Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52  All

Author Topic: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative: Game Over!  (Read 142936 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day 6
« Reply #1250 on: November 15, 2016, 04:57:47 pm »

Also, Batman should have been in the game, maybe an SK.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M87: The Aperture Science Robot Humanization Initiative (Portal Mafia): Day 6
« Reply #1251 on: November 15, 2016, 04:58:51 pm »

Haddock gets my vote.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 15, 2016, 04:59:06 pm »

Haddock gets my vote.

(Not that it's a vote.)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2016, 05:03:52 pm »

robz is a good one; as much as i fuffed about it in the speccy just now, that call was pretty much indecipherable. haddock is also good, but he tunneled me a bit too obviously (especially when ss read a lot of the same stuff in a different light, which incidentally made me call him as a PR as well).

as for my own platform, as much as i would like to be mvp while losing, the PRs kinda called themselves (literally, in the case of lalight)
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »

And my win percentage flies back up to 33% after back to back victories!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2016, 05:05:24 pm »

Fun game! Thanks for introducing me to the flavor, mail-mi. I have definitely been watching a lot of Portal on Youtube.

So, I watched Jake on Night 1, and saw Haddock target him. When this did not kill Jake, and when Haddock seemed pretty confident Jake was scum, I deduced that Haddock was the cop. I then took over the effort to get Jake lynched, which I'm happy to report seemed to convince you that I was the cop rather than Haddock. Yay!
That's genius!

Yeah, I'd say Haddock for MVP as well.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 15, 2016, 05:07:57 pm »

oh also, as i said in the spec, my first hammer was on scum, lmao
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 15, 2016, 05:12:55 pm »

It's true, Haddock did catch 2/3 scum with 3 guilty results. Alright, Haddock is MVP! schadd gets the MVSP: most valuable scum player.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 15, 2016, 05:14:37 pm »

weeew!

congrats. the two mvps killed each other

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 15, 2016, 05:21:08 pm »

Well played guys ! My record stands :D
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: November 15, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »

Seeing the result of this game also gives me ideas of improvements that could be made to the setup.

Giving scum a 1-shot Strongman with the Roleblocker instead of a Flavor Cop probably wouldn't be too bad. Role Cops in general aren't THAT powerful - and they are basically useless once everyone has claimed. Plus, this will help provide a failsafe in situations where scum like this was. Also, rather than giving the Cop "No Result" once the Cop Enabler dies, it could be more interesting to make it so the Cop receives the opposite results instead.

Rolestopper is also ridiculously powerful, but so is Watcher so idk.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 15, 2016, 05:55:01 pm »

So guys.

This has been really fun. I will not be joining any more mafia games for the foreseeable future, because I'm leaving on my 2-year LDS mission and will have absolutely 0 access to the forums. Who knows what will happen in two years when I'm back. But it's been a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to play with all y'all.

See you guys later, maybe

-- mail-mi.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 15, 2016, 05:57:20 pm »

So guys.

This has been really fun. I will not be joining any more mafia games for the foreseeable future, because I'm leaving on my 2-year LDS mission and will have absolutely 0 access to the forums. Who knows what will happen in two years when I'm back. But it's been a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to play with all y'all.

-- mail-mi.
:'(
You will be greatly missed! I've always enjoyed playing your games -- do good work out there! :)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 15, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.
Woah. So this is just it?

Where are you headed?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 15, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.

Glad to have caught you again before you left. Good luck in everything you do!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 15, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.

Where are you headed?

This is just it.

Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Thanks for the sentiments guys! I'll probably keep checking the forums until I leave but I won't be joining in any more games.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 15, 2016, 06:03:22 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.

Good luck! Thank you for everything you have done for me and if you remember, our interacions started from Deal or No Deal and after that I got engaged into every forum game here. Thanks again, you will be missed!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 15, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »

Bye, Mail-mi! We'll miss you. Hope you'll be back.

Man, it seems like a lot of people are leaving the forums these days...
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 15, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »

Ah mail-mi good luck!
We'll be miss-ion you! (Too much?)

Thanks for the mvp. I though catching 2/3 scum I might be in for a shot, but my play with respect to schadd was a bit obvious I guess.

I was all set to be pissed at silver for pushing against me so hard, which essentially made me out myself, but really it's just an unfortunate case of semi-conflicting pr results.

Great game all round, well played!

Got my eye on you, schadd.

I had a slight unfair advantage Re.  Reads on schadd knowing he was scum in worms, and his play was very similar. But then when worms ended everyone was on a level.

Love the setup, love the flavour, love it all.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 15, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »

I had thought*
Not "I though"
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 15, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.

Where are you headed?

This is just it.

Thanks for the sentiments guys! I'll probably keep checking the forums until I leave but I won't be joining in any more games.
Okay, I don't really want to be that guy, but I sort of assumed you'd be out of contact because you'd be in a Somalian village or something. Are there rules permitting electronic devices or something similar?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 15, 2016, 06:58:18 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.

Where are you headed?

This is just it.

Okay, I don't really want to be that guy, but I sort of assumed you'd be out of contact because you'd be in a Somalian village or something. Are there rules permitting electronic devices or something similar?

I will have a tablet, but there are strict regulations as to what websites I can visit.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 15, 2016, 07:08:42 pm »

So guys.

-- mail-mi.

Where are you headed?

This is just it.

I will have a tablet, but there are strict regulations as to what websites I can visit.
I don't want to sound mean or get int too much RSP but...why? Do Mormons believe god cares?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 15, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »

Thanks for the game. I live close to Charlotte but if you can't visit f.ds you probably can't be found associating with a terrible person like me.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 15, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

Thanks for the game. I live close to Charlotte but if you can't visit f.ds you probably can't be found associating with a terrible person like me.

If you live anywhere in the western half of NC then I may just be able to see/teach you.  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.