Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Game Over! Mafia Wins!)  (Read 129193 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M88: Covert Affairs Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »

Coming to think of it I feel like there's no scum at all (except Jake) which can mean the only thing: scum is one of the vets (Faust, Robz, EFHW). Frim this list the most suspicious is Faust I think.

Or, maybe, just maybe, scum just lurks. This has become such a paradigm across this site and it's so stupid because all it does is pick off the prime nightkill targets and let scum dominate LyLo because everyone who actually does stuff is gone.

Correct me if I'm wrong: you mean scum kills the most active players and then just dominates LyLo because all the active players are gone and those who left don't give a shit about the game? But it's so terrible :(

Well it's what happened in lots of games lately. It's better to punish inactivity early.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2016, 03:53:59 pm »

Coming to think of it I feel like there's no scum at all (except Jake) which can mean the only thing: scum is one of the vets (Faust, Robz, EFHW). Frim this list the most suspicious is Faust I think.

Or, maybe, just maybe, scum just lurks. This has become such a paradigm across this site and it's so stupid because all it does is pick off the prime nightkill targets and let scum dominate LyLo because everyone who actually does stuff is gone.

Correct me if I'm wrong: you mean scum kills the most active players and then just dominates LyLo because all the active players are gone and those who left don't give a shit about the game? But it's so terrible :(

Well it's what happened in lots of games lately. It's better to punish inactivity early.

well, I'm disappointed.

vote: Calamitas
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

I did some "background reading", and am more aware of Jake's play as scum.  Still really don't like the SA tunnel, though.

I don't want to lynch Calamitas just for lurking.  He can be a good contributor when he has something to say.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2016, 05:19:19 pm »

So, our two L-1 wagons:

Jake (4): Robz, Roadrunner, Calamitas, LaLight

Calamitas (4): Robz, SpaceAnemone, faust, LaLight.

Jake was over his somewhat poor case on SpaceAnemone and some frivolous play. Calamitas is because of lurking.

EFHW and Jake are the only two completely off both wagons,  and I could see an argument that one of them could be scum.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2016, 05:23:03 pm »

So, our two L-1 wagons:

Jake was over his somewhat poor case on SpaceAnemone and some frivolous play. Calamitas is because of lurking.

EFHW and Jake are the only two completely off both wagons,  and I could see an argument that one of them could be scum.
I'm not following this. Especially since Jake wasn't at L-1 for long and I am currently voting for him.
I also notice that Robz and Lalight are both on both wagons. What what can we take from that, either?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2016, 05:33:20 pm »

I still don't get what the case is on me? Can anyone explain
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2016, 05:33:29 pm »

So, our two L-1 wagons:

I'm not following this. Especially since Jake wasn't at L-1 for long and I am currently voting for him.
I also notice that Robz and Lalight are both on both wagons. What what can we take from that, either?

I think Robz being first on both wagons is interesting. Almost as if he is driving them. LaLight being last on both wagons seems a bit too opportunistic to me. Possibly scum, but I could see this as sheep!town LaLight. I don't know, haven't played with LaLight.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2016, 05:34:23 pm »

I am actually fairly interested in faust right now as a lynch candidate. Going back to reread him now

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2016, 05:42:02 pm »

You pushed an insane case on SA and acted flip-floppy there (not voting even though you had a strong scum read). Additionally, your careless attitude might be forced.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2016, 05:48:55 pm »

You pushed an insane case on SA and acted flip-floppy there (not voting even though you had a strong scum read). Additionally, your careless attitude might be forced.
1. I didn't know that you had to vote for who you thought was scum
2. I've never flipped or flopped on SA
3. Why you no love my attitude
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2016, 05:53:57 pm »

Also why are you targeting me I've done nothing to you and it looks to me that your case is crap one and two it also looks to me that your desperate to not get lynched so your targeting the other wagon. Just saying you look more and more like scum calm
Baseball For Life

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2016, 06:08:17 pm »

Also why are you targeting me I've done nothing to you and it looks to me that your case is crap one and two it also looks to me that your desperate to not get lynched so your targeting the other wagon. Just saying you look more and more like scum calm

It's not targeting, it's just a method of trying to catch scum. For every one case I build against scum I have built 10 against town. Not saying that I think you are town, and actually the quoted post feels more scum than town to me

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »

You wanted an explanation, I gave an explanation. Why freak out like that?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 06, 2016, 06:12:15 pm »

Jake seems awfully twitchy...
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 06, 2016, 06:20:33 pm »

I'm always twitchy one and two how's is breaking your oppositions/or mistaken friend case against you scummy?
Baseball For Life

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »

So, our two L-1 wagons:

I think Robz being first on both wagons is interesting. Almost as if he is driving them. LaLight being last on both wagons seems a bit too opportunistic to me. Possibly scum, but I could see this as sheep!town LaLight. I don't know, haven't played with LaLight.

Just so we're being absolutely clear, my vote on Jake was 100% RVS. And I don't think I really said much in favor of lynching Calamitas, other than calling him out for lurking (a bit unfairly, as he pointed out, since I was also lurking).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2016, 06:28:46 pm »

That said, I guess it isn't surprising that people would sheep me. Sorry if I inadvertently created the Jake wagon, which I think is a very bad wagon indeed.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2016, 06:30:05 pm »

Calamitas is no longer lurking, but still reading scummy to me: fighting with Jake and coming off looking good is like a very easy thing one can do for town points (no offense, Jake).

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2016, 06:31:31 pm »

So robz: who do you think is more likely to sheep you? Town or scum?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2016, 06:32:17 pm »

Especially early on that Jake wagon. Calamitas going 3rd? LaLight picking up the L-1 both times?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2016, 06:33:12 pm »

I would rather have a player point out a single person as scummy and have some good reasons to back it up. Or, a good reason to acquit a specific person for the rest of the day. Vague impressions, especially early on, I find unhelpful.

Huh, okay. I figure vague impressions are the basis for less RVSy voting, and are useful later on for hunting for partner tells and things.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »

Especially early on that Jake wagon. Calamitas going 3rd? LaLight picking up the L-1 both times?

God I didn't recognise it was L-1 twice. Unvote

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »

Also that was no sheeping either time. That was my opinion.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

So robz: who do you think is more likely to sheep you? Town or scum?

Ehhhhhhhhh town? I mean, it's gotta be kind of wagon specific. If scum sheeped my RVS vote on town!Jake hoping to get him quick lynched.... I mean, that would be unbelievably bad play. (Assuming Jake is town.)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 06, 2016, 06:37:49 pm »

I mean, I guess it's kinda eager townie. It doesn't scream scum to me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.267 seconds with 19 queries.