Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 213021 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1325 on: September 22, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »

vote: LaLight

Just re-read his D2 and he didn't even mention JReggie even once. If you are sure that you have found scum and going to vig someone the night after, shouldn't you even consider asking about other players opinions? Additionally, if you are actually sure you have found scum, you definitely should pursue his lynch. Instead, LaLight voted quite early for Seprix with a quite weak argument, nothing that should put him above someone you say the following about:
Well, i was actually shocked about JReggie. I was kinda sure.
Therefore, it seems, that the bussing on Seprix was arranged and JReggie night killed.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 22, 2016, 12:42:40 pm »

Just re-read his D2 and he didn't even mention JReggie even once. If you are sure that you have found scum and going to vig someone the night after, shouldn't you even consider asking about other players opinions? Additionally, if you are actually sure you have found scum, you definitely should pursue his lynch. Instead, LaLight voted quite early for Seprix with a quite weak argument, nothing that should put him above someone you say the following about:
Therefore, it seems, that the bussing on Seprix was arranged and JReggie night killed.

Ok. I'll explain. At first, i pointed another one because he was acting strange, then I understood why. I needed to change my mind. I thought of JR, reread his D1 and didn't like it.
1) he told the same as Seprix that we will lose if he gets lynched.
2) Fake scumslip with 4 scums was still there.

Also, i thought that if there is 3 scums, it's obvious one of them is lynch- or deathproof. Also, i didn't see any 100% evidence he's IC. And I made my mind.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 22, 2016, 12:48:14 pm »

And again, why should i claim in your case?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 22, 2016, 01:33:02 pm »

Ok. I'll explain. At first, i pointed another one because he was acting strange, then I understood why. I needed to change my mind. I thought of JR, reread his D1 and didn't like it.
1) he told the same as Seprix that we will lose if he gets lynched.
2) Fake scumslip with 4 scums was still there.

Also, i thought that if there is 3 scums, it's obvious one of them is lynch- or deathproof. Also, i didn't see any 100% evidence he's IC. And I made my mind.
But all that info was available before, why didn't you check potential targets before and subtly ask for players opinion?
This would be the way I would expect to play a relatively unexperienced town to play, not like you claim you have.

Admittedly I don't understand why scum would claim the way you did, have to think about that.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 22, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »

I'm ready to vote: Haddock again. His long post is too calm, if that makes sense.  And if he disliked my vote/unvote so much, why not vote me?  Also, JReggie being lover was part of why I unvoted, not just RR's statement, though that felt truthful to me.
Mmh.  I guess I didn't make this particularly clear - I'm not voting until I hear from sudgy.  I'd like him to claim a game, and I think I can either incriminate or clear him depending on which game he's from.
EUGH.

I'm an idiot.

So here's the tale:  I have some investigatory powers and I targetted sudgy on N1.  I got "No Result", and thought I'd been somehow blocked.  Yesterday I just saw this is as a small reason to think sudgy might be scum.  I did the research properly overnight into roles from previous games who are investigation immune, so I thought I might be able to see sudgy's alignment that way.

Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to check in that time that "No Result" is distinct from "None".  It seemed obvious to me that "No Result" should mean my investigation failed somehow, and "None" would mean I was successful but nothing happened.  (So yes, obviously the investigation I had was not cop or anything, but of the follower/tracker/voyeur/watcher variety)

It just occurred to me to check and it turns out that "No result" and "None" are the same, so this is all nonsense.

BLEH.

I'll be back later, hopefully to be less shit.  Carry on.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »

Given that you have essentially claimed your role, why not tell us your specific results from sudgy and from last night?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 22, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »

That's an understandable mistake... I'd also think "No Result" = blocked intuitively.

Not sure if a claim is good. I think you should make the call. how much does it help town vs scum

Although I didn't know if it was good for me either so *shrug*

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:25 pm »

Vote: LaLight
An inexperienced SK would claim vig, and J Reggie was pretty darn townie.
Vote: Roadrunner

He's my guess for Mafia based on what I had read yesterday. I don't think there's been any evidence of a SK, has there? Also, why couldn't an inexperienced Mafia player claim Vig?

Do think that the Reggie kill is a bit suspicious as I'm not really seeing a reason why LaLight would have killed him.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 22, 2016, 03:56:57 pm »

so I will do a weird partial claim.

EFHW is probably town based on some results I have here.

partiel claim end.
OK, partial claiming sounds good.  I can pretty much clear Archetype based on some results.
Neat.

Also, why is EFHW probably town? The "weakening" thing?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:00 pm »

Given that you have essentially claimed your role, why not tell us your specific results from sudgy and from last night?
This is some pretty heavy handed role fishing. I don't know if scum would do this.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: September 22, 2016, 05:41:28 pm »

Vote: LaLight
An inexperienced SK would claim vig, and J Reggie was pretty darn townie.
Vote: Roadrunner

He's my guess for Mafia based on what I had read yesterday. I don't think there's been any evidence of a SK, has there? Also, why couldn't an inexperienced Mafia player claim Vig?

Do think that the Reggie kill is a bit suspicious as I'm not really seeing a reason why LaLight would have killed him.

The reason is that there seems to be another source of NKs.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 22, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »

Roadrunner is an IC!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 23, 2016, 05:04:02 am »

That's an understandable mistake... I'd also think "No Result" = blocked intuitively.

Not sure if a claim is good. I think you should make the call. how much does it help town vs scum

Although I didn't know if it was good for me either so *shrug*
Nyeh.  I guess it's fine to claim my N1 action in full.  I voyeured sudgy, No Result.  Not nearly as helpful as I thought it might have been.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 23, 2016, 06:49:39 am »

Also LaLight: what RMM are you from?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 23, 2016, 07:09:29 am »

I'd rather not answer yet.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 23, 2016, 07:10:32 am »

Or you're scum who didn't really think about that so now you're looking for an even night vig?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 23, 2016, 07:12:38 am »

Or you're scum who didn't really think about that so now you're looking for an even night vig?

no. Again. I wouldn't claim in this case. I can claim my RMM. I'd rather not though

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 23, 2016, 07:16:08 am »

How many even-night vigs can there be?  I'll go hunting for them when I get a chance.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 23, 2016, 07:22:19 am »

Also, can you please tell me, is probability high that I will be killed at night? as a vig?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 23, 2016, 07:24:14 am »

ok. well. also I have this curse card, so I don't think I can fix something. I'm from Dr. Who RMM12

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 23, 2016, 08:01:58 am »

ok. well. also I have this curse card, so I don't think I can fix something. I'm from Dr. Who RMM12
Who was targeted by your RB actions?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 23, 2016, 08:02:30 am »

Who was targeted by your RB actions?

As I told, I threw Pokeball at WW on N1.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 23, 2016, 08:05:14 am »

For reference
Welcome to Time War Mafia, [username]. You are River Song, an enabled Time-Travelling odd-night Roleblocker, even-night Vigilante. You are a Time Traveler: each night, you may pick a night to travel to other than the current one. You may not cross your own time-stream (travel to the same night twice). Should you ever be forced to do so, you will be a pure Vanilla Townie for the duration of your “second” visit. You are an odd-night Roleblocker. On odd-numbered nights, you may PM me the name of one other player. Any actions performed by that player will fail. You are an even-night Vigilante. On even-numbered nights, you may PM me the name of another player. That player will be killed.

For example, if it is an odd-numbered night and you travel to an even-numbered night, your action would be even-night Vigilante.

Alignment: Town
Flavor Name: River Song
Passive Ability: enabled regeneration (bulletproof from the first kill to target you each night)
Active Ability: enabled Time Travel, odd-night Roleblocker, even-night Vigilante

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, and there is at least one town player alive.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 23, 2016, 08:06:47 am »

For reference
Welcome to Time War Mafia, [username]. You are River Song, an enabled Time-Travelling odd-night Roleblocker, even-night Vigilante. You are a Time Traveler: each night, you may pick a night to travel to other than the current one. You may not cross your own time-stream (travel to the same night twice). Should you ever be forced to do so, you will be a pure Vanilla Townie for the duration of your “second” visit. You are an odd-night Roleblocker. On odd-numbered nights, you may PM me the name of one other player. Any actions performed by that player will fail. You are an even-night Vigilante. On even-numbered nights, you may PM me the name of another player. That player will be killed.

For example, if it is an odd-numbered night and you travel to an even-numbered night, your action would be even-night Vigilante.

Alignment: Town
Flavor Name: River Song
Passive Ability: enabled regeneration (bulletproof from the first kill to target you each night)
Active Ability: enabled Time Travel, odd-night Roleblocker, even-night Vigilante

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, and there is at least one town player alive.

I'm not bulletproof though.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:27 am »

well, I think I'm gonna die. Whom should I give Curse Card? Scum, tell me who you are, please.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.