Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 143995 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day 6
« Reply #1175 on: November 15, 2016, 12:53:22 am »

I know you are town now because I proved it, not because of reads.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day 6
« Reply #1176 on: November 15, 2016, 12:58:46 am »

How is that a fabrication? There's no arguing that you've been lurky, whatever the reason.

Now we're just lying? You have been arguing that I am scummy for being lurky.

I just hate how lurker!scum has been winning games recently. Let's not let this happen here.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1177 on: November 15, 2016, 09:51:00 am »

Ok now I see what you mean. Yeah, I wasn't saying that you were necessarily scummy for lurking, I was saying that lurker scum does better than non-lurker scum (hence you outliving your buddies).

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1178 on: November 15, 2016, 09:52:49 am »

Like, scum does better recently by lurking, and that's frustrating.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 15, 2016, 10:12:20 am »

Well, I have made my decision but I still want to hear from Archetype. I'd like for him to weigh in and us compare notes. Hopefully we are in agreement and he lets me have the hammer.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:06 am »

do you want to hammer scum?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 15, 2016, 10:26:49 am »

That's a silly question. Of course, I prefer to win. But the condition created here is one where I have to settle for seeking consensus with the one other person I can completely trust. At that point we will have made a decision based on the best information we have. As in life, that is the best I can do and having done my best and still found failure is no failure at all. I think the worst I could do now is act on my decision without consulting with Arch (and it has occurred to me for sure).

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1182 on: November 15, 2016, 10:34:32 am »

Well if either of you have any questions for me, let me know.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 15, 2016, 10:34:38 am »

I read both of you and the choice is pretty clear to me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 15, 2016, 10:36:11 am »

I think the choice would be lots clearer had we lynched JR yesterday instead. I'd like to hear silver explain why he preferred RR over JR.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: November 15, 2016, 10:49:00 am »

That's a silly question. Of course, I prefer to win. But the condition created here is one where I have to settle for seeking consensus with the one other person I can completely trust. At that point we will have made a decision based on the best information we have. As in life, that is the best I can do and having done my best and still found failure is no failure at all. I think the worst I could do now is act on my decision without consulting with Arch (and it has occurred to me for sure).

I'm pretty sure Arch will realize I'm town, so you two will have to settle it out. You have all the time in the world, I can RB J Reggie into infinity.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:40 am »

I think the choice would be lots clearer had we lynched JR yesterday instead. I'd like to hear silver explain why he preferred RR over JR.

I was only waiting for either one to say that he has trouble motivating himself for the game. Given how crazy titled this game has been in town's favor (although not quite as much as I'd thought since we apparently don't have a doctor ... ), that's much more likely to come from scum.

Then RR did and I voted for him and he flipped town.

Oh, but it would have been way better for scum!me to lynch J Reggie than to lynch RR, because RR was voicing his opinion on how towny I was. He'd have a harder time staying alive in a 1 on 1.

Really man, the fact base is quite tilted right now. This is not that difficult of a LyLo. You don't want to get it wrong. Forget your conclusion, in particular forget your "I Roleblocked you to get a townread from you" narrative because that's bongus, and re-asses the evidence.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day6
« Reply #1187 on: November 15, 2016, 10:56:23 am »

"Ha! Was that your bullet-riddled body, flying out of the room? It was- aww, those were the crap turrets, weren't they? Yeah... Well, no matter. Because I'm STILL holding all the cards, and guess what: they're allll Full Houses! I've never played cards. Meaning to learn. Anyway, new turrets. Not defective. Ace of fours. The best hand. Unbeatable, I imagine." - Wheatley

Vote Count 6.1

J Reggie (1): silverspawn
silverspawn (1): J Reggie

Not Voting (2): PPS, Archetype

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Day 6 ends at 7:30 PM FT on Monday, November 21st.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 15, 2016, 11:27:12 am »

Super busy this week, but I'll get to this in a few days. I'm leaning J Reggie being scum just because it doesn't make sense for Mafia PRs otherwise. I'm going to reread a bit for partner interactions and suggest PPS does the same.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 15, 2016, 11:44:31 am »

^ yeah, do that.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 15, 2016, 11:49:50 am »

Super busy this week, but I'll get to this in a few days. I'm leaning J Reggie being scum just because it doesn't make sense for Mafia PRs otherwise. I'm going to reread a bit for partner interactions and suggest PPS does the same.

Yeah, no, I already did that. I'm near positive that J Reggie is the scum based on his interactions with the other scum and the vote trail. If silverspawn proves to be the scum and we lose it will be because J Reggie played very poorly as town.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 15, 2016, 11:52:20 am »

If we had lynched JR yesterday I'd have zero doubts that silverspawn was the scum, however. This is why I am suspect and wanted silver's explanation. JR is the perfect frame up but I do feel it is more likely he is the final scum. If silverspawn proves to be scum he deserves the win despite me suspecting very much that he has played us so well.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1192 on: November 15, 2016, 12:04:13 pm »

Aw come on guys, don't lose this game.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1193 on: November 15, 2016, 12:09:13 pm »

I thought it'd be pretty obvious that ss is lying.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 15, 2016, 12:16:57 pm »

I thought it'd be pretty obvious that ss is lying.
Why?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1195 on: November 15, 2016, 12:37:46 pm »

Well first of all he does Pretty much nothing for the whole game, then once he's the only scum left he comes up with stone fake claim that he hopes is going to get him home free. To do so, he confirms the person no one was going to lynch anyway as town. Like really, why would you scumread PPS here?

I was also looking to see if we could disprove the existence of a roleblocker by inferring what scum PRs there were. Roleblocker is correlated to flavor cop. I think what arch was getting at was that scum have to have a flavor cop because they've hit PRs 100 percent of the time. Here's the problem with that:

Schadd flipped as the anger core, meaning he would have been the flavor cop. They get at most 3 flavor cop shots, probably fewer because they want to use their other PRs. And flavor cop is going to hit vts some of the time. More likely that scum has an experienced player (namely ss) to deduce who is acting like a PR. A newbie scum team of me, schadd, and Jake is never gonna be able to do that kind of thing.  Read my previous scum cuties; I'm awful at picking the right NK targets.

Man, I'm surprised you guys are even considering that I'm scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1196 on: November 15, 2016, 12:39:28 pm »

Oh, and I just realized ss is claiming to have rb'd schadd at some point. That means flavor cop!schadd would have had a max of 2 shots. That's, like, outing one PR maybe.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 15, 2016, 12:55:57 pm »

Ugh. I quickly reread both of you. Content wise, silver spawn is much scummier than J Reggie. Like, there is almost nothing there besides his claim. J Reggie does some scummy stuff and isn't super active, but more so than silverspawn. My hold up is that there is almost certainly a Roleblocker in the game. Not because scum has been hitting PRs (though that supports the idea), but because of how Jake got caught. Here's the theory:

So here's our scum team:

Cop Enabling 1-shot Psychotrooper [J Reggie or Silverspawn]
Goon OR Flavor Cop [schadd]
1-shot Ninja 2-shot Rolestopper [Jake]

So, we know that Robz was a Watcher. The only way he would know for certain that Jake was scum was if he had watched Space-A and saw that Jake kill them. Now, Mafia cannot kill and use a power in the same night. Jake is clearly the team's most beefed up player. Therefore, to rationalize having Jake commit the kill the other two Mafia members must have a role good enough to use N1. Psychotrooper is awesome, yet predictable N1. If schadd was a Goon, it would make sense that they would have him kill someone. But they don't, implying that he has a PR to use. If he does (aka the Flavor Cop) it would mean that there is a Roleblocker which would mean that silverspawn is Town.

The only other rational explanation is an irrational one. That is, Jake really wanting to be a killer or schadd being a virtual pacifist or something.

What are your (J Reggie and PPS) opinions on this and what conclusions do you draw from it?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 15, 2016, 01:09:07 pm »

Well, there' setup stuff in there so I am lost as all hell.

I do strongly concur with J Reggie's argument against SS. that SS was doing mostly nothing all game is indicative of him being a PR but I'm not sure of which alignment. J Reggie played a great scum game as far as votes and positions against town and interaction in general. I have been operating on the assumption that schadd correctly targeted a PR every night since they never NK'd the IC but always hit a PR and always drove the mislynches onto VTs. That SS claims to have blocked schadd kinda gums that idea up, I think.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 15, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »

Well, there' setup stuff in there so I am lost as all hell.

I do strongly concur with J Reggie's argument against SS. that SS was doing mostly nothing all game is indicative of him being a PR but I'm not sure of which alignment. J Reggie played a great scum game as far as votes and positions against town and interaction in general. I have been operating on the assumption that schadd correctly targeted a PR every night since they never NK'd the IC but always hit a PR and always drove the mislynches onto VTs. That SS claims to have blocked schadd kinda gums that idea up, I think.

The first and second sentences are separate thoughts. The first sentence is the notion that the situation SS is in is where scum finds themselves and not town. We are being asked to believe that town!SS the roleblocker (one of the biggest threats to the scum game plan) evaded detection and death through the whole game while simultaneously blocking the one guy who was doing the dirty work for scum and then creating the worst possible IC at the end game.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52  All

Page created in 1.622 seconds with 20 queries.