Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Game Over!)  (Read 75279 times)

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 8: Time Loops (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2016, 10:46:51 am »

So what happened to Slampp RZJ? I'm a bit confused by the flavor text. Is he dead?

Vote: Roadrunner 7671

Someone said is he and ash are scum, we loose, so if we kill one of them right away, that should help.

As for the question on how new the newbies are: This is my first game of forum mafia, and my fourth game of mafia in general. I've never been scum.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2016, 10:48:43 am »

So what happened to Slampp RZJ? I'm a bit confused by the flavor text. Is he dead?

Someone said is he and ash are scum, we loose, so if we kill one of them right away, that should help.

As for the question on how new the newbies are: This is my first game of forum mafia, and my fourth game of mafia in general. I've never been scum.

Until now?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2016, 10:50:08 am »

Until now?

Actually, no. Having never been scum doesn't statistically decrease my chances of being mafia, but it does mean that I'm even more inexperienced in that role than I am of any mafia role in general.

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2016, 10:51:02 am »

Until now?

Actually, no. Having never been scum doesn't statistically decrease my chances of being mafia, but it does mean that I'm even more inexperienced in that role than I am of any mafia role in general.

Ok, we'll see =)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2016, 10:52:17 am »

Not me and RR, me and PPS.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 10:52:42 am »

Ok, I think pacovf's opening post is something you'd really only do as town.  I don't think I've read that many of his games though, and I've never played with him so IDK.  Anyway, vote: ash for being new.

Paco is old school -- famed for his ruthlessness.

Coming from you, I take this as high praise :)

Off-topic: you've been interacting with Spanish people lately, eh?

Not specifically Spanish, but close.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2016, 10:53:22 am »

So you're saying we should lynch you?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2016, 10:59:03 am »

So you're saying we should lynch you?

I think so! I should vote for him oh wait
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2016, 03:07:28 pm »

Ok, I think pacovf's opening post is something you'd really only do as town.

No way. I see this is scum all the time. To wit, silverspawn's most recent Mafia world championship game he opened something similar and I immediately guessed him to be scum which is exactly how he turned out. The only thing I've seen scummiest this game is LaLight's unvote of Paco. Feeling pretty good about this read in light of that.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2016, 03:08:55 pm »

Autocorrect got scummier above and turned it into scummiest.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2016, 03:43:34 pm »

The only thing I've seen scummiest this game is LaLight's unvote of Paco. Feeling pretty good about this read in light of that.

Yeah, but it's LaLight! He's being exactly like he usually is and posting helpful stuff.

(Though I'm a bit disturbed that he's no longer a friendly pink square).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2016, 03:57:46 pm »

No way. I see this is scum all the time. To wit, silverspawn's most recent Mafia world championship game he opened something similar and I immediately guessed him to be scum which is exactly how he turned out. The only thing I've seen scummiest this game is LaLight's unvote of Paco. Feeling pretty good about this read in light of that.

PPS speaks the truths.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2016, 04:00:02 pm »

Well, apparently he's not intending to solve for t or s. I assume he's us, given that his name is made out of our initials. Let's not be dead! :-)

Did anyone understand any significance in the school name? Idle curiosity.

Oh, and did anyone not solve for s and t themselves before reading further? That one's a real question :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »

Hey, I was trying to not accidentally have a quicklynch! I supposed that some newbie will come and hammer Pacovf, and it's no good. That's all, guys.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2016, 04:05:38 pm »

The only thing I've seen scummiest this game is LaLight's unvote of Paco. Feeling pretty good about this read in light of that.

Yeah, but it's LaLight! He's being exactly like he usually is and posting helpful stuff.

(Though I'm a bit disturbed that he's no longer a friendly pink square).

Seprix made me a stylish Gladiator avatar.
Btw Pink Square is from 12 oz. Mouse cartoon and he's not very friendly there =)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »

Hehe.. I don't think I get his aesthetic. I think of you as pink now, and the original version of that card has quite a pink person on it.. so that kind of fits, but why make it all dark and shadowy?

Btw Pink Square is from 12 oz. Mouse cartoon and he's not very friendly there =)

Ah! I'd never heard of that before now. I like rodents, though :-) My icon is from Babylon 5, but I don't know how many people here are actually old enough to think that was a good show...

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2016, 04:16:00 pm »

Hehe.. I don't think I get his aesthetic. I think of you as pink now, and the original version of that card has quite a pink person on it.. so that kind of fits, but why make it all dark and shadowy?

Ah! I'd never heard of that before now. I like rodents, though :-) My icon is from Babylon 5, but I don't know how many people here are actually old enough to think that was a good show...

We're getting fluffy =))

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2016, 04:23:06 pm »

Does this roughly sum up our experience levels?

Total newbies: McGarnacle & Zigatron
Mostly newbies: LaLight & SA
Quite experienced: RR, JReggie, Paco
Scary: Ash & PPS

I've never played with or read anything with Paco, Ash or PPS before. The other not-total-newbies I've encountered at least a little bit. I think RR's been in all my games so far, but I have very little confidence in my ability to read him.

Also, for people I'm new to, please not that I'm not male, and that I use "they/them" as a pronoun. Thanks :-)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2016, 04:27:50 pm »

We're getting fluffy =))

Yeah, but that's only because I was saving the useful stuff for a separate post so that it makes things easier to go back to later!

Besides, all that "no fluff" thing is culture that we don't have to have learned yet because it's a newbie game :-) I happen to disagree quite strongly with the idea that a little bit of non-aggressive human interaction is going to harm the game, because getting to know people's personalities and likes/dislikes is going to make them easier to read in the longer term.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2016, 04:53:35 pm »

I've never played with or read anything with Paco, Ash or PPS before. The other not-total-newbies I've encountered at least a little bit. I think RR's been in all my games so far, but I have very little confidence in my ability to read him.

Also, for people I'm new to, please not that I'm not male, and that I use "they/them" as a pronoun. Thanks :-)

Well this is actually only my 5th game, and I haven't played in a while, so I don't know if I qualify for "quite experienced" yet.

Oh hum J Reggie, have you played any game here? Something I can skim?

We're getting fluffy =))

Yeah, but that's only because I was saving the useful stuff for a separate post so that it makes things easier to go back to later!

Besides, all that "no fluff" thing is culture that we don't have to have learned yet because it's a newbie game :-) I happen to disagree quite strongly with the idea that a little bit of non-aggressive human interaction is going to harm the game, because getting to know people's personalities and likes/dislikes is going to make them easier to read in the longer term.

Getting a townread on SA.

No way. I see this is scum all the time. To wit, silverspawn's most recent Mafia world championship game he opened something similar and I immediately guessed him to be scum which is exactly how he turned out.

Well, silverspawn and I are different people, I think? Otherwise I wouldn't be able to play this game. Because I would also be modding it. And I would know everybody's alignment. And that would be cheating.

PPS speaks the truths.

Yet you aren't voting for me. Why?

Oh and still very interested in getting an answer to this:

Okey, he is too aggressive. Vote: pacovf . Just do it.

How am I too aggressive?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2016, 05:09:54 pm »

We're getting fluffy =))

Let's just sit around and have a chat, knowing that some of us are killers and a few more of us will be dead tomorrow. So... who here likes Lord of the Rings?

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Zigaton

• Kill all Patapons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2016, 05:23:32 pm »

Well this is actually only my 5th game, and I haven't played in a while, so I don't know if I qualify for "quite experienced" yet.

We're getting fluffy =))

Getting a townread on SA.

No way. I see this is scum all the time. To wit, silverspawn's most recent Mafia world championship game he opened something similar and I immediately guessed him to be scum which is exactly how he turned out.

Well, silverspawn and I are different people, I think? Otherwise I wouldn't be able to play this game. Because I would also be modding it. And I would know everybody's alignment. And that would be cheating.

PPS speaks the truths.

Yet you aren't voting for me. Why?

Oh and still very interested in getting an answer to this:

Okey, he is too aggressive. Vote: pacovf . Just do it.

How am I too aggressive?

Don't worry)This is test for u.Nobody can't find  mafia in first night)unvote

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

You haven't actually answered my question though. How am I too aggressive? Why did you say that?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2016, 05:35:09 pm »

Fruit Ninja, Sherlock, Heroes, Duel. Fruit Ninja is my finest work, but I was scum there so it's not really relevant here.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2016, 05:42:58 pm »

I like you already.

Will check later, when I am done doing the things I am procrastinating on right now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29  All

Page created in 2.224 seconds with 20 queries.