Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 108292 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)
« Reply #1125 on: November 10, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »

Woo!

That was fun.

It didn't feel massively balanced on our end, but faust is right - it's an inherently swingy setup and I think we just got the luck of the draw.

I really appreciate the mvp - my first one!  Hard game for anyone to really shine, so it didn't really take much I guess!  Still. Going in my sig! :D
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 10, 2016, 05:52:12 pm »

Space definitely gets townvp in my book. They had the right idea - I think town would have done much better if they'd coordinated more.  Bad idea in most setups, but good in this one.

Hope Ghacob is ok.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 10, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

Hi! I'm alive!

I was having a rough... while. No more big forum games for me for some time.

faust and Haddock, thank you so much for covering for me so quickly.
Gender happened.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 10, 2016, 06:34:24 pm »

Hi! I'm alive!

I was having a rough... while. No more big forum games for me for some time.

faust and Haddock, thank you so much for covering for me so quickly.
No problem.

Hoping you're feeling better/ will do soon.

Glad you're, yknow, alive and shit.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 10, 2016, 06:59:14 pm »

Quote from: QTfaust

Thinking about MVPs is just wondering who fucked up the least.
wholeheartedly agree

I tried so hard, so am sad not to have done better :-(

You were the opponent I was scum-reading by far the least, though!
You were probably town's MVP if I had to decide that.

Yay :-) I'm a happier Space now :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 10, 2016, 08:43:54 pm »

Maybe this will be an end to overly complicated and scum biased setups for a while?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 11, 2016, 03:42:05 am »

hey guys!

It was cool to co-mod this game! I don't think I'd do better if I played actually. But i'd participate in the next one if it will occur!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 11, 2016, 04:28:08 am »

Maybe this will be an end to overly complicated and scum biased setups for a while?

Hm, what other setups have been scum biased recently?

I get you on overly complicated. That's why we have RMM and M, I think.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 11, 2016, 04:31:04 am »

Mh, why did my laser sight not detect anyone?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 11, 2016, 04:31:46 am »

Ah because I am last. derp.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 11, 2016, 05:12:38 am »

As usual I played piss poorly as Mafia.

Ironically this time everyone else also played poorly enough that I still get to call this a win.

Looking back there is so much that we could have done better as a team, and of course the same can be said of Town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 11, 2016, 05:13:23 am »

Mh, why did my laser sight not detect anyone?

You were bus-driven with SA, so you prodded yourself
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 11, 2016, 07:13:13 am »

I don't think this was particularly scum-biased as a setup. But every game is scum-biased if town plays awfully.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 11, 2016, 09:10:02 am »

I don't think that is fair to town. Scum had overwhelming firepower and knew exactly who to hit. Town could not have coordinated because they didn't know who to target, and with so many scum any decision could easily be manipulated.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 11, 2016, 09:37:07 am »

I don't think that is fair to town. Scum had overwhelming firepower and knew exactly who to hit. Town could not have coordinated because they didn't know who to target, and with so many scum any decision could easily be manipulated.

Yes, I felt that way too, though I guess the main reason that town wasn't able to cooperate was down to our own individual weaknesses as players. My issue seems to be that I'm almost always scumread when I'm trying to be sincere and pro-town. I don't know what e was doing, but he was actively hostile to all my attempts to root out the scumteam and get some town collaboration going. Mail-mi and JR seemed willing, if suspicious, though. Silver's absence hurt us because he should have been a player who'd have backed up a logical plan.

I mean, I guess the gkrieg lynch at the outset was bad all round, but in a setup like this, I think we have to assume it's going to open with a mislynch. If the game runs again, the penalty for inaction needs to kick in earlier, like at 24 hours, because way too much play was stalled by members of both sides just not turning up and engaging. I also think that 3 scums and 9 towns would be more balanced, given the power of being able to share weapons and coordinate their effects, plus the faction half-kill. I almost always placed near the end of the turn order here, and I never held any weapons that could do any direct targeted damage at all, so my nights were mostly useless.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: November 11, 2016, 10:12:14 am »

Even if everyone had been on board, how would we have decided who to target at night?  No one would know who to trust, and in any mafia game I've played where people have tried to coordinate, inevitably enough people do their own thing that the plans don't work out. Town was probably checked out because there was so little we could do. N1 in particular, our weapons were worse than useless since we had little idea who was scum, and then by Day 2 already 3 of us were dead. This was a rout.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 11, 2016, 10:20:54 am »

When town tried to lynch chairs, they didn't have enough town players and RR and Haddock were able to stall and get a no lynch.  iirc, there were 9 players and 4 scum, so all 5 town would have had to have the correct scumread on chairs to get a lynch. That's unreasonable to expect.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 11, 2016, 10:24:23 am »

When town tried to lynch chairs, they didn't have enough town players and RR and Haddock were able to stall and get a no lynch.  iirc, there were 9 players and 4 scum, so all 5 town would have had to have the correct scumread on chairs to get a lynch. That's unreasonable to expect.
Funny story.  I actually genuinely screwed up and miscalculated my timezone. 

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 11, 2016, 10:32:26 am »

On a different note, I really enjoyed this game. I was way off on a couple reads, and always knew it was going to be tough for town to win, but maybe I am just crazy and enjoy fighting the losing battle.

I am disappointed that SpaceAnemone and I never quite rounded the corner to figure out we were both town and to work together to find scum. By N4 I was convinced they were town, but it was way too late by then. My terrible read on chairs was the driving force behind using kamikaze, and I should have targeted haddock, who had been a scum read for me the entire game. I let myself get distracted by town v town disagreements about the game.

But all that to say, I really did enjoy the game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 11, 2016, 10:33:05 am »

I had an incriminating result on you but I was killed before I could report it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 11, 2016, 10:40:04 am »

Even if everyone had been on board, how would we have decided who to target at night?  No one would know who to trust, and in any mafia game I've played where people have tried to coordinate, inevitably enough people do their own thing that the plans don't work out. Town was probably checked out because there was so little we could do. N1 in particular, our weapons were worse than useless since we had little idea who was scum, and then by Day 2 already 3 of us were dead. This was a rout.

I don't think there was anything you could have done, because you died too quickly, and were identified by scum as someone who they needed out of the way -- did you notice in the scum QT how much they wanted to kill you even after you were already dead?

My plan to get town coordinating was to try to figure out who scum was early, and possibly catch them out with lies after N1, since I was sure most of them wouldn't have thought the setup through enough, or realise how much information could be verifiable after the fact, at least between groups or worms who could trust each other. If the game runs again, scum will be more wise to that, sadly. After that, we'd have had to play cleverly in isolation at night, but players going early in the turn order could have forked damage onto multiple scums, while those later in the turn order could have supplied the damage. Though of course as someone late in the turn order who couldn't ever do any direct damage, I would have been generally a bit useless there :-P I was trying to provide the ideas and get things moving, but my debating/motivational skill is rather lacking compared to my skill in data analysis... luckily the latter is more closely related to what I do for a day job :-P

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 11, 2016, 10:42:33 am »

I was kicking myself because I had actually typed a post where I actually pointed out that the clocks were going back, but somehow I didn't post it... I think I was worried that the more posts I made, the less anyone would listen to my key arguments over the background babble.

You and I had discussed the clocks going back not that long ago on FB, too -- I remember in particular saying that we'd be forum+4 rather than forum+5 for a week till the US clocks changed :-P

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 11, 2016, 10:43:17 am »

I agree with most of the townies. Scum being a huge team and being able to coordinate their weapons when they know all of their turn order and also being able to coordinate bids assures that the team as a whole is very likely to go before town, which makes many of the weapons useless.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 11, 2016, 12:50:05 pm »

May I politely direct all our former worms towards RMM38: Bonkers British Mafia now?

It's very British, and not very much like worms, so you'll all enjoy the change. Maybe after a nice round of tea and crumpets?

In fairness, I shall point out that LaLight's M89: Best Dominion Card Mafia is also awaiting sign-ups, and sounds rather spiffing too.

Pip pip!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]  All

Page created in 1.45 seconds with 20 queries.