Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 209698 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (1+ spot left! Get 'em while they're hot!)
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 01:24:43 pm »

Note changes to section 1 and section 9 of the setup post.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 02:05:47 pm »

Note changes to section 1 and section 9 of the setup post.

As if I read those.  Ha.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 04:28:53 pm »

I was a time traveller in Gkrieg's game and didn't get to travel through time because bananas and lame. So please make me a time traveller in this game : ) Third party preferred ^^

Thanks!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 04:30:30 pm »

I was a time traveller in Gkrieg's game and didn't get to travel through time because bananas and lame. So please make me a time traveller in this game : ) Third party preferred ^^

Thanks!

Pray to the gods of random.org and your wish may come true!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »

This game will not start until it has at least 13 players and it is on or past Monday, September 5th.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (1+ spot left! Game starts Monday if full!)
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2016, 11:09:58 am »

/in!

I originally didn't want to get involved playing a game, but this looks too good to pass up.

SirMartin

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2016, 11:23:50 am »

/tag

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2016, 11:27:20 am »

The signup list for this game reads very promising :) Yay for Archetype, sudgy and WW!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2016, 12:11:55 pm »

/in!

I originally didn't want to get involved playing a game, but this looks too good to pass up.

Yay!!!

So signups are still open. This game will start on Monday, per Calamitas' request and my business.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Signups still open! Game starts Monday!)
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2016, 01:06:02 pm »

I'll /in, if you can take a 14th. If not, put me on the sub list.  I actually like subbing!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »

I'll /in, if you can take a 14th. If not, put me on the sub list.  I actually like subbing!
You're in!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2016, 01:31:34 am »

Note a change to set up section 9: Giving away Items and all Item actions must be completed in the current game phase. No Time Traveling with Item actions.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2016, 06:47:03 pm »

Okay, here's what I'm going to do:

Signups are now closed!

I'm going to put finishing touches on and roll the setup today, and give out PMs tomorrow so that N0 will end on Tuesday.

For now, the thread is still open.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Signups closed! PMs coming out Sunday!)
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:45 pm »

/tag
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Signups closed! PMs coming out Sunday!)
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2016, 02:17:40 pm »

Okay, it's time!!!

Thread locked! (except for tags)

PMs going out now. Night 0 will end Tuesday, September 6 at 2:00 PM FT. Remember, no actions can be done on Night 0 unless specified.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 03:10:56 pm by mail-mi »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (PMs are OUT! N0!)
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2016, 03:10:44 pm »

All PMs are out! Please /confirm in your role QTs.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2016, 04:30:30 pm »

Note: Even if you have a factional QT, please confirm in your personal QT anyway.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

Sudden darkness.

“What--what happened?!” someone shouted. “Did the island do this? Hello?”

“Yoshi!” someone--or something--shouted, followed immediately by a “Pika pika!”

“Ouch!” another voice. “Where’d my chair go?! And my Dominion! I was enjoying that game!!”

Suddenly, a voice boomed louder than any other, silencing everyone else. “Oh my... It worked! After all these years... Ashersky, hit the lights!”

A bright light flashed on. After finally regaining sight, everyone looked around to see...walls. Four black, uniform, featureless walls, and a black featureless ceiling high above their heads. The crowd itself was definitely
not uniform. Some dressed in rags, others wore the clothing of medieval knights, and still others were dressed in suits and dresses. Some weren’t even human.

“You probably have a lot of questions, like why am I here? Where did my home go? Who is this guy speaking to me on the loudspeaker?” Looking up, most members of the crowd noticed the window on the front wall. It looked in on a strange room, filled with whirring machines and flashing lights. Two men were in the observation room: one walked around, checking the machines, while the other sat in front of a desk, speaking into a microphone. Both seemed exuberant; the seated man’s grin seemed to split his face in two. “Luckily for you, I can answer all of those questions!

“The guy speaking to you on the loudspeaker is ME!” The seated man waved his arm enthusiastically in the air. More than one member of the crowd rolled their eyes. “I’m mail-mi, and the guy at the machines is ashersky. Say hi, ashersky!” The man at the machines turned and gave a small wave. He--ashersky--wasn’t quite as excitable as mail-mi, it seemed.

Mail-mi continued to speak. “I’m also the guy who brought you all here. Don’t worry about the how, most of you wouldn’t understand it any way. Don’t worry about your homes either--you’ll be able to get back to them in a jiffy! If you’re still alive, that is.”

Several members of the crowd perked up. “What?” “Still alive?” “Pika!” “Are... are we going to be dying?”

“Hush, hush, I was just getting to that!” mail-mi said happily. “As to why you’re here...well, that requires a little bit of explanation. I have been working for years, scouring the multiverse, trying to achieve my dream. And now, now that you’re all here with me, my dream has come true!

“You’re all here so I can watch the perfect Mafia game!”

“What?!” a finely dressed man in the crowd shouted. “You ripped me away from my family, and stuck me in this room, so that you could watch me play a
game?!” The man reached into his suit coat and pulled out a small handgun, and shot it at the glass. As the bullet approached, it slowed, then started to fade. Finally, it vanished, leaving no trace that it had ever even been shot.

“Oh, Moriarty, that’s just not allowed.” mail-mi announced with a pout. “And I will not tolerate anybody breaking my rules. Ashersky, vaporize him.”

With a nod, ashersky walked to one of the machines and pressed one of the buttons on it. Everyone in the room gasped in shock as the man, Moriarty, began to fade from view, then ultimately disappeared.

“Do we have any idea where vaporized people end up, ash?” the loudspeaker mumbled. “No? I guess he’s probably just somewhere between two universes. Probably won’t survive the night!” The loudspeaker came back on full-volume. “So, anyway. Some of you are bad guys! You good guys better kill all the bad guys before they kill you. There’s a noose hanging over near the left wall for you to use, or a sword close by it if that’s what you prefer. Just please don’t let the blood get on the floor, I just had this room built and I’d hate to get bloodstains on it so early.”

Everyone glanced at the other people in the room, all too horrified to speak.

mail-mi’s euphoric and insane voice came on the loudspeaker one last time. “You’re going to play Mafia, and I’m going to watch. Oh, this is gonna be so much FUN!”

Day 1 starts now!

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (14): faust, silverspawn, Roadrunner7671, gkreig13, Lalight, J Reggie, sudgy, Haddock, iguanaiguana, Seprix, Witherweaver, Calamitas, Archetype, EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at 2:00 PM FT on Tuesday, September 13th.

THREAD UNLOCKED
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:04:10 pm by mail-mi »

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:01 pm »

/first
vote: WW

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2016, 02:04:44 pm »

vote: mail-mi for beeing evil :D
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2016, 02:06:21 pm »

Vote: faust
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »

vote: Calamitas because explaining votes is scummy

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2016, 02:09:37 pm »

Mail-Mi is more of a monster than I originally thought.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »

vote: Calamitas because explaining votes is scummy
vote: gkrieg Contradicts himself which is an obvious scum tell
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2016, 02:10:22 pm »

Save the Roadrunner, save the town!

...that joke used up all the Heroes knowledge I possess.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.