Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 120185 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: December 08, 2016, 12:08:07 am »

Ok so now for the flavor game. I'm going to give 9 flavor names and you people have to find the right one

1. Mike Lawson
2. Blip Sanders
3. Jake Gregorian
4. Julia George
5. Marissa Morgan
6. Hayes Morrison
7. Sam Spencer
8. Jack Dalton
9. Riley Davis

You have till the end of D-1
Is your flavor name actually one of these?

They're all TV characters, although there are some real people with those names, including a railroad exec.

I'll answer faust in a bit.
I was waiting too see how long that took to be called out god job IDPTG. Also calm is always lynch D-1 as town so let's try not to lynch him for just not doing much because he never does much in D-1 anyways
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 08, 2016, 12:12:14 am »

Jake, tell us your flavor name, please.

I thought there wasn't supposed to be a claim today. Why would he tell you that? Or is flavor name not the same as VT or role name?

It's not, it's flavor name.
No thanks I'm not doing that

So, looks like scumhunting is working after all. Here we have our first one for instance.

Thing is: As many of you noticed, we don't have flavour names

Jake's refusal comes from the fact that he doesn't know it and town player would ask the mod about it. "Why is it written I'm Vanilla Townie without a name"? Or even tell us "There's no flavor name that i can see in the description of my role". But no. It's a refusal from Jake. Obvious scum i suppose, tell me if not so.

Vote: Jake

P.S. faust, you were right, nore scumme thing happened, but I triggered it :-P
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 08, 2016, 12:13:28 am »

in the P.S. nore scumme is more scummy, sorry about that, got up 5 minutes ago.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 08, 2016, 12:35:38 am »

13.5 hours till deadline. I don't see how Jake can get away with that.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 08, 2016, 12:41:19 am »

Ya I'm still confused by it honestly. I mean scum also don't have flavor names presumably?  Like it would be a scum slip for anyone else, but for Jake I'm not sure yet. I'll sleep on it

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 08, 2016, 12:43:11 am »

I thought there wasn't supposed to be a claim today. Why would he tell you that? Or is flavor name not the same as VT or role name?

Dylan is kinda conf!town for this.
RR is townieish for helping me.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 08, 2016, 01:08:57 am »

Ya I'm still confused by it honestly. I mean scum also don't have flavor names presumably?  Like it would be a scum slip for anyone else, but for Jake I'm not sure yet. I'll sleep on it

There's also the part where he said he had a flavor name. I don't think town!jake would go through the effort to come up with nine names (granted, they're probably from the shows he watches).

That said, I don't feel good about another D1 Jake lynch. Not willing to vote just yet.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 08, 2016, 01:13:04 am »

You have till the end of D-1

You should not have put that there if you didn't want me to spend 5 seconds googling those names.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 08, 2016, 01:18:52 am »

Here i see ThisGame (cool, huh?) on scummy side. He agrees with my theory and do not vote because it's "another d1 Jake lynch". Hm, yeah, so? He still can be and looks like mafia with great probability.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 08, 2016, 01:22:56 am »

I'll be around for the deadline. There's plenty of time for me to see how this plays out and decide a little later. I'd rather not vote now and wake up to Jake being hammered after saying something that would sway me (if he flips town of course).

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 08, 2016, 01:32:10 am »

There's also the part where he said he had a flavor name. I don't think town!jake would go through the effort to come up with nine names (granted, they're probably from the shows he watches).

That said, I don't feel good about another D1 Jake lynch. Not willing to vote just yet.

Town!Jake might not go through the effort, but what does scum!Jake have to gain by going through it?  This is another example of Jake doing something that confuses the living daylights out of me, but I'm to the point I just don't think it is really alignment indicative.

Although, after a few more seconds of thought, it could be scum!Jake's way of diverting the conversation onto the names themselves instead of letting us actually analyze him since he seemed to count on someone recognizing the names.  On the other hand, I do start to feel bad when I continuously try to read scum into Jake's game. Honestly, I think one of my biggest hesitations about voting for Jake is that I would probably feel bad watching someone who is relatively new get mislynched D1 two games in a row if he turns out to actually be town.  If he is lynched and flips scum, then I wouldn't feel bad at all; but I know what it feels like to feel ganged up on in mafia from irl games and it sucks to feel like people are ganging up on you and are going to lynch you early every game.

His town read might have slipped a bit in my mind overall, although I could see his initial strong denial coming from the same misconception I had regarding flavor names not being the same as VT or PR, so I would rather not see Jake lynched today, but my read on him is so weak that there isn't much that would make me refuse to vote for him if there are no better options.

PPE 3

I'll be around for the deadline. There's plenty of time for me to see how this plays out and decide a little later. I'd rather not vote now and wake up to Jake being hammered after saying something that would sway me (if he flips town of course).

This basically echoes my thoughts too.  I should be around for roughly an hour before the deadline, but I'll be playing basketball from 11am server time for an hour or two, so I guess that timeframe should have some give or take to it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 08, 2016, 02:11:19 am »

It's not, it's flavor name.
No thanks I'm not doing that

So, looks like scumhunting is working after all. Here we have our first one for instance.

Thing is: As many of you noticed, we don't have flavour names

Jake's refusal comes from the fact that he doesn't know it and town player would ask the mod about it. "Why is it written I'm Vanilla Townie without a name"? Or even tell us "There's no flavor name that i can see in the description of my role". But no. It's a refusal from Jake. Obvious scum i suppose, tell me if not so.

Vote: Jake

P.S. faust, you were right, nore scumme thing happened, but I triggered it :-P

Can you explain how Jake's behaviour is more likely to come from scum without a flavor name than from town without a flavor name?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 08, 2016, 02:13:11 am »

Here i see ThisGame (cool, huh?) on scummy side. He agrees with my theory and do not vote because it's "another d1 Jake lynch". Hm, yeah, so? He still can be and looks like mafia with great probability.

It is probably a mistake to base all your reads off the same thing.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 08, 2016, 02:15:13 am »

Can you explain how Jake's behaviour is more likely to come from scum without a flavor name than from town without a flavor name?

Yeah, course. Town without flavor name would ask the mod if there are one and maybe he doesn't have one as a mistake (as i did when i saw i don't have one) and just said he doesn't have one and nobody have. Jake started flailing there and talking he won't claim. This might happen if he is scum and looked through scum QT and didn't find the name and thought the townies might have one.

PPE: 1

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 08, 2016, 02:16:14 am »

Okay, taking a possibility this is not a legit scumslip, I'm wrong of course. Though i still think it is. Why is it not? What is town in Jake's behaviour?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 08, 2016, 02:18:41 am »

Okay, taking a possibility this is not a legit scumslip, I'm wrong of course. Though i still think it is. Why is it not? What is town in Jake's behaviour?

For the same flailing reason that it's a scum slip, it could be a PR slip.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 08, 2016, 02:21:07 am »

Yeah, course. Town without flavor name would ask the mod if there are one and maybe he doesn't have one as a mistake (as i did when i saw i don't have one) and just said he doesn't have one and nobody have.

Can you tell me one good reason why scum wouldn't do the same thing?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 08, 2016, 02:23:00 am »

Yeah, course. Town without flavor name would ask the mod if there are one and maybe he doesn't have one as a mistake (as i did when i saw i don't have one) and just said he doesn't have one and nobody have.

If the scum is immature as a scum. That's why i was choosing between Jake, ThisGame and Dylan to ask the question, i know that you for example wouldn't be caught up. Jake looks like fast-decision person so it was a good chance to catch him on it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 08, 2016, 02:30:49 am »

If the scum is immature as a scum. That's why i was choosing between Jake, ThisGame and Dylan to ask the question, i know that you for example wouldn't be caught up. Jake looks like fast-decision person so it was a good chance to catch him on it.
I don't buy that you think that scum!Jake wouldn't get the idea to ask the mod, but town!Jake would. There's just no reason to think that.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 08, 2016, 02:34:17 am »

I don't buy that you think that scum!Jake wouldn't get the idea to ask the mod, but town!Jake would. There's just no reason to think that.
This
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 08, 2016, 02:34:49 am »

Calling it right here: This is a diversion tactic. The question gets asked when LaLight is under pressure and close to being lynched. LaLight asks Jake and not another newbie because he knows that Jake is most likely to do something stupid that he can paint as scummy and because he knows that Jake is an easy mislynch.

Vote: LaLight

May be L-1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 08, 2016, 02:36:22 am »

There's also the thing that town should realize how this question and this discussion could easily out PRs. Scum just doesn't care and is more likely to not consider it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 08, 2016, 02:37:15 am »

Vote Count please?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 08, 2016, 02:38:18 am »

Calling it right here: This is a diversion tactic. The question gets asked when LaLight is under pressure and close to being lynched. LaLight asks Jake and not another newbie because he knows that Jake is most likely to do something stupid that he can paint as scummy and because he knows that Jake is an easy mislynch.

Vote: LaLight

May be L-1.

Okay, that was the plan I was holding for some time.
And you are already voting me.
And that was not intended to out a PR, in what way does it out them? How?

PPE: 1

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 08, 2016, 02:40:27 am »

It can start a discussion about whether only PRs have flavor names.

I thought I had switched to Calamitas somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 20 queries.