Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bridge Troll - Adventure  (Read 2563 times)

Jojo

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Bridge Troll - Adventure
« on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »

Hey all,

I had a big discussion with a friend this evening about the -1 token of the bridge troll :D
One said that the rule takes effect if you get +1 from an action-card BUT ALSO if you are buying something. The argumentation: If u play your money-cards from the hand, only then you dont have them in the game and only then you ,,get +X-money,,
So if you recieve money from your hand you getting -1 value.
The other one said you just getting -1, if you play an action card with +x written on it.

In our deck there was just on +1-money-action-card. So the bridge troll has with the second rule not the biggest effect on the game.

Can you please comment, which rule you prefer or which rule is the right one :)

Thank you very much
Julius
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:43:47 am by Jojo »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
Re: Bride Troll - Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 05:59:30 pm »
+4

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:02:12 pm »
+3

Here are the rules from the Wiki, which I believe comes directly from the rule book.  Here's the relevant line:

It causes the player to get less the next time he gets ; for example if the next the player gets is from playing a Gold, instead of he would have .

And another line which is more succinct:

It applies to any source of , such as Treasures, Action effects, and other effects like Borrow.

So it sounds like your first friend had the right idea.

Hope this helps!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »

Welcome to the forums. :)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:18:49 pm »
+1

Note that there is no difference between money you get from a treasure like Copper, and money you get from an action like Woodcutter. They're both just money.

Also, whether or not you buy something has nothing to do with getting money.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:21:47 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jojo

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge Troll - Adventure
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 10:33:09 am »

Thank you very much for your help. Sorry for the late answer.. Had some examinations ;)

So just that I get it right:

Does the -1 token of Bridge Troll has any effect on money cards you play? Like for example, you have 4 copper on your Hand and the -1 token on your Wirtshaus and want to buy a card that has a Cost of 4, is it possible to buy the card(4) or can you just buy a card with the cost of 3?

The difficult part is, wether you ,,get,, money from playing your own copper from your hand or do you have the money already and then the -1 token does nothing.

Maybe the -1 token affects the option: ,,Buying money,, with money. In this case you ,,getting,, money.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge Troll - Adventure
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 10:43:44 am »
+1

Thank you very much for your help. Sorry for the late answer.. Had some examinations ;)

So just that I get it right:

Does the -1 token of Bridge Troll has any effect on money cards you play? Like for example, you have 4 copper on your Hand and the -1 token on your Wirtshaus and want to buy a card that has a Cost of 4, is it possible to buy the card(4) or can you just buy a card with the cost of 3?

The difficult part is, wether you ,,get,, money from playing your own copper from your hand or do you have the money already and then the -1 token does nothing.

Maybe the -1 token affects the option: ,,Buying money,, with money. In this case you ,,getting,, money.

Playing Copper generates 1 Coin or 1 Money - you don't have the money / coin until the copper is played. When you play a Copper to get coin / money, you first lose the token, so if you had a hand of 4 Copper and had not lost your -$1 token yet, you would have a total of $3 after playing the 4 copper.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.