Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Game Over! Mafia Wins!)  (Read 127468 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2016, 11:22:15 am »

Maybe you can also contribute to the game with actual reads and opinions rather than theoretical ponderings?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2016, 11:54:42 am »

Maybe you can also contribute to the game with actual reads and opinions rather than theoretical ponderings?
I don't have real reads here. The only thing I can do right now is stating my opinion on various specific subjects as I did throughout the game.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2016, 12:26:20 pm »

Sorry about not being active but I still think SA is scum but I thought clamitas was town but his responses have not been very satisfactory so now not sure
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2016, 12:28:25 pm »

Had a all day event which is why
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2016, 12:54:16 pm »

Makin' reads known :-)

LaLight -- Grumpier than usual? Though I love his UniverseAnemone thing, and I'm totally using that as a sig once this game is over :-) Null for now.
RoadRunner -- Sparking off Jake rather too much. I'm slightly suspicious of how he's saying 4 days is a long time, when gameplay in here is practically nonexistent. Nullish-to-mild-scum.
faust -- Seems to be posting lots of game-driving stuff, actually.. more than I'd noticed till I did a specific re-read. Feeling townie for the moment.
JakeTheBaseballGod22 -- Noisy. Faust said the care-free attitude would be hard for him to fake as scum, but I'm not so sure. Would be happy to lynch if it comes down to that.
Calamitas -- Suspiciously quiet. Really sucks at pronouns. Would consider voting for him as things stand.
Robz888 -- Scary old vet, but doesn't seem scum-scary so far. Wouldn't vote.
EFHW -- Much the same as Robz, though I'm also enjoying her stringing-along of faust, so not interesting in lynching for now, in spite of the fact I appear to be RVSing her still...
SpaceAnemone -- Spaaaaaaace!
e -- Looking a bit green :-)
gkrieg -- Scummy as always!

Vote: Calamitas

Back in the old days, I always found these things scummy, because they are so easy to do, and it *looks* like you did this work evaluating everyone, when really all you said was "X is sort of scummy, sort of townie, might lynch, blah," which we could basically say for anyone. Like, these are not exactly revelatory.

Summaries are scummaries, I use to say.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2016, 12:58:01 pm »

Sorry about not being active but I still think SA is scum but I thought clamitas was town but his responses have not been very satisfactory so now not sure

No one says you're inactive
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2016, 12:59:44 pm »

LaLight -- Grumpier than usual? Though I love his UniverseAnemone thing, and I'm totally using that as a sig once this game is over :-) Null for now.
RoadRunner -- Sparking off Jake rather too much. I'm slightly suspicious of how he's saying 4 days is a long time, when gameplay in here is practically nonexistent. Nullish-to-mild-scum.
faust -- Seems to be posting lots of game-driving stuff, actually.. more than I'd noticed till I did a specific re-read. Feeling townie for the moment.
JakeTheBaseballGod22 -- Noisy. Faust said the care-free attitude would be hard for him to fake as scum, but I'm not so sure. Would be happy to lynch if it comes down to that.
Calamitas -- Suspiciously quiet. Really sucks at pronouns. Would consider voting for him as things stand.
EFHW -- Much the same as Robz, though I'm also enjoying her stringing-along of faust, so not interesting in lynching for now, in spite of the fact I appear to be RVSing her still...

Back in the old days, I always found these things scummy, because they are so easy to do, and it *looks* like you did this work evaluating everyone, when really all you said was "X is sort of scummy, sort of townie, might lynch, blah," which we could basically say for anyone. Like, these are not exactly revelatory.

And this is where I don't agree. Summaries are nice, no one thinks the person made a big job, thous it sums up every player so it is easier to me myself to look at this summary and make some assumptions. Also this is kinda SA's meta - to make big lists :)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 06, 2016, 01:01:53 pm »

SA is doing that in every game and it is driving the game forwards. If anything, townpoints for SA for that. But it is probably just pro-town and alignment unindicative.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 06, 2016, 01:03:59 pm »

Coming to think of it I feel like there's no scum at all (except Jake) which can mean the only thing: scum is one of the vets (Faust, Robz, EFHW). Frim this list the most suspicious is Faust I think.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2016, 01:05:23 pm »

And this is where I don't agree. Summaries are nice, no one thinks the person made a big job, thous it sums up every player so it is easier to me myself to look at this summary and make some assumptions. Also this is kinda SA's meta - to make big lists :)

I would rather have a player point out a single person as scummy and have some good reasons to back it up. Or, a good reason to acquit a specific person for the rest of the day. Vague impressions, especially early on, I find unhelpful.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2016, 01:06:33 pm »

Coming to think of it I feel like there's no scum at all (except Jake) which can mean the only thing: scum is one of the vets (Faust, Robz, EFHW). Frim this list the most suspicious is Faust I think.

Why does everyone think Jake is scummy? Jake is so *not* scummy. Scum don't behave this brazenly.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2016, 01:09:09 pm »

As for the vet-scum theory, that's plausible... but I think I suspect EFHW a little more than faust. My (possibly erroneous recollection) is that scum!faust was quieter than this.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2016, 01:09:31 pm »

Why does everyone think Jake is scummy? Jake is so *not* scummy. Scum don't behave this brazenly.

Okay, the little case on Jake: he knows all the alignments so he can't frankly accuse someone. So then he picks the person who has a little scumminess and a little case (SA had a case from me on that point) and starts tunneling them for no reason. and then everything Jake says is SA is scum and much fluff, nothing else really.

PPE:1

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2016, 01:10:39 pm »

As for the vet-scum theory, that's plausible... but I think I suspect EFHW a little more than faust. My (possibly erroneous recollection) is that scum!faust was quieter than this.

Do you suspect yourself? :)
I've never seen EFHW as scum, even in the old games I read. But as I can see in her signatue, every time she was a scum she won and had MVP. hmmm.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2016, 01:20:51 pm »

As much as I advocate against thinking like this, even I can't deny that people closer to my age player very, very differently. I think I've managed to tone that down somewhat, but I think you can't use conventional wisdom when trying to read me or, I assume, Jake.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2016, 01:30:39 pm »

Okay, the little case on Jake: he knows all the alignments so he can't frankly accuse someone. So then he picks the person who has a little scumminess and a little case (SA had a case from me on that point) and starts tunneling them for no reason. and then everything Jake says is SA is scum and much fluff, nothing else really.

But that's kind of stupid scum play. Scum don't play stupid.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2016, 01:36:09 pm »

Not stupid but newb.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 06, 2016, 01:36:56 pm »

Not stupid but newb.

But he's not a true newb.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2016, 01:37:43 pm »

Yes he is

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 06, 2016, 01:39:11 pm »

Yes he is

This is not his first game, I mean.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 06, 2016, 01:41:51 pm »

Yes he is

This is not his first game, I mean.
Technically, it's not.
But think about what happened

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 06, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »

Man I just love my life being debated over
Baseball For Life

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2016, 02:05:50 pm »

Alright, well this isn't getting us anywhere and we can't discuss ongoing games.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 06, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »

Or, maybe, just maybe, scum just lurks. This has become such a paradigm across this site and it's so stupid because all it does is pick off the prime nightkill targets and let scum dominate LyLo because everyone who actually does stuff is gone.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2016, 03:07:26 pm »

Or, maybe, just maybe, scum just lurks. This has become such a paradigm across this site and it's so stupid because all it does is pick off the prime nightkill targets and let scum dominate LyLo because everyone who actually does stuff is gone.

Correct me if I'm wrong: you mean scum kills the most active players and then just dominates LyLo because all the active players are gone and those who left don't give a shit about the game? But it's so terrible :(

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.