Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Game Over!)  (Read 75230 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2016, 01:41:54 pm »

I'm on a train, so apologies for lack of useful quoting and stuff!

I've been re-reading the game, and I still think JR is iffy. The vote-jumping happened well into D1, not just in RVS, and while the FH might have looked nice for catching scum, he revealed a PR, which is really bad for us.

I feel like we might want to keep all three of the oldie people around right now because we can't trust any given one alone. We'll gain actual PR evidence soon, and we'll benefit from having them around to help make best use of it. Ash, I'd feel better if you were to say more things to balance the other two out, or at least to let us know you endorse what they're saying rather than keeping everything to yourself :-)

I agree that either RR or Zigaton could be using quiet to hide scummy natures, but I'd rather go for JR still :-( I do get that it's more useful to vote for someone who might get lynched more easily in time, but JR is way more suspicious than RR, and I guess RR would be my next choice given the D1 pass business. Is nobody else feeling this?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2016, 01:55:04 pm »

McGarnacle would have claimed anyway, so better earlier rather than later, so that we have more time to react. That McG turned out to be a PR is irrelevant when considering the "towniness" of J Reggie's fake hammer, because he could not know he had a PR.

And the fact remains that fake-hammering town is nearly 100% a pro-town move. If a bit of a low blow, especially on a newbie. Vote jumping is simply not scummy enough to counteract the fake hammer. Maybe if he survives all the way to the last day we will take a look into it again, but I just don't see him being a good D1 lynch, at all. Pretty sure ash and PPS agree with my assessment here.

I, hum, don't really expect we will be getting PR evidence, so I wouldn't count on that. Might happen, but it's unlikely.

What do you mean with the "D1 pass business"?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2016, 03:55:36 pm »

I've had both kids all weekend so I will be able to reread and post tomorrow. I'm following along today but can't get enough coherent free time to do much else.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2016, 04:09:06 pm »

RR is the scummiest today, and seems to not have made any town lists.  I'd point out that I don't see scum buddying partners in a game like this, so that's something.

I invite you all to join the wagon on RR.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2016, 04:23:48 pm »

What do you mean with the "D1 pass business"?

Oops.. I think the train ate my earlier response! Home again now, though :-) I was just meaning that if I'm willing to move to RR or Zigaton, then I'd go for RR first because Zigaton is super-new.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2016, 06:13:46 pm »

Paco makes a good case. Not totally convinced, but we have to lynch someone.

vote:PPS
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2016, 11:23:50 pm »

I will barely be available tomorrow until very close to the deadline... Please lynch someone, or at least get them to L-1, before then...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2016, 11:24:58 pm »

Consider my vote to be on any of PPS, RR or Lalight. Might vote for someone else if that is what it takes, but I hope it doesn't get to that.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:32 am »

Hey! I'm sorry i was absent, there were some tough weekends.

I'd lynch either PPS or RR. I've told my reasons about PPS. RR is super-lurky. His play is so very different from all the other games. Now I'm on PPS though.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Zigaton

• Kill all Patapons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 26, 2016, 02:11:49 am »

I don't understand how it happened. But why do you lynching RR?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 26, 2016, 07:40:40 am »

I don't understand how it happened. But why do you lynching RR?

Not saying anything is a really good way for scum to hide. Also, Ash pointed out that one of the relatively few posts RR was scummy a while back (post #290). Now he's asserting he's the scummiest person out there, presumably because he's been so lurky here, and yet usually if he's town he's more obviously helpful (he's been in the other games I've played too).

Getting a bit meta, Ash really doesn't seem to say much of anything at all here -- he's mostly acting and voting without a lot of commentary, unlike the other two oldies -- but the other two seem to respect him and not read that as suspicious, which gives me a bit more confidence in what he's saying. That's one reason I don't want to lose the super-experienced players too quickly, because second-hand meta-reading seems to be something we might be able to pull off to help us :-)

Vote: RR

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2016, 07:45:02 am »

Tl;dr: RR is busy and Ashersky is always right.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 26, 2016, 07:45:37 am »

– While he had not yet ordered his thoughts, Slampp RZJ had the distinct feeling that something important was about to happen soon . . . –

Vote Count 1.8

pingpongsam (2): pacovf, LaLight
LaLight (1): pingpongsam
McGarnacle (1): Roadrunner7671
Zigaton (1): McGarnacle
Roadrunner7671 (3): ashersky, J Reggie, SpaceAnemone

Not Voting (1): Zigaton

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 26, 22:00 forum time. That is in 14h 16m.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:53 am »

Guys, time is running out. Though I don't want to lynch RR. He was really busy.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 26, 2016, 08:17:01 am »

I think SS missed my vote.

vote: PPS

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 26, 2016, 08:20:44 am »

Vote Count 1.9

pingpongsam (3): pacovf, LaLight, McGarnacle

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 26, 22:00 forum time. That is in 13h 40m.

Votes require a whitespace after the colon to be counted.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 26, 2016, 08:22:00 am »

Vote Count 1.9

pingpongsam (3): pacovf, LaLight, McGarnacle

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 26, 22:00 forum time. That is in 13h 40m.

Votes require a whitespace after the colon to be counted.

Oh, okay. Good to know!

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2016, 08:44:21 am »

Guys, time is running out. Though I don't want to lynch RR. He was really busy.

Yeah, but being busy doesn't decrease the a priori chance that he's scum, but it does increase his ability to hide from us by claiming he just doesn't have time to say more incriminating things. If he is town, he's playing very differently to how he usually is, and he's not actually helping us win anyway :-(

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:46 am »

I actually read town on RR but if it's between me and him I am definitely willing to vote him. It looks like it definitely won't be LaLight today which disappoints me; I feel he is the most obvious choice for today but clearly no one else is feeling it.

I'm going to reread the whole day and choose to move my vote elsewhere. I should be available to the end of Day so no worries about that. I think the main thing we want to avoid today is forcing a claim out of our remaining PR.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2016, 09:21:38 am »

Well, right off the bat I see I'm mixing up RR and JR. No, RR is a top scum read for me. There is early partnering behavior between him and LaLight. Feeling much better about the way this is shaping up already. Still a whole bunch of reread to do but for now Unvote.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:15 am »

I reread the whole day and it seems less happened than I thought did. I swear RR/LaLight are the scum team. There's entirely too much collaboration for there not to be a link. RR is obviously coaching at some points. LaLight is clearly taking direction right along with making sure to vote me.

Big town read on Paco (despite him leading the charge on me). He's playing entirely too forthright to be scum. If he's scum he is super good at it. I mean, I think he's also being super good at town.

Ash... ... he's been quite cryptic this game. I'm not reading scum but I'm not feeling real good about his refusals to respond to questions directed at him. At any rate, I think scum!ash would be more interested in answering questions to control the narrative.

J Reggie looks town as hell. Not sure why anyone has voted him at all except maybe for the fake hammer thing which was clearly town play to me.

SA and Ziggy are both cryptic to me in wholly different ways. SA is participatory and lucid and being a newbie with this much material posted I think scum!SA would have shown their hand somewhere and I haven't seen it. Ziggy, well, there's the language thing which I think is cutting both ways. He is entirely too cryptic for me to read one way or the other. Big fat null on him. If he is scum he certainly isn't controlling the game.

McGooGooGaJube is clearly dead town walking.

I intend to post soem response to Paco's analysis on me but feel very confident with Vote: RR which is L-1

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 26, 2016, 10:48:37 am »

You pressured me?

Yes, I feel i was instrumental in your early wagon. At the very least this is what I was referring to.

Both RR and you feel a bit off from your usual playstyle. Of course once you point that out it becomes a huge meta ball, but still. I prefer you slightly over RR because you are a bit scarier,
RR feels off because he is scum and he's not terribly good at it. RR is obvtown when he's town. Me, i don't realyl have a usual play style. if anything, I'd say I am far easier top spot as scum than as town. As town I feel safer playing loose and attracting attention because if I go down there's good interaction around me to analyze. I think we've only played one game together before and I seem to recall being scum that game? If that is the case then me seeming off would because I'm not scum now.

because trying to defuse the fake hammer doesn't look good (especially when you say it's ok because it created interactions or whatever),
The fake hammer thing was going to get some one in hot water regardless. What I mewan is there was no probability of snaring scum but 10-0% probability someone was going to get a  wagon on them just for looking at it. At the time I was simply trying to understand the purpose behind it to determine if JR was scum for doing it. I'm not entirely sure I've seen a fake hammer in any of my games before so i was processing the import of it in real time. Had I know what they represent prior tot hat point I would have probably stayed entirely silent. Anyhow, i stand by the fact that we now have a wagon on me because of it so clearly it created valuable interaction. Unfortunately one fo my biggest town reads ran with that so if I die over it isn't likely to bring suspicion on any scum.

and because lynching lurkers D1 is a double edged sword. It's not a super huge preference mind you.
I'm not seeing Zigaton as a lurker (but I'm calibrated by the likes of chairs and that other guy who posts so little I can't even remember his name)

I prefer either of you to Lalight because he's a newbie, which is always harder to predict.
At least you are honest about wanting to lynch out the vets first which is ironic considering you are one of them moreso than several others.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #447 on: September 26, 2016, 10:55:04 am »

I'm not sure about this recent stuff from PPS. I think I want RR to flip so we can analyze it.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 26, 2016, 10:58:19 am »

Okay, I've changed my mind. Lots of people seem to be making good cases against RR, and while at first I thought he was town, I've changed my mind. Sorry, RR!

unvote

vote: RR

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #449 on: September 26, 2016, 11:00:44 am »

That's L-1.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 20 queries.