Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47  All

Author Topic: M85: Olympics Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 116186 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1075 on: September 04, 2016, 01:26:32 pm »

oups. I didn't. I saw the vote and was excited ot be an IC.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 04, 2016, 02:12:46 pm »

So yeah silver is an IC because of the roleblocking.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 04, 2016, 03:24:58 pm »

ohh that's right. That too.

But let's not forget that I was towny anyway :P

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1078 on: September 04, 2016, 03:41:31 pm »

So obviously vote: iguana

There's a problem here.

Everyone wants to lynch Seprix, where at least one person really shouldn't. It's not clear at all which bodyguard is scum, so why would scum bus?

Roadrunner's scrambling is towny enough to convince me that scum is not bussing, and is on the lynch. I'm super suspicious of silverspawn/Seprix right now.

Vote: Seprix

This is a good point against iguana: scum iguana (since he is scum, no ands ifs or buts) tries to redirect away from his partner's lynch onto Seprix.

town points to iguana.

No, I say all of this as scum for the town points, and to confuse and annoy them. But here I happen to be saying it as town because I seriously don't know which one to lynch.

this doesn't look good at all.

And here's this from me:

Hold up.

Why is everyone against RR now? I was just looking through the claims again on reread.

Firstly, while Calamitas and Seprix do have some incentive to claim bodyguard as scum, it's so little compared to RR's incentive. RR has to get out of a tracker claim, the other two are just counterclaims. If I'm scum!Calamitas, and maybe scum!Seprix (though I can see scum!seprix claiming to just add a lot of confusion to the mix), I think "well, i shouldn't claim bodyguard anymore, maybe roleblocker or doctor?"

RR's flailing is what convinced me fully. Still think it could be seprix/RR, but I'm more convinced on RR now than I am on seprix.

vote: roadrunner. he's at L-something now.

Why in the world do I post this as RR's partner? Attention was just moving away from him, I could have kept it away from him. But instead I choose to bring it back onto him.

If Roadrunner is town, I'll be chatting with him after the game about how not to get lynched.

Vote: Roadrunner L-1

This is iguana, after my post, jumping in for the opportunistic bus.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 04, 2016, 04:13:58 pm »

confirming town now. and confirming sleep :P

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: September 04, 2016, 05:37:21 pm »

Vote: Mail mi at work still
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 04, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »

It's up to you silver.

I don't know what will convince you to lynch iguana, but I will answer any questions you have for me (to defend myself or accuse iguana).

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 04, 2016, 07:44:54 pm »

It's up to you silver.

I don't know what will convince you to lynch iguana, but I will answer any questions you have for me (to defend myself or accuse iguana).

If there were magic words that could make silverspawn lynch me, I'm sure you would say them : ) Otherwise, your case is pretty uh lame.

I will go through your posts and point out the scum motivation in the next few days. I can talk through what I was thinking when I made certain posts as well if silver would like me too. I'm happy to be transparent here, but I do feel like town is very likely to win this game so I'm not too worried about it to exhaust tons and tons of effort.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 04, 2016, 07:47:32 pm »

I will say that I'm very glad Calamitas was the bodyguard, and that you are the scum. A final day of Calamitas/Iguana/Mail-mi would have been a torturous experience for all three of us I imagine. Convincing silver that I am town should be easier. I imagine that he'll be able to figure it out for himself ^^

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 04, 2016, 09:11:04 pm »

It's up to you silver.

If there were magic words that could make silverspawn lynch me, I'm sure you would say them : ) Otherwise, your case is pretty uh lame.

I will go through your posts and point out the scum motivation in the next few days. I can talk through what I was thinking when I made certain posts as well if silver would like me too. I'm happy to be transparent here, but I do feel like town is very likely to win this game so I'm not too worried about it to exhaust tons and tons of effort.

Of course, because you need to be lynched for us to win. yeah, because i haven't reread everything of yours yet.

iguana is too confident.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M85: Olympics Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1085 on: September 05, 2016, 02:41:19 am »

Silverspawn: Every single post he's made. Like I said, he's the only veteran. He has to be a leader.

Saying he's the only veteran is a strong claim that feels like it's intended to sway newbies in a direction that might have us sheeping Silver. I'd like to encourage against that: I've read a few games, including play by Seprix and Iguana as well as RR and Silver, so I know there's more other experience here than this post would have us believe.

People I know nothing about are LaLight and Calamitas, who I think are my fellow total newbies. Mail-mi, have you played in other games before this one?

I believe Roadrunner still considers himself to be a newbie, and only has a high enough opinion of a select few players to call them veterans. This kind of a comment from him is probably not a scum tell.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 05, 2016, 02:49:01 am »

iguana, point me to your most recent normal scum game, please.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 05, 2016, 02:58:42 am »

Seprix is the most scummy one so far, I think.

LaLight really seems genuine, so townie points there.

RR: why does ss have to be leader? This seems like it could be a set up for "we mislynched, but I was just sheeping the leader, so it's not my fault!"

But I really don't like Seprix's play so far. It just feels wrong. vote: seprix

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:37 am »

Probably its just "coincidence", but i kind of believe in the Seprix-iguana mafia by now. The interaction between those two is just weird. The following things have drawn my attention:

1. In #89 iguana reacts quite harshly to a post from Seprix
2. In #114 iguana attacks Seprix for his accusatiom of me
3. Suddenly iguana defends Seprix when he was accused (#161)

And now starts the more interesting part:

4. Seprix voting for iguana in #204 in a post containing "by the way". (I think that is supposed to make the post look more spontaneous, but does it over the top IMO)
5. Iguana naming the error and seprix correcting the mistake within the minute
6. Seprix claiming iguana is not a good lynch option
7. After me posting my thoughts in #262 Seprix and iguana have been more active than before (which for itself is understandable)
8. Within 7, iguana defended seprix again (#265) just to attack him a few posts later again (#269) which matches the pattern of number 1 respectively 3

IMO the behavior above is very weird either way. I cannot think of a regular explanation for all that kind of flip-flopping. However, if they would really form the mafia, wouldn't they be more careful since they are quite experienced?

Calling scumteams day 1 usually doesn't lead to good reads.

However, I don't like iguana's flip floppiness on Seprix either, so he's on the scummy side of things.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:50 am »

Roadrunner, since you are currently not voting, what are your thoughts on Seprix and Jospeh which currently hold the most votes? I personally think that Seprix is the more suspicious one (for various reasons that I have outlined before) but Josephs inactivity certainly doesn't speak for him.
It's nice to have people who want to hear my opinion <3

But I'd say both Seprix and Joseph are in my lynch pool, along with iguanaiguana. If I had to give them a suspicious rating I'd say Seprix is the most suspicious, then Iguanaiguana then Joseph.

Actually:
Seprix gets a 7.5 out of 10
Iguanaiguana gets a 5.9 out of 10
Joseph gets a 5.5 out of 10.

Or something like that. But there's a much bigger gap between Seprix and Iguanaiguana then there is between Iguanaiguana and Joseph.

The problem with Seprix and Joseph is that they're hard to read, so lynching them is more of a toss up than it would be between other players. That's a double edged sword though, because their reads are usually a bit off, so they're still not the worst lynch. I don't want to jump on a wagon before I get off a mobile device. A reread is required before voting

You read me better than anyone. You should know that I am town.
I don't think I read you that well! I probably read you better than I read most people but Faust, silverspawn, Ashersky, etc can probably all read you better

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:25 am »

I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. :P
I'll wait to complain about you voting for me until you figure that out

I don't like your reaction to or read on iguanna and think it is scummy.

I tried to go into more detail above but it didn't really work.
Mail-mi: 'I think iguanaiguna is town!'

Roadrunner: 'I'm not sure what iguanaiguana is! But I don't really want to lynch him for it, so I guess I'll just put him in my unsure group'

Mail-mi: 'HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!!!!! TO THE GALLOWS WITH YOU, INFIDEL!!!!!'

Important bit you missed there bolded for your convenience.
Thanks, fixed.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:35 am »

Roadrunner, since you are currently not voting, what are your thoughts on Seprix and Jospeh which currently hold the most votes? I personally think that Seprix is the more suspicious one (for various reasons that I have outlined before) but Josephs inactivity certainly doesn't speak for him.

But I'd say both Seprix and Joseph are in my lynch pool, along with iguanaiguana. If I had to give them a suspicious rating I'd say Seprix is the most suspicious, then Iguanaiguana then Joseph.

Actually:

Or something like that. But there's a much bigger gap between Seprix and Iguanaiguana then there is between Iguanaiguana and Joseph.

The problem with Seprix and Joseph is that they're hard to read, so lynching them is more of a toss up than it would be between other players. That's a double edged sword though, because their reads are usually a bit off, so they're still not the worst lynch. I don't want to jump on a wagon before I get off a mobile device. A reread is required before voting

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:48 am »

Silverspawn: Every single post he's made. Like I said, he's the only veteran. He has to be a leader.

Saying he's the only veteran is a strong claim that feels like it's intended to sway newbies in a direction that might have us sheeping Silver. I'd like to encourage against that: I've read a few games, including play by Seprix and Iguana as well as RR and Silver, so I know there's more other experience here than this post would have us believe.

People I know nothing about are LaLight and Calamitas, who I think are my fellow total newbies. Mail-mi, have you played in other games before this one?

I believe Roadrunner still considers himself to be a newbie, and only has a high enough opinion of a select few players to call them veterans. This kind of a comment from him is probably not a scum tell.
Come on.

Let's look at the players
LaLight: I know he's a newb
Roadrunner: I'm definitely not a veteran by any stretch!
Iguana iguana: I havr a high opinion, I just don't consider you a veteran
Mail-Mi: I didn't know
Silver spawn: He's a vetetan by my definition
Calamitas: He's a newb too
Space: See Calamitas and LaLight
Seprix: Maybe I'd call him a veteran if he didn't play so much like me. I still have a high opinion of him though
Joseph: See Seprix

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:56 am »

Actually:

You read me better than anyone. You should know that I am town.
I don't think I read you that well! I probably read you better than I read most people but Faust, silverspawn, Ashersky, etc can probably all read you better

silver reads me very well. Disagree on the other two. The only game where either Faust or Ash and me were both town was Harry Potter Mafia where I got lynched early on D1 and they were townies on the wagon.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 05, 2016, 03:07:14 am »

Seprix is the most scummy one so far, I think.

LaLight really seems genuine, so townie points there.

RR: why does ss have to be leader? This seems like it could be a set up for "we mislynched, but I was just sheeping the leader, so it's not my fault!"

But I really don't like Seprix's play so far. It just feels wrong. vote: seprix
I didn't say he was supposed to be a leader. I said that he needed to stop being mysterious and using bold, colored fonts. I do not think anyone should sheep silverspawn just because he's a veteran

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: September 05, 2016, 03:07:21 am »

Uh, yes you did.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 05, 2016, 03:13:07 am »

Time for a reads list!!

1. silverspawn--was acting weird. Still haven't figured out why, could be scummy. Wouldn't be unhappy with a lynch.
2. Calamitas--townier than ss, but still wouldn't be unhappy with a lynch. would prefer not to lynch today though because newbie.
3. Seprix--preferred lynch
4. Roadrunner7671--As stated above, isn't as bad as I thought he was. Would hesitantly vote for him.
5. Iguanaiguana--town
6. Mail-mi--IC
7. SpaceAnemone--newbie, and town. Would not lynch.
8. LaLight--despite what others have said, i think he's genuine town. Would only lynch if it's the only possible option
9. Joseph2302--eh, null. would lynch if necessary.

So, a scum to chum list. (does nobody call it that anymore? if so, that's sad.)

Seprix
silverspawn/joseph
Calamitas
RR
Lalight
iguana
Spaceanenome
mail-mi

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 05, 2016, 03:15:27 am »

vote: LaLight

Respond to MailMi or I have intent to hammer.

Then hammer, scum.

PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are town, give us your reads, give us something before you die!!

DON"T JUST GIVE UP YOU FOOL ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 05, 2016, 03:15:38 am »

Okay, rereading the bit with RR and iguana, it's not as bad as I thought it was. I still don't like it, though, but I'm going to unvote

What's worse is this:

vote: Iguana

Huh.. just as I was starting to get a reasonable level of town vibe from him, too.
'Him' being Seprix or Iguanaiguana?

Obviously me. I'm almost certain Iguana is scum now.
Scale of 1 to 10. ! is IC. 5 is null. 10 is confirmed scum.

How certain are you?

Seprix did not answer this question, yet he has posted after that (only once though) and has been on since then. Town people don't avoid questions, scum does. vote: seprix

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 05, 2016, 03:15:50 am »

<b>Jospeh </b>

Either silverspawn has some information we don't and Jospeh is actuallt scum or he is basically dead (D2 lynch). Case 1 doesn't allow us testing by killing silver, we could just take an important power role of the game. If he turns out lying we should stop handling him with kid gloves and just kill him.

Wow, that's a really, really bad Scumslip.

vote: Calamitas

Stop being awful. Can I please point you to 50 places in the past where we've talked about how making a bolding mistake isn't really a scum slip? Especially day one in someone's first (I think?) mafia game where mafia hasn't even made a kill yet and every single town has had to confirm their role, and many of them did it via QT.

Good God Seprix, I will not stop correcting your horrible play until you stop doing it. Please, no more of this.
Vote: Iguanaiguana

Soon after making this post, you voted for Calamitas. Being flippity floppity is scummy
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47  All

Page created in 1.903 seconds with 20 queries.