Archive > Dominion World Masters

Official Dominion Tournament at U-Con, Nov. 12 2016, Ypsilanti, MI, 1pm - 11pm

(1/3) > >>

Elestan:
It's that time again!  Join us for the largest in-person gathering of F.DS players in the world!  Compete against all the handles you've gotten to know here, using real cards!

This tournament is sanctioned by Rio Grande, and will be a qualifier for the World Masters, if there is one in 2017.  All players receive promotional cards!

The competition will feature custom-designed kingdoms drawn from all of the Dominion sets and expansions, and will emphasize strategy and high-level play. 

Tournament seating is limited, so pre-register for the event here; just click on the 'Add' button and proceed through the checkout process.  You'll need a tournament ticket ($10), and a convention badge ($20 for Saturday, or $25 for the whole convention).

If you can, I'd encourage everyone to pick out other games to play in and attend the whole convention, which runs from Nov 11-13, all day (and late into the night Friday and Saturday).  For out of town visitors, discounted hotel rooms are available for only $92/night.

I hope to see you there!

Roadrunner7671:
Yesssssss

shark_bait:
Ahhh, the good yearly tradition comes with a story about last year.

Last year it conveniently worked out that my wife was gone for a conference in North Carolina the exact weekend of U-con.  That meant all day for Dominion without missing any time otherwise spent together.  :)

Well last year we had a weather anomaly with a massive snow storm in early November.  For me, this was no big deal as I've been a Michigander my whole life.  The thing is, the tournament went so late into the night leaving my cell phone more and more battery depleted.  My wife didn't know that.  She is trying to get up with me around midnight and I am not responding because 1.) I'm having a great time at the tournament (even though I didn't make the finals) and 2.) My phone is dead.

As a result, my wife thought that I might be in an overturned car on the highway between Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor.  :/

So this year I have one rule for attending U-con...... I'm bringing a phone charger.

Kirian:
Go!  Fight!  Win!

AHoppy:
I really want to go again, but committed to something else the same weekend :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version