Meta > News and Announcements

Server issues

(1/2) > >>

theory:
As you may have noticed, we seem to be having server issues today.  The forum and councilroom.com are hosted on a machine in Rob's apartment, which occasionally suffers from bad Internet. 

It's usually not a big deal, but we're thinking about moving this site onto dedicated hosting if this persists.

theory:
rrenaud believes that the cause of today's 4 hour outage was that someone was scraping councilroom.com and causing massive slowdowns.  People who ignore robots.txt are jerks!

Either that or it was popsofctown's fault.

Robz888:
Both Isotropic and the Dominion Strategy Forum were down today. Now I know what hell would be like.

I don't think I have ever clicked Refresh (while muttering 'please, come on!') so many times in a single afternoon.

Galzria:

--- Quote from: Robz888 on June 07, 2012, 04:30:29 pm ---Both Isotropic and the Dominion Strategy Forum were down today. Now I know what hell would be like.

I don't think I have ever clicked Refresh (while muttering 'please, come on!') so many times in a single afternoon.

--- End quote ---

And here I really was wondering how you were surviving without Iso, OR Mafia.

Robz888:

--- Quote from: Galzria on June 07, 2012, 04:31:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Robz888 on June 07, 2012, 04:30:29 pm ---Both Isotropic and the Dominion Strategy Forum were down today. Now I know what hell would be like.

--- End quote ---

And here I really was wondering how you were surviving without Iso, OR Mafia.

--- End quote ---

Not well! "Can't play Dominion? Okay, I'll talk about it. What? No talking about it? Okay, I'll play Mafia... nope, can't do that either. That's okay, I'll play Dominion... crap, I can't!"

I'm almost brought out all the BOXES from my basement and called a FRIEND to play REAL person Dominion. That's desperation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version