Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109482 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2016, 11:33:47 am »

Is there anything to be gained in claiming the order we played in last night?

Sure, why not. I was 7.

Also, I realized I could have ended the game last night.

yeah?  Explain please. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 23, 2016, 11:35:58 am »

Also, people better show up today.  We can't do another last second, scum-driven lynch.  Lynching gkrieg was absolutely crazy.  I wasn't around to stop it and that is as much my fault as anyone, because I forgot to double check when day ended.

But still.

That was awful
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 23, 2016, 11:37:54 am »

uh, orderclaiming ends up softclaiming utility crate i think. do we want that?
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #403 on: October 23, 2016, 11:44:14 am »

Oh that's true.

And I have two abilities that could have caused me to die, this giving scum the majority.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 23, 2016, 11:54:24 am »

It makes it more likely to be in the higher numbers, but it doesn't guarantee anyone. Does anyone even have an idea what the utilities might do?

We're already at lylo, as JR pointed out, so I think we need to do some serious hunting.

Now, of the three weapons I could pick between last night, none was actually a thing that could inflict damage on a person I targeted. I infer that it's likely that quite a few of the other weapons out there also don't actively damage people, especially with the scum faction weapon only half-killing on its own.. I think scum coordination is necessary to push a kill through, and I think we're going to need day-time town coordination to foil it or puzzle it out.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2016, 12:00:35 pm »

I love all this theory talk from scum

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 23, 2016, 12:02:22 pm »

I think we need to look at SA/Schadd/silver.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 23, 2016, 12:02:37 pm »

I'm here. And discouraged. But I don't think a mislynch here is the straight up end of the world, I think our weapons could save us
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 23, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »

I love all this theory talk from scum

Back at post #139, you were townreading me for speculation in much the same vein.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 23, 2016, 12:28:22 pm »

So the wagon was scum driven, but you [e] suspect Ghacob for being off wagon?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »

So the wagon was scum driven, but you [e] suspect Ghacob for being off wagon?

scum driven in the sense that I know at least 3 scum were on the wagon.  How often do you see all scum on the same wagon D1?  I mean, I know it happens, but still.

That and my suspicions from D1 give me enough to go back after Ghacob

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #411 on: October 23, 2016, 03:18:31 pm »

But actually.  Look at the wagon on mail-mi

Confirmed town: EFHW, Dylan32
Town Reads: RR, silverspawn
I know I am town

And schadd for good measure.  I kind of like the look of this when you color it scum/town:

Corrected:

silverspawn (1): chairs
schadd (2): gkrieg13, mail-mi
gkrieg13 (1): J Reggie
mail-mi (6): EFHW, Roadrunner7671, schadd, Dylan32, e, silverspawn
chairs (2): Ghacob, SpaceAnemone

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 23, 2016, 03:21:32 pm »

The setup also says "each player starts with 100 health," So due to my inexperience here in RMM games, I don't know if a blanket statement like that precludes the possibility of a tank role starting with more or not. That would be up to more experienced players to evaluate.

no, but

Each player has a special ability that is connected to the setup. These abilities are distributed independent of alignment.

Quoted from the setup.  If ability assignments are truly independent of alignment, then there is no reason to think tank was any less likely to be scum than any other role.

yes.

With that, mail-mi's town cred flies out the window.

I'm not sure I like him better than gkrieg, though. But I definitely want to lynch one of the two.

Also, I hadn't read this because I missed it in the middle of reading the gkrieg lynch.  I could go back to mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 23, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »

Also, I don't want to mass-claim, but I don't have a problem with people claiming they believe to be pertinent for the day.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 23, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »

I'm reading new!town into Dylan here. I remember the exact same thought process during one of my first games here (I know I'm town, and scum knows I'm town...)

I'm reading new!town into Dylan here. I remember the exact same thought process during one of my first games here (I know I'm town, and scum knows I'm town...)

How can you guys be reading Dylan as anything right now?

Because of the reason I just provided. Wait, frick. The situation is in fact the exact opposite as I described.

I had assumed that the following quote was in the same context of one of my earlier games (with e in this position at that.. multiple times?), but it was in fact the exact opposite

I sort of feel like I should change my vote since e was the first person to defend me, but I'm still not sure who I would change it to.  Reggie would be the easy choice but I don't want my first vote to be OMGUS already haha

I processed this as Dylan becoming suspicious of e after e defended him, which I had done (once or twice, the first, if it had happened, e was town, but the second, which did, e was scum) early in my forum mafia career as a tendency to overread situations. I, assuming Dylan had done the same, sympathized and voiced the presumed shared experience, putting him closer to town.
However, instead the exact opposite occured. Dylan was voting e, (until?) he defended Dylan. Dylan is less suspicious of e now.

Now uncertain, will return with thoughts. A good old null!read on e. You followed your "town meta" precisely, but you do that regardless I think.

I think this introductory contribution by Ghacob comes across scummy in light of Dylan's flip

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 23, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »

For the last post, PPE: 1 :P

Who's in this game again? *A very slow and arduous process involving navigating to the first page in a new tab later*

Unless specified, "slight town" reads are being self doubted and will be refined at a later date. My current self worry with that whole deal is that I sometimes have a tendancy to think "ah yes, the town seems to be in consensus that this one is town, therefore they probably are" when that can often leads to bad times. That said:

1. Roadrunner7671: Null
2. SpaceAnemone: Slight town
3. gkrieg13: Good at game. Slight town leaning, but not confident enough in my own ability to recognize
4. J Reggie: Slight town
5. silverspawn: Slight scum. Questioning if by "consensus effect." Gut.
6. chairs: Slight scum. Gut.
8. 2.71828.....:Good at game. Null.
9. mail-mi: Null
10. Dylan32: Slight town
11. schadd: Null
12. EFHW: Null

Reads pretty weak overall right now. Can probably be strengthen by a reread that isn't at 2 AM. mail-mi, I'm not a he

Then look at this reads list with our confirmed town highlighted in green.  After getting upset about what Ghacob feels to be votes for inactivity, they post several times and end up here.  silverspawn and chairs (two of my town reads) as scum, and a healthy mix of null/town between actual town and actual scum.

This list reads scum to me.  Plus the first thing I posted about.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #416 on: October 23, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »

I think e is probably town. Mail-mi is my current scumread.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 23, 2016, 04:49:53 pm »

anyone else with a comment?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 23, 2016, 04:50:14 pm »

I would like mail-mi to claim what action he took last night (if any)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 23, 2016, 04:52:03 pm »

I have a comment. I think it might be beneficial for us to know what types of weapons are out there. Since they were called 'weapons,' I assumed all they did was damage. But I no longer think that's true.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 23, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »

I have a comment. I think it might be beneficial for us to know what types of weapons are out there. Since they were called 'weapons,' I assumed all they did was damage. But I no longer think that's true.

why not?  two people died last night.  That seems to be a lot of damage being thrown around

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 23, 2016, 05:00:18 pm »

why not?  two people died last night.  That seems to be a lot of damage being thrown around
Because of a weapon I have

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 23, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »

I did take one. And it's also why I think at least one, maybe two, of ss/Schadd/SA are scum: I did 30 damage to each of them. And they weren't of the two people that died. So I think it's reasonable to lynch among them because they probably didn't take any other damage, making it more likely that they're scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 23, 2016, 05:19:47 pm »

I did take one. And it's also why I think at least one, maybe two, of ss/Schadd/SA are scum: I did 30 damage to each of them. And they weren't of the two people that died. So I think it's reasonable to lynch among them because they probably didn't take any other damage, making it more likely that they're scum.

what was that weapon called?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 23, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »

what was that weapon called?

Air strike. And it ended my turn so I couldn't do anything else.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 20 queries.