Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Game Over!)  (Read 75215 times)

Zigaton

• Kill all Patapons!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: September 21, 2016, 11:53:11 am »

I guess I could see a McGarnacle-zigaton scum team.
Nope.pacovf first voted for me.I do not know why McGarnacle thinks I Mafia.Then everyone started to think that I Mafia.
P.S.I'm not sure,but unvote

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 21, 2016, 11:58:33 am »

What can the rolecop do?
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2016, 12:02:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure you and Ash have something else entirely going on at a higher leve...
Nah, he didn't open with "I have a plan", so I'm totally lost now.

I don't like the corralling thing you mention, though... isn't the whole point of D1 was to get people talking and into the game? Otherwise, why would it be so long. We have zero information to go on, so we have to make people talk to each other.
Yeah, we need to talk and all but the real deal is the day ends and it would be really dumb to go no lynch so face the facts; at some point we have to agree on a lynch. If it's going to be a mislynch usually scum is doing the corralling so scum would be uncomfortable with that notion being brought out so explicitly. Expect a scum lynch to be fairly hard to come by since they are very unlikely to help in that. Quite positive paco is town just because the wagon went way too quickly to L-1. I suppose there could be some early bussing that got out of hand (so LaLight is a prime suspect, there) or it just happened like that and somebody got scared of being on the tail end of it and forcing it through (oh, look, LaLight is the bad guy, again).

Ultra-helpy LaLight is just town LaLight as far as I've seen elsewhere, so that's not a D1 option for me. I seem to have started the one and only actual wagon, so if you just wanted to kill people, you'd be on that one instead. @Ash and @Paco, what am I missing here?

You see ultra-helpy and I see scum wanting cred in the few places he can get it. I'm not arguing with your position so much as substantiating mine. Paco was the first actual wagon, McGarnacle just happens to be the current one so your next sentence there is not entirely true especially since ash technically started it through suggestion you just happened to vote first. I don't want to just kill people I want to kill the right people.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 21, 2016, 12:09:31 pm »

Also, had a thought, but I think if the Rolecop is in the game, it would be good to claim.  I can explain after.

I'm going to risk scum points for reading the setup, here. Rolecop is a scum role in this game. Not sure even the rankest noob is dumb enough to fall for that ploy so I assume you weren't going for that angle?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 21, 2016, 12:34:46 pm »

I would actually be fine getting lynched if you lynch Zigaton after me. Town would then have a big advantage, with only one scum left and  5 town.

That would sound great, if you can prove that it really has to be the case that one or other of you is scum.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 21, 2016, 01:19:32 pm »

At work, and fairly busy this week, but I need to read more calmly McGarnacle. He's strange. He's forcing interactions with people though, that's good!

Zigaton's answers are so over-the-top I honestly don't know what to think.

SpaceAnemone is conf!town as far as I am concerned. There's no way he's faking it. How many games have you played, again? Speaking of which, I feel like the vets are actually interacting enough with the newbies, it's just that we know each other's metas better, so we can make conclusions with less information. Newbies can be harder to figure out (cf Zigaton)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 21, 2016, 01:24:16 pm »

We've still got what 5 days till the end of the day, so we don't need to rush for a lynch quite yet. Before I reread again, PPS or Zigaton would be ok lynches, so would be McGarnacle and Lalight, and I am promoting J Reggie to lynchable by virtue of me not remembering if h's done anything memorable yet. RR and McG would be the main targets of a reread, I think.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »

Also I seriously doubt that both PPS and ash are scum. Game would feel very different if they were.

Zigaton

• Kill all Patapons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure you and Ash have something else entirely going on at a higher leve...
Nah, he didn't open with "I have a plan", so I'm totally lost now.

I don't like the corralling thing you mention, though... isn't the whole point of D1 was to get people talking and into the game? Otherwise, why would it be so long. We have zero information to go on, so we have to make people talk to each other.
Yeah, we need to talk and all but the real deal is the day ends and it would be really dumb to go no lynch so face the facts; at some point we have to agree on a lynch. If it's going to be a mislynch usually scum is doing the corralling so scum would be uncomfortable with that notion being brought out so explicitly. Expect a scum lynch to be fairly hard to come by since they are very unlikely to help in that. Quite positive paco is town just because the wagon went way too quickly to L-1. I suppose there could be some early bussing that got out of hand (so LaLight is a prime suspect, there) or it just happened like that and somebody got scared of being on the tail end of it and forcing it through (oh, look, LaLight is the bad guy, again).

Ultra-helpy LaLight is just town LaLight as far as I've seen elsewhere, so that's not a D1 option for me. I seem to have started the one and only actual wagon, so if you just wanted to kill people, you'd be on that one instead. @Ash and @Paco, what am I missing here?

You see ultra-helpy and I see scum wanting cred in the few places he can get it. I'm not arguing with your position so much as substantiating mine. Paco was the first actual wagon, McGarnacle just happens to be the current one so your next sentence there is not entirely true especially since ash technically started it through suggestion you just happened to vote first. I don't want to just kill people I want to kill the right people.
What are these facts?For example?
P.S. Specially for newbie :)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »

Also, I think one thing that's making it harder to move this game along is that our conversations are getting stratified into newbies and old hands. I feel like the oldies want to make it interesting for themselves by playing a deep game around those of us who haven't quite got the skills yet. But if we don't get the old and new people interacting more, then not a lot is going to happen.

I think having RR and J Reggie here and active and being bridge-like would really help :-)
Whassup?

Yay, I call and you appear -- that's cool! :-) Can we make some more discussion happen, of the sort where Ash/PPS/Paco actually converse with the newbies in a constructive way?
Sure.

Ash, PPS and Paco: talk to the newbies more. But be constructive.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #312 on: September 21, 2016, 02:11:53 pm »

We've still got what 5 days till the end of the day, so we don't need to rush for a lynch quite yet. Before I reread again, PPS or Zigaton would be ok lynches, so would be McGarnacle and Lalight, and I am promoting J Reggie to lynchable by virtue of me not remembering if h's done anything memorable yet. RR and McG would be the main targets of a reread, I think.

I'm not lynchable. I claimed IC.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #313 on: September 21, 2016, 02:14:38 pm »

Also as far as doing stuff, I just proposed a possible scum team.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 21, 2016, 03:13:07 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

pingpongsam (1): pacovf
LaLight (1): pingpongsam
McGarnacle (3): SpaceAnemone, Roadrunner7671, LaLight
Zigaton (1): McGarnacle
Roadrunner7671 (1): ashersky

Not Voting (2): J Reggie, Zigaton

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 26, 22:00 forum time. That is in 5 days and 6+ hours.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2016, 03:15:13 pm »

Well, its starting to look like me won't lynch Zigaton after all.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »

Well, its starting to look like we won't lynch Zigaton after all.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 21, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »

Sidenote: If I miss any votes because new nicknames were used, feel free to point them out. I'll make a decision of whether or not to include them as valid. Also, should someone disapprove of a nickname they got, feel free to point that out too, and I will most likely make it invalid.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:27:03 pm by silverspawn »

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 21, 2016, 03:16:01 pm »

I meant "we" not "me"

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 21, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »

There's 5 days remaining. That's a terrifically long time for things to change several times over.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2016, 03:34:17 pm »

Well, not with that attitude.

Also, wagons are a lot more volatile as the deadline approaches. From where I am standing, I'd say Zigaton and Lalight seem like the most likely lynches right now. But somebody could say something scummy before then, or come up with a case, or what have you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 21, 2016, 03:50:08 pm »

What are these facts?For example?
P.S. Specially for newbie :)

I'm not sure I follow. The fact I was referring to was the one about the day will end and if we don't lynch somebody we will just start D2 with one of us dead and maybe some worthwhile night action results if we are lucky but more likely we will be in no better position than now. I brought this up because the inevitability of avoiding the above situation is getting a lynch vote in. SA said they didn't like the notion of corralling votes but that is exactly what will have to happen.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 21, 2016, 03:56:31 pm »

This game is a little odd because I'm generally suspicious of theory talk and definitely not used to engaging in it except in RMM (considering I usually horribly misunderstand my role and the POEs so I just don't even then), but here it seems fairly warranted because it is being explicitly requested.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2016, 05:43:06 pm »

SpaceAnemone is conf!town as far as I am concerned. There's no way they're faking it. How many games have you played, again?

Please see my pronoun fix in the quote :-) I'm a non-binary female feminist humanoid who's tired of the whole "default male" thing.

The only game I've played to completion is Haddock's BSG one. I played one day of Olympics Mafia but then I got NKd. Right now I'm also in a game running parallel to this, but it's current, which I think makes in unmentionable. I used to play a particular variant of in-person werewolf a few years back, but the rules were actually different enough to Mafia that it's gotten me into trouble more than it's helped me with forum mafia so far, I think.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2016, 07:26:08 pm »

Sorry McGarnacle. L-1.

vote: McGarnacle
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.