Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 164765 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 1.
« Reply #500 on: September 15, 2016, 06:27:34 pm »

Man, I'm so conflicted.
hey. you're the conflict, still.

i'm still inclined to agree with igu at the moment about j reggie. but faust also seems a little odd, like you're talking past people
mail-mi doesn't give me any bad impressions. it feels weird to me that none of the three people in front of the crosshairs seem particularly anxious (faust seems a bit millitant against his voters, maybe) but maybe that's just the way it goes. inexperienced, etc.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #501 on: September 15, 2016, 06:29:10 pm »

I realized that my case on J Reggie was based on a vague memory of a previous scum game of his, so I decided to dig up the quote.

It is here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15591.msg624261#msg624261

In Duel Mafia, scum!J Reggie takes a few stabs at scummy looking townies before giving up on having scumreads entirely. Before the end, he just says that he has no useful scumreads and doesn't even believe in the counter-wagon. Of course, in some ways he's being honest. He knew e was town, and had no useful scumreads. Odd though that he wouldn't put the effort in to make a case against e and try to get people off of him.

Anyway, in a non-obvious way, J Reggie's half-hearted stabs at this game and complete lack of pushing the game forward read very similarly to that scum game.

Could I be wrong and he be town? Sure, but I feel better about this case than most D1 cases that I push. I'm definitely not changing my vote.

How have I had a lack of pushing the game forward? I started the wagon on mail-mi. I still think he's scum. And I've been trying to figure Faust out. I think there's a good chance he's scum in this game as well. I get why you think I'm scum for meta reasons. I've been trying not to be the center of attention, which I usually do as town. And look how far that's gotten me.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 15, 2016, 06:33:34 pm »

I realized that my case on J Reggie was based on a vague memory of a previous scum game of his, so I decided to dig up the quote.

It is here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15591.msg624261#msg624261

In Duel Mafia, scum!J Reggie takes a few stabs at scummy looking townies before giving up on having scumreads entirely. Before the end, he just says that he has no useful scumreads and doesn't even believe in the counter-wagon. Of course, in some ways he's being honest. He knew e was town, and had no useful scumreads. Odd though that he wouldn't put the effort in to make a case against e and try to get people off of him.

Anyway, in a non-obvious way, J Reggie's half-hearted stabs at this game and complete lack of pushing the game forward read very similarly to that scum game.

Could I be wrong and he be town? Sure, but I feel better about this case than most D1 cases that I push. I'm definitely not changing my vote.

I started the wagon on mail-mi. I still think he's scum.
i'm pretty sure that's a bold-faced lie about bold-faced votes. you were the fifth vote on m-m, and i dunno if you can say that you started the wagon in the context of this post
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #503 on: September 15, 2016, 06:35:30 pm »

I started the wagon on mail-mi. I still think he's scum.
i'm pretty sure that's a bold-faced lie about bold-faced votes. you were the fifth vote on m-m, and i dunno if you can say that you started the wagon in the context of this post

Ok, I was wrong. For some reason I thought I started that wagon. Maybe it was because of interactions we had? Idk, I'll go back and reread when I have time.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 15, 2016, 06:43:32 pm »

Man, I'm so conflicted.
hey. you're the conflict, still
I am the one who knocks.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 15, 2016, 06:47:13 pm »

i'm still inclined to agree with igu at the moment about j reggie. but faust also seems a little odd, like you're talking past people
mail-mi doesn't give me any bad impressions. it feels weird to me that none of the three people in front of the crosshairs seem particularly anxious (faust seems a bit millitant against his voters, maybe) but maybe that's just the way it goes. inexperienced, etc.
It is. I mean, those are some bad votes right there. There's just nothing in terms of reasoning behind them. And I think of the possible wagons right now I am scum's favorite lynch by a large margin.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 15, 2016, 06:48:13 pm »

Oh, and I started the mail-mi wagon! Pretty sure that means Reggie must now think I'm townie.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #507 on: September 15, 2016, 06:49:28 pm »

Oh, and I started the mail-mi wagon! Pretty sure that means Reggie must now think I'm townie.

You could be bussing  ;)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 15, 2016, 06:50:00 pm »

You could be bussing  ;)
So could you!

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 15, 2016, 06:50:57 pm »

well, to be fair. i was the first vote

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 15, 2016, 06:53:04 pm »

True. But you voted, nothing happened. I voted, a wagon formed. Which isn't your fault really, people just like sheeping me a lot more than sheeping a newbie.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 15, 2016, 06:55:59 pm »

True. But you voted, nothing happened. I voted, a wagon formed. Which isn't your fault really, people just like sheeping me a lot more than sheeping a newbie.
i would assert that people only voted with you because you're scum or something except the first one was igu and well i'm sheeping him (sorta) at the moment

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 15, 2016, 07:01:46 pm »

You could be bussing  ;)
So could you!

Or both of you. That could be really cool gambit: having you both and mail-mi scums in this game.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 15, 2016, 07:13:47 pm »

And as frustrating as it is, Faust is probably still a bad D1 lynch. He's too helpful as town, and scum will want too much for town to take him off of their hands without having to waste a night kill. He is a mislynch that scum loves to get on.

I am scum's favorite lynch by a large margin.

You could always credit your sources when you're paraphrasing something I just said ^^
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 15, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »

i would assert that people only voted with you because you're scum or something except the first one was igu and well i'm sheeping him (sorta) at the moment

Wagons!

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 15, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »

Wagons!
yes. there are three of them in fact

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 15, 2016, 07:23:27 pm »

J Reggie is probably a good one of those.

"Beep."

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:06 pm »

Sorry guys.  Today is really busy and I probably won't get back to this game until tomorrow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 15, 2016, 07:57:41 pm »

faust has been scummy, and him being a prime NK target isn't a reason not to lynch him.

Wrong. Of course that is a reason. Being a prime NK target means scum wants you dead more which means lynching you is worse

And it also means that you are automatically suspicious if you live longer, thus information helps with the case.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 15, 2016, 07:58:14 pm »

that last sentence didn't make sense. I meant to say that time automatically helps with the case.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 15, 2016, 08:13:04 pm »

Huh, I'm still not understanding the J Reggie wagon at all, even though I think a bunch of strong people are backing it. I'm unlikely to move my vote there unless someone can break the case down into newbie-speak for me.

Faust's tone in his posts from earlier today seems oddly hostile and defensive, which makes me lean a bit more scum-wards on him than my reads yesterday.

@Iguana: what are your reasons for thinking that Mail-mi is a town? I feel like he's at least a bit scummy.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #521 on: September 15, 2016, 08:32:21 pm »

By the way, what has SpaceAnemone done in this game?  They have 19 (I think?) posts, most of which are jokes.

Is this ii's way of getting back at me for Fruit Ninja?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 15, 2016, 08:36:10 pm »

Faust's tone in his posts from earlier today seems oddly hostile and defensive.

These are the words I was looking for to describe my read on faust. Thanks SA.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 15, 2016, 08:57:50 pm »

By the way, what has SpaceAnemone done in this game?  They have 19 (I think?) posts, most of which are jokes.

I'd just used up all of my free time (and several hours of hours of sleep!) trying to prove my innocence to Gkrieg in Haddock's BSG game, where Mail-mi was doing an unfortunately skilled scum job of making people vote for me :-(

Anyway, at least I've posted my reads on everyone, which ate up all of yesterday's free time. I'd find it quite helpful if more people posted complete lists too.

Now I'm reading f.ds an hour after I absolutely had to be asleep today... so that's not so good. More tomorrow :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 15, 2016, 09:33:39 pm »

I'm getting more towny on J Reggie. Actually let's unvote
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.