Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 143671 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day 6
« Reply #1200 on: November 15, 2016, 01:26:14 pm »

Well, there' setup stuff in there so I am lost as all hell.
I would urge you to read the setup. These are facts and are more concrete than individual reads.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day 6
« Reply #1201 on: November 15, 2016, 01:37:23 pm »

an experienced player (namely ss) to deduce who is acting like a PR.

Even at the top of my game, I am god-awful at detecting PR slips. You will not find a single game on this forum or in the two championship games where I have successfully NK'd a PR based on a PR-read. I am pretty sure that I have mentioned this a couple of times, too. Definitely mentioned it in the m/chat of the second championship game. Unfortunately we used skype so I can't link to it.

Not that your narrative wouldn't be convoluted anyway.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 15, 2016, 01:39:30 pm »

an experienced player (namely ss) to deduce who is acting like a PR.

Even at the top of my game, I am god-awful at detecting PR slips. You will not find a single game on this forum or in the two championship games where I have successfully NK'd a PR based on a PR-read. I am pretty sure that I have mentioned this a couple of times, too. Definitely mentioned it in the m/chat of the second championship game. Unfortunately we used skype so I can't link to it.

Not that your narrative wouldn't be convoluted anyway.

It's not hard to NK the PRs when you have a Flavor Cop teeing them up for you. That's not convoluted at all.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 15, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »

Well first of all he does Pretty much nothing for the whole game

I also did pretty much nothing in the past 2 games that finished and was town in both, mister. And you probably noticed that I stopped signing up for the first time since I started playing. (I've played every non-Bastard non-Blitz with the only exception of one game yuma modded where he randomly reduced the number of slots while I was still planing to sign up.)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 15, 2016, 01:40:32 pm »

It's not hard to NK the PRs when you have a Flavor Cop teeing them up for you. That's not convoluted at all.

Not J Reggie's point. He argued that the targeting of PRs implies me being on the team because I'm good at finding PR's. Which I am not whatsoever.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 15, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »

Well, there' setup stuff in there so I am lost as all hell.
I would urge you to read the setup. These are facts and are more concrete than individual reads.

Did you see the part where I tried reading the setup? I'm a huge failure at this. Always have been. I have never read the setup FTW but have numerous time lost due to talking about or trying to interpret a setup. I only bothered this game because I had IC status.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 15, 2016, 01:42:17 pm »

Not J Reggie's point. He argued that the targeting of PRs implies me being on the team because I'm good at finding PR's. Which I am not whatsoever.

That's interesting, I consider myself pretty decent at detecting PRs. I thought you were clearly one from D2 on.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 15, 2016, 01:43:06 pm »

So, we know that Robz was a Watcher. The only way he would know for certain that Jake was scum was if he had watched Space-A and saw that Jake kill them. Now, Mafia cannot kill and use a power in the same night. Jake is clearly the team's most beefed up player. Therefore, to rationalize having Jake commit the kill the other two Mafia members must have a role good enough to use N1. Psychotrooper is awesome, yet predictable N1. If schadd was a Goon, it would make sense that they would have him kill someone. But they don't, implying that he has a PR to use. If he does (aka the Flavor Cop) it would mean that there is a Roleblocker which would mean that silverspawn is Town.

Flavor cop implies Roleblocker? :o

Shame on me for not knowing that. In that case why are we even having this conversation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 15, 2016, 01:46:12 pm »

completely forgot about the powers scum gets as a compensation ...

@PPS: This one is simple. There is only a Roleblocker in this setup when there's also a Flavor Cop. PRs dying left and right shows that there is a Flavor cop, so there is a Roleblocker, which is me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 15, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »

@PPS: This one is simple. There is only a Roleblocker in this setup when there's also a Flavor Cop. PRs dying left and right shows that there is a Flavor cop, so there is a Roleblocker, which is me.

I'm feeling weirdly misunderstood. This is the only thing I have grasped about the setup. Like, this is exactly what I've been saying.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 15, 2016, 02:09:12 pm »

I'm feeling weirdly misunderstood. This is the only thing I have grasped about the setup. Like, this is exactly what I've been saying.
It's not just that. That is minor. The bigger point is that Jake would have done the kill only if scum has a Flavor Cop.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 15, 2016, 02:10:02 pm »

So, we do agree J Reggie is the bad guy?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 15, 2016, 02:14:19 pm »

So, we do agree J Reggie is the bad guy?
Yeah, I think that's the most likely scenario.

Vote: J Reggie

Congrats if you're scum, SS.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 15, 2016, 02:16:35 pm »

Damn, you took the hammer :(

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 15, 2016, 02:17:39 pm »

If we won then I'm firmly committed to never reading a setup again because I clearly don't need to (nor should I).

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: November 15, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »

Damn, you took the hammer :(
Nope, he's at L-1. It's all you, man.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 15, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »

:)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 15, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »

Vote: J Reggie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 15, 2016, 02:24:48 pm »

great. I'm town.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 15, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »

Thank goodness.

That would have been one sweet scumplay though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 15, 2016, 02:25:41 pm »

great. I'm town.

Good, we can still be friends!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:33 pm »

I totally want to win as scum like this and letting you have that sort of glee at my expense was too much to think of, lol.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 15, 2016, 02:28:00 pm »

So, Archetype saw more scum in silver's play but deduced town through the setup.
I read scum loud and clear on J Reggie in his play and saw a PR in silver (alignment uncertain).

Setups are my kryptonite for certain.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 15, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »

If we won then I'm firmly committed to never reading a setup again because I clearly don't need to (nor should I).
Nah man. The exact opposite. Setup Spec. > Reads.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 15, 2016, 02:31:04 pm »

I'm anxious to see the night actions because SS RB'd schadd yet they consistently nicked a town PR.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52  All

Page created in 1.858 seconds with 20 queries.