Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Game Over! Mafia Wins!)  (Read 129390 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: November 16, 2016, 05:44:24 pm »

What I found weird about Jake and LaLight is the fact that Jake hasn't talked about LaLight at all until he expressed a scumread on him.

They do interact early on (see around #126) but it's not antagonistic. I feel like my re-read isn't as successful as I wanted it to be, which makes me suspect that one of Robz and EFHW is in the scum-team, since I think they're massively more experienced than the rest of us non-ICs, and can probably engineer better interactions with a partner.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 16, 2016, 05:49:24 pm »

What I found weird about Jake and LaLight is the fact that Jake hasn't talked about LaLight at all until he expressed a scumread on him.

They do interact early on (see around #126) but it's not antagonistic. I feel like my re-read isn't as successful as I wanted it to be, which makes me suspect that one of Robz and EFHW is in the scum-team, since I think they're massively more experienced than the rest of us non-ICs, and can probably engineer better interactions with a partner.
But Jake doesn't talk about LaLight there, just with him.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 16, 2016, 05:54:14 pm »

I was waiting to see how the situation between EFHW and LL would play out and then posted my reads after they finshed
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 16, 2016, 07:09:10 pm »

Yes, I agree with you there, but I also think that how two players interact with one another is somewhat indicative, since it was the level of agreement and non-hostility between you and Mail-mi through the whole of BSG that was the main tip-off for me.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 16, 2016, 07:24:49 pm »

Yes, I agree with you there, but I also think that how two players interact with one another is somewhat indicative, since it was the level of agreement and non-hostility between you and Mail-mi through the whole of BSG that was the main tip-off for me.
Sure, I wasn't referring to a LaLight/Jake team though but was rather irritated about his sudden scumread.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 17, 2016, 08:00:35 am »

I find your voting history scummy

I find your recent jake/efhw switcharound scummy

I find your grid of calling scum teams scummy

But maybe that is just me

In my read-through, I've noted that LL has put Jake, Calamitas and EFHW at L-1 at various points in the game. And at no point was I on the Jake or EFHW wagons, meaning I could have hammered at any time. (Several others also could have, but I know I'm town, so that part matters here). So that made me kind of less suspicious of him being scum with either or them, or with Calamitas really, since there were loads of other towns there, like you or RR. Would scums bus their partner as much as that and risk losing them when there wasn't really all that much suspicion?
This is an interesting point, but doesn't rule out enough possible partners to clear him.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 17, 2016, 08:09:49 am »

I kinda understand the case on me but really? We have so much possible strong scumreads and you blame me. Don't do this, I sencerely played this game towniest than ever (no, not because I'm scum). Lynching me is a mistake. Not the hard one, but still. Next day is LyLo and we should lynch the scummiest person here. It's just Jake and EFHW are switching in my eyes. One is scummier than the other.

Also, Robz is kinda lurking (I know he's VLA now, but it's not the first day he does that). But still! We need to lych the scummiest one, not the suspicious one.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:02 am »

I would still do a Robz lynch.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 17, 2016, 08:18:07 am »

I would still do a Robz lynch.

I would vote him to hear something but he's VLA and it doesn't make much sense. When he'll be here I'd vote. How much time do we have?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 17, 2016, 08:19:04 am »

Checked. 52 hours left.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 17, 2016, 08:22:26 am »

Also, I do really hope we have some PR left. We all here are good players (yeah, I know, not very shy) and D2 shows that we can do it forever. I call everyone to participate more actively till the end of D2. We can win this with our intelligence, people.

I do hope we have some PR.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 17, 2016, 08:26:19 am »

This neverending EFHW wagon also shows she's more likely scum...

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 17, 2016, 08:29:56 am »

Let's do this:

1) SpaceAnemone, have you voted someone D2 even once? If yes, who and why? If no, why?
2) Calamitas, whose interactions seem the most scummy to you? Why?
3) Jake, who do you think may be scum apart from me and EFHW? Why?
4) Robz, what do you think about EFHW play? What about Jake?
5) EFHW, who is the most scummy? Who is the most suspicious? Who is the towniest? What do you think about Robz' play? My one?
6) E, hi! How are you?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 17, 2016, 08:31:28 am »

Let's do this:

1) SpaceAnemone, have you voted someone D2 even once? If yes, who and why? If no, why?
2) Calamitas, whose interactions seem the most scummy to you? Why?
3) Jake, who do you think may be scum apart from me and EFHW? Why?
4) Robz, what do you think about EFHW play? What about Jake?
5) EFHW, who is the most scummy? Who is the most suspicious? Who is the towniest? What do you think about Robz' play? My one?
6) E, hi! How are you?

If you don't answer, explain please, why (apart from "LaLight youre clearly scum everyone vote him")
If you have any questions for me, ask them, I'll be willing to answer any.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 17, 2016, 08:37:18 am »

Also, I do really hope we have some PR left. We all here are good players (yeah, I know, not very shy) and D2 shows that we can do it forever. I call everyone to participate more actively till the end of D2. We can win this with our intelligence, people.

I think having a PR left is unlikely, and even if we do have one, the results are really unreliable, because the only way they can exist is to have modifiers 1 or 2 also present. At best, faust could have been a random or weak tracker, but it's far more likely that if one of those modifiers occurred, we'd get the VT alternative, meaning at least 2 town players would have framed/macho/miller modifications.

I think we have to trust our reads and cases, which is why I'm agonising so much over trying to call pairings using re-reads.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 17, 2016, 08:38:21 am »

I think having a PR left is unlikely, and even if we do have one, the results are really unreliable, because the only way they can exist is to have modifiers 1 or 2 also present. At best, faust could have been a random or weak tracker, but it's far more likely that if one of those modifiers occurred, we'd get the VT alternative, meaning at least 2 town players would have framed/macho/miller modifications.

I think we have to trust our reads and cases, which is why I'm agonising so much over trying to call pairings using re-reads.

Will you be able to finish these till the deadline?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 17, 2016, 08:41:37 am »

Clearly I have not, from my detailed voting analysis I posted the other night :-)

Main reason is "analysis paralysis" -- there's too much nuanced data to take in, and I feel we ought to be able to optimise our chances of lynching scum, but I can't quite work out how.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 17, 2016, 08:47:06 am »

I'm leaning scum on Space now. They're more active and provocative when town.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 17, 2016, 08:48:26 am »

Will you be able to finish these till the deadline?

Yeah, I'll need to finish and vote by the end of tonight, I think. I'm hosting a guest for the weekend, and they're turning up pretty much as I leave work tomorrow, so my free time available for forum reading/obsessing will plummet, and I may not be able to be online for the deadline :-(

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 17, 2016, 08:53:21 am »

Provocative? I don't think I've been called that before :-P I'm town -- you're just really paranoid, which might make me feel more towny on you, except that I'm still paranoid about how much you've been pushing me this game right from the start :-(

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 17, 2016, 08:55:33 am »

Provocative? I don't think I've been called that before :-P I'm town -- you're just really paranoid, which might make me feel more towny on you, except that I'm still paranoid about how much you've been pushing me this game right from the start :-(

Looks like that thing: you see me scummy every game, I see you scummy every game too. We are inclined to scumread people we know irl :-P
Sorry for pushing. Tht's the strategy I chose to see how this will work out. (Witherweaver is my Mafia idol)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 17, 2016, 09:06:02 am »

You guys know each other irl??

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 17, 2016, 09:07:09 am »

You guys know each other irl??

Not really, though we have some Skype calls often and a big history of e-mails.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 17, 2016, 09:18:57 am »

LaLight's most recent outbreak of posts feels much townier to me. I feel like they are sincerely trying to move the game along in the right direction.

I could definitely go back to SpaceAnemone. Their lynch was very close a few times yesterday, but never quite enough votes for a lynch. Very possible partner not wanting to bus D1.

unvote for now
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 17, 2016, 09:33:41 am »

This neverending EFHW wagon also shows she's more likely scum...
I don't see how you get to this conclusion.  It's Robz, who you say is V/LA, Jake who is tunneling me, and you. If you mean that no one has hammered me yet, maybe our town players just have good sense.  Or scum do, since an early hammer would be very suspicious.

I was also surprised to see this sudden scumread on Space, who has been active and whom you called provocative just a few posts before.

In contrast, your list of questions to town is townier. I don't feel like answering the questions to me, though, since I feel like I have addressed all those things in my posts.

My townread on Calamitas is fading from lack of reinforcement, so more posting from him would be great.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49  All

Page created in 1.585 seconds with 20 queries.