Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Game Over! Mafia Wins!)  (Read 129275 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #625 on: November 12, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »

Not great. Sorry to miss deadline, guys. I completely forgot. Was an insanely busy IRL week for me.

I wouldn't have objected to the lynch choice, though.

Is there anything we learn, setup wise, now that we know faust was the Tracker? I admit I'm confused by the points system and what it means.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #626 on: November 12, 2016, 12:57:30 pm »

Dang it
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 12, 2016, 06:42:55 pm »

Is there anything we learn, setup wise, now that we know faust was the Tracker? I admit I'm confused by the points system and what it means.

Not so much. We know that with a tracker plus a IC, that's a total of 8 positive points. If there's another town PR on top of those, then we must also have some negative-point elements, otherwise the role generation would have terminated earlier.

It seems more likely than not that the Mafia have a RB rather than a goon for their second role. I could put better numbers on it if enough people are interested, but I'd have to ask gkrieg more questions about the exact generation algorithm, and sometimes people don't like it when I do maths at the setups :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2016, 06:48:55 pm »

Not so much. We know that with a tracker plus a IC, that's a total of 8 positive points. If there's another town PR on top of those, then we must also have some negative-point elements, otherwise the role generation would have terminated earlier.

It seems more likely than not that the Mafia have a RB rather than a goon for their second role. I could put better numbers on it if enough people are interested, but I'd have to ask gkrieg more questions about the exact generation algorithm, and sometimes people don't like it when I do maths at the setups :-(
First, maths is great :D
Secondly, the algorithm works like this:

1. Pick random modifier
2. If sum>=7: continue with 6
3. Pick random role
4. See 2
5. Repeat 1-5
6. Assign the roles to the different players
7. Assign the modifiers to the different players

Please correct me if I have missunderstood it gkrieg
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2016, 07:08:17 pm »

1. Pick random modifier
3. Pick random role
4. See 2
5. Repeat 1-5

See, by default, I would have assumed it started with a role, just because that was listed first. And since the algorithm for picking the list isn't given, we can't know that he doesn't randomize between the two lists (i.e. using a coin-toss) each time or something. (And since there are 7 in each list in this particular setup, that's the same as having a single list and rolling a d14 each time). The different selection algorithms should yield slightly different distributions.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: November 12, 2016, 07:08:39 pm »

1. Pick random modifier
3. Pick random role
4. See 2
5. Repeat 1-5

Correct.  Except I switched 1 and 3 this time.  I started with a role instead of starting with a modifier.

I guess one other thing to note is that roles and modifiers are only assigned to town players.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2016, 07:16:39 pm »

1. Pick random modifier
3. Pick random role
4. See 2
5. Repeat 1-5

Correct.  Except I switched 1 and 3 this time.  I started with a role instead of starting with a modifier.

I guess one other thing to note is that roles and modifiers are only assigned to town players.

So assuming you have fewer modifiers than town players, you just spread those n modifiers randomly across n/7 players? And same with roles, independently?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2016, 07:19:00 pm »

1. Pick random modifier
3. Pick random role
4. See 2
5. Repeat 1-5

So assuming you have fewer modifiers than town players, you just spread those n modifiers randomly across n/7 players? And same with roles, independently?
Exactly

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 12, 2016, 07:51:51 pm »

1. Pick random modifier
3. Pick random role
4. See 2
5. Repeat 1-5

Players without modifiers will get them before players with modifiers get a second modifier, same with roles.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 12, 2016, 07:55:16 pm »

vote: Robz for the question about PRs. Why not look for yourself?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2016, 08:00:11 pm »

By which I mean it reads as someone who doesn't feel part of town. Also may be fishing a bit.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 12, 2016, 08:05:33 pm »

What do you think about a massclaim?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 12, 2016, 08:07:41 pm »

I think that EFHW or robz is scum because theirs definitely a vetran scum
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 12, 2016, 09:11:34 pm »

not sure there's much point. We don't really want scum to know what powers town still has, if any. Anyone with a useful result could claim if they think it's a good time to do that

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 13, 2016, 06:33:12 am »

not sure there's much point. We don't really want scum to know what powers town still has, if any. Anyone with a useful result could claim if they think it's a good time to do that
Scum knows them already.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 13, 2016, 06:36:35 am »

Scum knows them already.

How?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 13, 2016, 06:41:03 am »

My guess is EFHW/Calamitas or EFHW/Robz with a slight preference to the latter.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 13, 2016, 07:53:43 am »

My guess is EFHW/Calamitas or EFHW/Robz with a slight preference to the latter
why me? I'm with you on the partners.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 13, 2016, 07:55:00 am »

Scum knows them already.

How?

It says in read text at the end of the setup-post that scum knows what roles are in the game, but not what modifiers there are.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 13, 2016, 07:59:02 am »

Scum knows them already.

How?

It says in read text at the end of the setup-post that scum knows what roles are in the game, but not what modifiers there are.
No one knows what modifiers there are, they aren't even revealed after flip.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 13, 2016, 08:07:45 am »

I forgot about scum knowing the roles. No need to tell them who the roles are attached to, though.

Calamitas, what do you expect to gain from a mass claim?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2016, 08:14:25 am »

I forgot about scum knowing the roles. No need to tell them who the roles are attached to, though.

First and foremost it reduces scums flexibility. Secondly, we might gain valuable insights in regard to the setup.
And the disadvantage of informing scum about our pr holders isn't that bad if you consider that we are one misslynch away from LyLo and the fact that we have an IC.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2016, 11:20:00 am »

Sorry, guests in town this weekend, not a ton of time.

Not a fan of the RR lynch, but I feel like after my initial kick off lynching RR in a bunch of games I have turned into an RR apologist.

That being said, still need to reread and evaluate the last few pages because I haven't really read the lynch sequence yet. I will get that done and give comments when I can
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:38 pm »

First and foremost it reduces scums flexibility. Secondly, we might gain valuable insights in regard to the setup.
And the disadvantage of informing scum about our pr holders isn't that bad if you consider that we are one misslynch away from LyLo and the fact that we have an IC.
I think that we shouldn't mass claim
Baseball For Life

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2016, 02:44:36 pm »

vote: Robz for the question about PRs. Why not look for yourself?

Um, I mean, I did, but it's confusing and I don't fully understand how it works, honestly.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.444 seconds with 20 queries.