Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Most complex first game possible  (Read 9628 times)

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Most complex first game possible
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 02:50:46 pm »
+1

King's Court / Possession / Villa / Band of Misfits / Outpost / Mission / Donate

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2016, 02:59:10 pm »

Have a Kingdom with no Actions, then Obelisk as the Landmark

If Obelisk is the Landmark, i demand the chosen pile to be Ruins.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +410
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 01:09:32 am »
+3

But the ruins will not be included unless there is a looter in the kingdom, and as far as I know there are no treasure-looters.

Tl;dr: Black market, Page, Peasant, Young Witch, Tournament, Gladiator/fortune (bane), Bishop, Hermit, Urchin, Marauder, Possession; Events: Inheritance, any other crazy event, preferably using debt, vp chips, or Adventures tokens; Landmarks: Mountain pass, Orchard

Also, a while ago I discovered how to maximize the number of different piles of cards in a kingdom:
Black Market, Page, Peasant, Young Witch, Tournament, Marauder, Urchin, Hermit, some prosperity card to use platinum/colony, and a potion cost to include potions, then two more random kingdom cards, that might be the bane, but most of the previously mentioned cards also work. Plus any events/landmarks. For some real rules fun, choose a split pile for the bane (probably gladiator/fortune, just for the debt), or throw in crown. Make sure to use shelters, the potion cost should be possession, and make sure the prosperity card hands out vp chips, solely for the posession confusion. Maybe bishop, because it cares about costs and will leave new players wondering how to count debt and potions.and because most of these are inheritable, add inheritance, which has extra special confusion if you inherit the bane card. No room here for villa, but that's fine, you could replace crown with it I suppose, which has even more fun if they inherit a villa...But back to the original kingdom, the second event should have either debt, vp chips, or adventures tokens. For landmarks, use orchard due to the sheer number of differing cards here, and Mountain pass to confuse them with the betting mechanic.
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 01:47:39 am »
+2

But the ruins will not be included unless there is a looter in the kingdom, and as far as I know there are no treasure-looters.

Tl;dr: Black market, Page, Peasant, Young Witch, Tournament, Gladiator/fortune (bane), Bishop, Hermit, Urchin, Marauder, Possession; Events: Inheritance, any other crazy event, preferably using debt, vp chips, or Adventures tokens; Landmarks: Mountain pass, Orchard

Also, a while ago I discovered how to maximize the number of different piles of cards in a kingdom:
Black Market, Page, Peasant, Young Witch, Tournament, Marauder, Urchin, Hermit, some prosperity card to use platinum/colony, and a potion cost to include potions, then two more random kingdom cards, that might be the bane, but most of the previously mentioned cards also work. Plus any events/landmarks. For some real rules fun, choose a split pile for the bane (probably gladiator/fortune, just for the debt), or throw in crown. Make sure to use shelters, the potion cost should be possession, and make sure the prosperity card hands out vp chips, solely for the posession confusion. Maybe bishop, because it cares about costs and will leave new players wondering how to count debt and potions.and because most of these are inheritable, add inheritance, which has extra special confusion if you inherit the bane card. No room here for villa, but that's fine, you could replace crown with it I suppose, which has even more fun if they inherit a villa...But back to the original kingdom, the second event should have either debt, vp chips, or adventures tokens. For landmarks, use orchard due to the sheer number of differing cards here, and Mountain pass to confuse them with the betting mechanic.

Your avatar is so truthful
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 05:09:02 pm »

Your avatar is so truthful

Why thank you ;D
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »

The Looter is in the Black Market deck, duh.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 05:33:30 pm »
+2

Except there is no black market deck, because there is no black market, because black market is an action, and actions aren't in the kingdom

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 05:58:15 pm »

Except there is no black market deck, because there is no black market, because black market is an action, and actions aren't in the kingdom

I see where you come from, but when I suggested to have Ruins being the chosen pile, I was not talking about wero's suggestion to have an actionless kingdom, but instead about how to apply Obelisk instead of that.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 09:45:16 pm »

I see where you come from, but when I suggested to have Ruins being the chosen pile, I was not talking about wero's suggestion to have an actionless kingdom, but instead about how to apply Obelisk instead of that.
Oh...that would make a really interesting kingdom in general...is it still worth going for looters in that case? I would think yes, as long as they end up with enough ruins to offset the vp boost, but I'm not sure.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »

Knights works as well.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 03:03:25 am »

You can always take Crown into actionless kingdom for Obelisk
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 07:20:47 am »

You can always take Crown into actionless kingdom for Obelisk
But then it isn't actionless anymore because it has crown, which is an action.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.43 seconds with 21 queries.