Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61  All

Author Topic: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Game over.  (Read 164435 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M86: Ghibli Mafia - Day 1.
« Reply #300 on: September 13, 2016, 08:51:34 am »

I should possibly talk about the game more.

LaLight, could you do me a favor and quote some of the stuff that made you think WW has additional knowledge?

SA pretty made the point. In this particular game I feel like WW sitting in the shadows and manipulating everyone, sometimes throwing phrases like "we're all in trouble", "do smth and I will show you smth" and all the rest are jokes and sarcasm. I don't like this feeling, it's like he's scum who is really-really sure no-one would lynch him

Why would I be sure no one would lynch me as scum?  It's kind of all you think about when you're scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2016, 09:19:32 am »

LaLight, could you do me a favor and quote some of the stuff that made you think WW has additional knowledge?

SA pretty made the point. In this particular game I feel like WW sitting in the shadows and manipulating everyone, sometimes throwing phrases like "we're all in trouble", "do smth and I will show you smth" and all the rest are jokes and sarcasm. I don't like this feeling, it's like he's scum who is really-really sure no-one would lynch him

Why would I be sure no one would lynch me as scum?  It's kind of all you think about when you're scum.

I don't know of this yet. Can you explain your "Put someone on L-1" stuff?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2016, 09:40:52 am »

There was a question posed on the consensus on lynching someone quickly.  I responded that I would answer that question if someone was put to L-1, the implication being that I would hammer that person, thereby quickly lynching someone and answering his question.  It would also work if I didn't hammer, because then I'd be answering the question by not choosing a quick lynch. 

I was not going to actually instahammer someone, except for those individuals who have earned such treatment from me, so it was not an honest promise. 

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2016, 09:56:39 am »

There was a question posed on the consensus on lynching someone quickly.  I responded that I would answer that question if someone was put to L-1, the implication being that I would hammer that person, thereby quickly lynching someone and answering his question.  It would also work if I didn't hammer, because then I'd be answering the question by not choosing a quick lynch. 

I was not going to actually instahammer someone, except for those individuals who have earned such treatment from me, so it was not an honest promise.

Um.. Am I getting correctly that you just said that if someone would be on L-1 you either hammer or don't hammer them according on your reads of this person? Well, but it's obvious, why do you tell this? Oo

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2016, 09:59:59 am »

Wow there are like no wagons. I mean except that we should lynch WW because his high chance of being scum

We should lynch whomever I'm voting for.

And this. I don't know if it's just joke and sarcasm and your style of play, but it's strange reaction to words that you have a high chance of being scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2016, 10:00:48 am »

Um.. Am I getting correctly that you just said that if someone would be on L-1 you either hammer or don't hammer them according on your reads of this person? Well, but it's obvious, why do you tell this? Oo

Thinking about it I accidentally started to laugh. In meta-sense I really love your play =))

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:10 am »

The above falls into the classification of 'explaining the joke'.  At the time I think I was only thinking of the 'will definitely hammer' scenario, though I realized later it worked the other way, too.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2016, 10:35:51 am »

what is unclear about that reasoning?

I guess that should say I don't agree with that reasoning. It assumes people only don't sheep Faust when he is on scum. Not like when, I don't know, he is wrong or something.

Rereading what I missed now. I thought Faust's reasoning was that scum would hesitate before getting on a scum partner's wagon without much evidence but would add their numbers to the mail mi wagon if he's town.

Was that u your reasoning Faust? Maybe we should look at that wagon for scum.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2016, 10:37:50 am »

Let's start a good wagon:

Vote: faust

Why?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2016, 10:40:42 am »

Sorry for my slight VLA! I'm back home with a computer again now :-)

Vote: Witherweaver because my not-very-well-informed gut says so, my re-read isn't really going in any particular direction very quickly this late at night.

Also, why is RR so quiet?

Any chance we can hear from your overanalyzing version of your D1 self like we saw in your first game on this site? I like him better than this gut reading one for reasons.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2016, 10:41:32 am »

Dear goodness gracious Them and I'm sorry.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2016, 10:42:04 am »

what is unclear about that reasoning?

I guess that should say I don't agree with that reasoning. It assumes people only don't sheep Faust when he is on scum. Not like when, I don't know, he is wrong or something.

Rereading what I missed now. I thought Faust's reasoning was that scum would hesitate before getting on a scum partner's wagon without much evidence but would add their numbers to the mail mi wagon if he's town.

Was that u your reasoning Faust? Maybe we should look at that wagon for scum.
Yes; that was the argument. But I don't think it's a very good idea to look at that wagon before we know Joseph's alignment, because the argument pretty much falls apart if he's not scum.

Unrelated, I think WW and LL are both townie for their exchange.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2016, 10:43:43 am »

Who's the scum in this one? I've been traveling so I haven't been able to keep up and looks like town is being lazy in my absence maybe.

I don't know, check your QT and tell me!

It has town and a good funny joke in it. No scums here sadly.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2016, 10:45:20 am »

Btw, i'm sorry for a little offtop, but i really like the fact that our nicknames are two-similar-letter abbreviations. WW, LL, RR, II :))

Ppe

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2016, 10:46:01 am »

Who's the scum in this one? I've been traveling so I haven't been able to keep up and looks like town is being lazy in my absence maybe.
faust told me when we were scumfriends in mafia school that he wasn't mafia. that is the extent of my knowledge unfortunately. oh also incidentally i'm voting joseph

Do you know about how Joseph gets, like, always lynched, except when he's scum of course, and has never said a towny thing in his life. This meta makes me highly suspicious of sleeping your silliness.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 13, 2016, 10:52:48 am »

I feel like this the sort of self-conscious segue that got me scumread elsewhere :-(

I felt like WW definitely has confidence, and a slightly sarcastic attitude at times, with things like the "So there are like six scum?" comment in #259. There's a fair bit of answering questions with questions, especially things like "So you understand everyone else's play?" (at #87)... that stuff was my reason for voting WW, at least. I don't really know what's going on in D1 anyway :-P

It is his way. I call it his 'playstyle' and therefore dub it a 'null tell.'

In all seriousness, WW keeps his cards close to his chest. I've never seen him caught as scum except through night actions or partner interaction analysis late in the game. He also has a really good LyLo record. Newbies have been warned: he's no one to trifle with.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 13, 2016, 10:57:37 am »

Done reading now. Please interact folks, we need to get moving again or we won't have anything to go off of later on.

I slightly suspect LaLight, Faust and Space based on what appears to be a slightly higher than usual amount of fluff in their posts.

I'm going for the one for whom it feels best to vote.

Vote: Faust

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:55 am »

Done reading now. Please interact folks, we need to get moving again or we won't have anything to go off of later on.

I slightly suspect LaLight, Faust and Space based on what appears to be a slightly higher than usual amount of fluff in their posts.

I can see the fluff argument applying to lalight, not so much the other two. I'm also starting to wonder if schadd is scum. I have no idea what his meta will be like, but I feel like there's a lot of fluff in his posts as well so to speak.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2016, 11:01:36 am »

vote: faust

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:59 am »

Guys, for non-native please. What is fluff?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:45 am »

Guys, for non-native please. What is fluff?

Just, like, adding extra unnecessary stuff to make your posts longer, or have more posts.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:48 am »

I can see the fluff argument applying to lalight, not so much the other two. I'm also starting to wonder if schadd is scum. I have no idea what his meta will be like, but I feel like there's a lot of fluff in his posts as well so to speak.

If you want his meta, the best you can do is read Schadnd. I read it as foolhardy town for now. (I'm giving him a D1 pass, I guess.)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 13, 2016, 11:05:09 am »

???
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 13, 2016, 11:07:29 am »

???

I was saying my QT says that I'm town, obviously I know nothing about yours. Both of your responses to me are great examples of your fluff posts this game, though!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2016, 11:08:42 am »

Actually, I don't think fluffy Faust is generally scummy Faust.  More the opposite.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.