Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 164550 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 1.
« Reply #725 on: September 19, 2016, 11:47:00 am »

I'm just a town with some mildly funny flavor text actually.
Tell me about your flavor text.

I'd have to claim.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 2.
« Reply #726 on: September 19, 2016, 11:50:59 am »

I trust faust as IC, and it seems like his reads are better than mine right now.

The reads he's not sharing?
His D1 reads were better than mine.
Mostly because I was sure he was scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 19, 2016, 11:51:50 am »

I trust faust as IC, and it seems like his reads are better than mine right now.

The reads he's not sharing?
His D1 reads were better than mine.
Mostly because I was sure he was scum.

Didn't he also think you were scum?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 19, 2016, 11:57:48 am »

My big problem with the pledge is that everyone should have better reads than faust because they have more information than faust.  Every person knows the alignment of 2 people (themselves and faust), so their reads have a higher probability of being correct than faust's. 

Also I'm weary of the people that agree to just blindly follow faust.  That is just way too easy of a cop out if they are on a mislynch.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 19, 2016, 11:59:47 am »

My big problem with the pledge is that everyone should have better reads than faust because they have more information than faust.  Every person knows the alignment of 2 people (themselves and faust), so their reads have a higher probability of being correct than faust's. 

Also I'm weary of the people that agree to just blindly follow faust.  That is just way too easy of a cop out if they are on a mislynch.

Well, I don't follow him blindly. I trust his opinion, cause he's really more experienced and also an IC. + I know the alignment of me and him. I don't have strong case on anyone now, only mild scumread. I'll see and listen to faust.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 19, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »

Well, I don't follow him blindly. I trust his opinion, cause he's really more experienced and also an IC. + I know the alignment of me and him. I don't have strong case on anyone now, only mild scumread. I'll see and listen to faust.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 19, 2016, 12:13:30 pm »

Well I guess the other problem I have with it is that people seem to be wanting the route that they don't need to go and reread and form their own opinions, but that they can instead just sheep faust.  Only one person doing rereads and stuff doesn't help us.  If you don't have any major scum reads, go back and reread the thread!  There is going to be something that makes you believe someone is scummy.  I mean being unsure if fine, but having no reads D2, is just not ok.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14:05 pm »

inb4 "gkrieg why haven't you reread and given reads"

I'll do it later today.  I have class in a few minutes

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 1.
« Reply #733 on: September 19, 2016, 04:54:54 pm »

Lynch list:

1. Witherweaver - null to mildly town
2. LaLight - lots of content, pro-town
3. silverspawn - not a lot there
4. gkrieg13 - put mail-mi on L-1, which isn't great. Not a lot else
5. faust - leaning towards scum
6. Roadrunner7671 - for the first time in forever, don't think he's scum
7. Joseph2302 - me. Absolutely no useful content so far
8. SpaceAnemone - mild town read on him, from very little content
9. J Reggie - trying to get the game moving early, and decently towny with most other things
10. schadd - lots of short posts, kind of null
11. iguanaiguana - mild town read
12. mail-mi - his wagon seemed a bit too easy for my liking. As he hasn't done anything super-scummy, it's likely there was scum on the wagon, and therefore more likely that he's town. Also seems different to the scum!mail-mi in a previous game
Here's my old lynch list- I'll review it properly some point.
faust is clearly town now, as were ss and mail-mi.
Man, these reads look so bad with hindsight

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 19, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »

You're right, we should lynch you.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 19, 2016, 05:00:34 pm »

vote: Joseph
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 19, 2016, 05:10:54 pm »

Going to bed now, but a serious, thought-provoking question before I do.

If you were scum, who would you have killed N1?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 19, 2016, 05:20:10 pm »

Or maybe:

Why would Silverspawn be killed?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 19, 2016, 05:59:02 pm »

Or maybe:

Why would Silverspawn be killed?

I think one reason is because he thought that he would be killed. Silver said that he would be the night kill IIRC

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 19, 2016, 06:19:39 pm »

he had a sort of a habit of snarking at/refuting that spaceguy summed here
whoops, that was supposed to be this link

/pledge, i guess? i'm not sure that this logic holds up:
...since only 6 people know the alignment of 2 people, and a certain 3 people know the alignment of everybody. it's not about information, it's about, ceteris paribus and nothing particularly compelling against any certain person, we agree to sheep the person who cannot have any ulterior motives (esp. because now it is especially easy for scum to form a majority). faust, incidentally, seems to be a fortunate person for this position.

i'm not sure, though, and other people have thought this out further than i have and also experienced the endgame situation theorized here. at the very least, this shouldn't really be the focus of our attention until we are confident that there isn't more information to be gathered.

Going to bed now, but a serious, thought-provoking question before I do.

If you were scum, who would you have killed N1?
i'm so town that even if i were scum i wouldn't lynch anyone.
i mean, uh, probably ss. it's hard to say in hindsight, of course, but i and surely some other people (read: joseph's readlist, also this one) had ss and faust in the "what do you know that i don't" category, and since scum knew they were innocent, that probably meant that they indeed knew something. that, and, you know, ss is good at this game and stuff. that said, it's weird that it happened right at the peak of suspicion for him (he just hammered mail-mi!) and, well, killing a mason seems to be a not-good idea. this leads me to an inkling that it is a bit of a personal lynch rather than an empirical one. who here has the most experience?

i haven't given any formalized reads yet. names accentuated in purple, which i think is allowed

kinda: ww(still, didn't reply to the thing that i said!), igu (seems like a clumsy persona for a committed scum, but why would he refuse to be replaced? are we seeing drunk!scum!igu or something), rr (hasn't bitten in the strategy/analysis of the board like the rest of us fish and has otherwise not really said much that i can remember, which is especially odd considering this post)

merits investigation:lalight (has said a hell of a lot, at least), joseph (has had some unfortunate votes, don't like his first vote in the context of my current one, below, but otherwise kinda whatever)

i'm okay with them rn: gkrieg (enduring attitude is 'get on it people!' and hasn't had really any bs. he did parrot the bad joseph vote. though, now that i think about it, it's sorta forgivable? faust did seem weird, and i really don't know how to read the mail-mi situation), space (smells like they have the same approach to the game that i do at the moment which is a plus, for me at least. i appreciate their effort to hammer out a few people [i.e., me and ww thus far] rather than comment on game state), j reggie (i was pretty fervently anti-him d1. don't really know what to think at the moment but i'm not really suspicious)

me: schadd (5 stars, would eat again)

faust: faust (the pledge thing would have probably maybe brought the actual mason out of the woodwork at this point. do other people care about what went on in the qt? i guess, is there any position ss took that he didn't post publicly?)

vote: roadrunner since i want him to be under the spotlight, he has maybe produced the least information combined with being kinda suspicious

at the time of this post, half of the rules post is a link to day 2.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 19, 2016, 06:22:04 pm »

Roadrunner is in this game?  When did that happen?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 19, 2016, 06:36:53 pm »

igu (seems like a clumsy persona for a committed scum, but why would he refuse to be replaced? are we seeing drunk!scum!igu or something)
i should clarify, i was referring specifically to the "i don't care anymore, lynch me" business
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2016, 09:51:49 am »

igu (seems like a clumsy persona for a committed scum, but why would he refuse to be replaced? are we seeing drunk!scum!igu or something)
i should clarify, i was referring specifically to the "i don't care anymore, lynch me" business
Pretty sure he's said things like this before.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2016, 09:54:38 am »

we back!

Pretty sure he's said things like this before.
i would be inclined to believe you

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2016, 10:11:34 am »

Yay, the forum is back!! This is what I was trying to post last night when it died...

So, the weekend is over, and it's time for ou guys to put in some work, make cases, and such things. I have thoughts, but I will not reveal them. Instead, I want everyone to take the following pledge:

"If there is no lynch 12 hours before deadline, I will vote for whoever faust decides we should lynch."

/semi-pledge :-) If you decide I should die, I'm probably not going to want to vote for myself, and since I'm under some suspicion just now, I feel it's not such an edge case. I'd also like to keep the right to using my own brain to do re-reads and form conclusions of my own.

I like the point that gkrieg/schadd have made that while you have the clearest town motives of any of us, you also have less information. I know you also have a great reputation for being good at this game, so obviously your thoughts deserve an audience, but you can't be right all the time with so little information out there, so I think there's room for a contrary newbie :-) I mean no offence.. this is coming from a place of having been mislynched by a much more experienced player who wouldn't listen to my arguments and cases in the previous game, and town having lost because I just couldn't get through to him.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2016, 10:15:35 am »

@faust, do you think I'm barking up the wrong tree at post#700, or is it a valid worry?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2016, 11:22:45 am »

My posting frequency may be severely limited for the next few days - trying to sort out a house move.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2016, 11:47:48 am »

So I have a question for Faust. Were you trying to intentionally play scummy D1, or did it just come across that way?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2016, 11:51:01 am »

I like a Vote: Joseph by a wide margin today.

Keep doing your thing guys, you rock  8)
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2016, 11:53:40 am »

Ok, has someone presented a case for Joseph or is he just scummy as usual? Because I'd be willing to listen to an actual case on him, but this looks like just the same as yesterday. Just because Faust is IC doesn't mean he's always right.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.