Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 164743 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 1.
« Reply #475 on: September 15, 2016, 10:21:09 am »

Also, please make any cases on me by tomorrow afternoon. I don't think I'll be able to be online after that.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #476 on: September 15, 2016, 10:21:37 am »

Normally faust is different to this.
In my mind, if you're scum then it's likely a mislynch will happen, so you need to commit less effort.
On the other hand, if you're town, it takes more effort to find scum.
Again, this is not how I play as scum. Every time you think "someone is different than normal", your first reaction should be that that's a townie sign.

What if you were to play similar to your town self. You can see how this is a bad argument

So tell me, how does my town self differ from my scum self?

Well you do scummier things when you're scum. Like try to start a wagon on Joseph.

Even though I think you are scummiest right now, I'll vote: mail-mi. Deadline is soon right?

Another unannounced L-2.

I don't think that is a thing

No?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 15, 2016, 10:24:36 am »

In my mind, if you're scum then it's likely a mislynch will happen, so you need to commit less effort.
Again, this is not how I play as scum. Every time you think "someone is different than normal", your first reaction should be that that's a townie sign.

What if you were to play similar to your town self. You can see how this is a bad argument

Also this is a horrible question. This is asking what your scum meta is and how it differs from your town meta. I never want to answer that question for you
So basically you're saying you'll never make a case on me? Okay, then I'm not very worried about your vote, other than that it's useless.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #478 on: September 15, 2016, 11:07:32 am »

Also this is a horrible question. This is asking what your scum meta is and how it differs from your town meta. I never want to answer that question for you
So basically you're saying you'll never make a case on me? Okay, then I'm not very worried about your vote, other than that it's useless.

I'd be tempted to vote you for this if it didn't mean I would die. That's clearly not what he was saying. Telling you about how others perceive your meta is different from making a case on you in a specific game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 15, 2016, 11:16:07 am »

Same, J Reggie. I really don't like that exchange, at all. vote: faust
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 15, 2016, 11:17:04 am »

I'm happy lynching either Mail-Mi or J Reggie.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 15, 2016, 11:23:18 am »

I'd be tempted to vote you for this if it didn't mean I would die. That's clearly not what he was saying. Telling you about how others perceive your meta is different from making a case on you in a specific game.
To make a case, you have to point out things where a person behaved in a scummy way. To talk about what is scummy, you need to present an idea as to what the person you're making a case on would actually do as scum. I mean you can of course also post bullshit stuff like "having little content is always scummy".

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2016, 11:24:42 am »

And why not?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2016, 11:29:02 am »

And why not?
It doesn't feel right. Can't quite put words to it, so I'll just say my gut.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:27 am »

We are at 4-4-4 now.

Two of these wagons are stupid. Mail-mi is easy to read and wasting him now is stupid. faust is a prime NK target and hasn't been remotely scummy.

Can we lynch J Reggie? I mean I wouldn't have a problem with doing a complete switch on Joseph or something, but I do have a problem with the other two.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2016, 11:33:30 am »

We are at 4-4-4 now.

Two of these wagons are stupid. Mail-mi is easy to read and wasting him now is stupid. faust is a prime NK target and hasn't been remotely scummy.

Can we lynch J Reggie? I mean I wouldn't have a problem with doing a complete switch on Joseph or something, but I do have a problem with the other two.

I do not think mail-mi is easy to read. I read him all along for two days and did not understand he's scum.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2016, 11:36:17 am »

I don't know, Reggie has been somewhat... unnoticable? I guess that's already scummy for him. But why is he a good lynch?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2016, 11:36:58 am »

And yeah, I don't think I agree that mail-mi is easier to read than Reggie.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2016, 11:42:03 am »

I don't know, Reggie has been somewhat... unnoticable? I guess that's already scummy for him. But why is he a good lynch?

I pretty much said this. Because the other two are bad lynches.

We are at 4-4-4 now.

I do not think mail-mi is easy to read. I read him all along for two days and did not understand he's scum.

Sure, but you're pretty new, so you might just not have gotten the hang of it yet. Is there anyone you think is easier to read than mail-mi?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2016, 11:43:48 am »

We are at 4-4-4 now.

It seems like J Reggie is mislynched often though.

I need to reread tonight.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2016, 11:46:02 am »

Okay. I kinda hoped there would be more.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2016, 11:47:09 am »

We are at 4-4-4 now.

Sure, but you're pretty new, so you might just not have gotten the hang of it yet. Is there anyone you think is easier to read than mail-mi?

It's hard to read everyone for me but somehow people say things I trust. When mail-mi say things I doubt pretty much every letter of it. I don't know if it falls under the term "easiness of reading" :)
Maybe it is all just my impression on his previous games.
Of course I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty confident you are town. Dunno why. It feels like this. It felt like this in Olympics too and I was right.

PPE: 2

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 15, 2016, 04:30:56 pm »

We are at 4-4-4 now.

Uh I very much disagree with the first point, and disagree also with your second point.

mail-mi is difficult to read.  Especially now when we haven't seen him flip town since he has been back.

faust has been scummy, and him being a prime NK target isn't a reason not to lynch him. 

Why on Joseph!  He is soooooooo town!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 15, 2016, 04:31:52 pm »

In what ways has he been unnoticeable?  I feel like he has been very present and noticeable.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 15, 2016, 04:37:23 pm »

In what ways has he been unnoticeable?  I feel like he has been very present and noticeable.
In that I don't remember anything from him except that there's a wagon on him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 15, 2016, 04:38:13 pm »

???

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 15, 2016, 04:42:52 pm »

I realized that my case on J Reggie was based on a vague memory of a previous scum game of his, so I decided to dig up the quote.

It is here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15591.msg624261#msg624261

In Duel Mafia, scum!J Reggie takes a few stabs at scummy looking townies before giving up on having scumreads entirely. Before the end, he just says that he has no useful scumreads and doesn't even believe in the counter-wagon. Of course, in some ways he's being honest. He knew e was town, and had no useful scumreads. Odd though that he wouldn't put the effort in to make a case against e and try to get people off of him.

Anyway, in a non-obvious way, J Reggie's half-hearted stabs at this game and complete lack of pushing the game forward read very similarly to that scum game.

Could I be wrong and he be town? Sure, but I feel better about this case than most D1 cases that I push. I'm definitely not changing my vote.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 15, 2016, 04:45:05 pm »

Man, I'm so conflicted.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 15, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »

We are at 4-4-4 now.

Uh I very much disagree with the first point, and disagree also with your second point.

mail-mi is difficult to read.  Especially now when we haven't seen him flip town since he has been back.

faust has been scummy, and him being a prime NK target isn't a reason not to lynch him. 

Mail-mi being difficult to read isn't a good reason to lynch him, certainly not D1.

And as frustrating as it is, Faust is probably still a bad D1 lynch. He's too helpful as town, and scum will want too much for town to take him off of their hands without having to waste a night kill. He is a mislynch that scum loves to get on.

Can you give more concrete reasons for what I assume is your townread on J Reggie? Your defense of him is of the utmost vagueness.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 15, 2016, 04:48:18 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.