, 03:02:42 am »

how much experienced players do we have left? You, RR, faust, Calamitas. Calamitas may be the one, and so, my vote is still on its place.

FTFM

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #678 on: December 10, 2016, 03:07:24 am »

Calamitas/idptg team seems legit.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 10, 2016, 04:32:14 am »

What about IDPTG makes you think he's the other half of the scum team?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 10, 2016, 04:38:45 am »

What about IDPTG makes you think he's the other half of the scum team?

Poe, lurkiness.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 10, 2016, 04:39:39 am »

So we're back!

Man, given everything that happened, that Jake wagon will sure be hard to evaluate. I'm gonna have to reread everything soon.

I see there's already talk about how I'm scum because I'm still alive. That's great. I have other theories.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 10, 2016, 04:41:43 am »

Interestingly, all off-wagon people (except me) are players that kinda slipped below the radar. Like, Idplay, Joseph. Dylan... don't really have opinions on them. I have a feeling that there is a scum in there.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 10, 2016, 05:05:16 am »

I see there's already talk about how I'm scum because I'm still alive. That's great. I have other theories.
There often is when you survive N1. Which is why it seems like an obvious scum thing to do- don't kill you, then people might assume you're scum.

Incidentally, if you were scum, I guess Gkrieg would be the obvious kill choice, as he's the next most experienced player

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 10, 2016, 05:31:41 am »

Vote: LaLight

If you hadn't tried to scumslip Jake with stupid questions, then this wouldn't have happened. Why did you start asking him about flavor names anyway?
Getting a town player to scumslip is impressive, although the consequences were really crap.
This is just bad reasoning. LaLight did a great pro-town effort and it is obvious why he did it. The consequences can fully accounted to Jake, LaLights actions were pro-town. He isn't a precog after all.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 10, 2016, 05:47:51 am »

There often is when you survive N1. Which is why it seems like an obvious scum thing to do- don't kill you, then people might assume you're scum.

Incidentally, if you were scum, I guess Gkrieg would be the obvious kill choice, as he's the next most experienced player
I mean, I don't really want to address this unless it becomes necessary.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 10, 2016, 05:53:47 am »

Well for scum he was such an easy mislynch. The lynch was going to happen, so why not just join it?
This is weird reasoning. If the lynch is going to happen, of course scum prefers to stay off it to look more townie.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 10, 2016, 05:54:32 am »

Btw I got a weird error when trying to quote the entirety of Joseph's quote... anyone know what's up with that?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 10, 2016, 06:03:16 am »

Btw I got a weird error when trying to quote the entirety of Joseph's quote... anyone know what's up with that?
Is that the "we can't post your message as there's no text in the message" error? I got one like that a couple of days back.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 10, 2016, 06:18:48 am »

Well for scum he was such an easy mislynch. The lynch was going to happen, so why not just join it?
This is weird reasoning. If the lynch is going to happen, of course scum prefers to stay off it to look more townie.
Exactly, in this specific case staying off is actually worse than being on wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 10, 2016, 06:59:33 am »

Exactly, in this specific case staying off is actually worse than being on wagon.
Of course then some people might see through that and join the wagon. But we have lots of relatively new players here who I don't think would do this.

The question then becomes, was the Jake wagon really this inevitable? Towards the end probably, but not until that whole Babysitter nonsense.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 10, 2016, 12:58:33 pm »

Of course then some people might see through that and join the wagon. But we have lots of relatively new players here who I don't think would do this.

The question then becomes, was the Jake wagon really this inevitable? Towards the end probably, but not until that whole Babysitter nonsense.

I disagree. After he started answering LaLight's question, he was digging a deeper and deeper hole. Maybe if he could've established it as a PR slip he could survive D1, but I take his self-hammer to mean he saw his lynch as inevitable.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 10, 2016, 01:14:19 pm »

Well, I think it was pretty inevitable. The natural thing to do  as town would be just looking for the flavor name and reporting to have none (after finding none). It has nothing to do with asking/not-asking the mod. After reading reactions after the scumslip I'm going with vote: Joseph [/b. The combination of him saying that the scumslip was just a weird trick and nothing substantial and him opening the day with townreading people for staying off wagon is just scummy.:

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 10, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

Well, I think it was pretty inevitable. The natural thing to do  as town would be just looking for the flavor name and reporting to have none (after finding none). It has nothing to do with asking/not-asking the mod. After reading reactions after the scumslip I'm going with vote: Joseph . The combination of him saying that the scumslip was just a weird trick and nothing substantial and him opening the day with townreading people for staying off wagon is just scummy.
Fixed

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2016, 01:22:36 pm »

A point of clarification coming from some QT questions.  The current topic of discussion (regarding Jake's mistake) does stray somewhat close to the line of "discussing other games", as some people have noted in their QTs. As such it is slightly uncomfortable for us mods.
However, so far everyone is doing a good job of referring to it very nonspecifically.  Please keep this up and we'll have no problems. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 10, 2016, 01:30:38 pm »

A point of clarification coming from some QT questions.  The current topic of discussion (regarding Jake's mistake) does stray somewhat close to the line of "discussing other games", as some people have noted in their QTs. As such it is slightly uncomfortable for us mods.
However, so far everyone is doing a good job of referring to it very nonspecifically.  Please keep this up and we'll have no problems. 

@Does it still count as ongoing?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 10, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »

@Does it still count as ongoing?
For the sake of the overall integrity of f.ds mafia games, I am going to essentially count it as such.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 10, 2016, 02:44:56 pm »

Well, I think it was pretty inevitable. The natural thing to do  as town would be just looking for the flavor name and reporting to have none (after finding none). It has nothing to do with asking/not-asking the mod. After reading reactions after the scumslip I'm going with vote: Joseph . The combination of him saying that the scumslip was just a weird trick and nothing substantial and him opening the day with townreading people for staying off wagon is just scummy.
Fixed

I think asking the mod is what any role would do; VT would ask to make sure whereas PR and scum would ask to avoid a slip. I think it's a weird question intended to get no response or a strange one.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 10, 2016, 02:51:24 pm »

Fixed

I think asking the mod is what any role would do; VT would ask to make sure whereas PR and scum would ask to avoid a slip. I think it's a weird question intended to get no response or a strange one.
Why? The easy answer would be just "I don't have a flavor name".

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 10, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »

Fixed

Why? The easy answer would be just "I don't have a flavor name".

If you recognize it as a trick. If you take it to mean that everyone else has flavor names and you don't know yours, wouldn't you check first to avoid giving away information?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48  All

Page created in 1.439 seconds with 21 queries.