Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: they never stop, do they  (Read 1444 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
they never stop, do they
« on: July 12, 2016, 08:18:38 pm »

Code: [Select]
Travelling Fair, Poor House, Coin of the Realm, Pawn, Swindler, Magpie, Miser, Remodel, Spy, Fairgrounds, Bank
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160713/log.0.1468368583606.txt

there are boards on the sloggy side without ruins and shelters where fairgrounds are good.
things:
-remodel magpie into fairgrounds
-kingdom as a whole is on the cheap side +travelling fair to forget about but in theory buy the cheaper cards quickly
-magpie/bank allows for buying multiple fairgrounds, except i thought i would need a lot of pawns to accomplish that, of course forgetting the other fair
-you get curses anyway from swindler
-potential threepile although that wasn't really necessary i think

cons:
-swindler might kick away uniques, but your opponent has to really be paying attention
-miser and poor house are useless but you can't win em all
-how did i not notice travelling fair. goddamn

but yeah. magpie/bank works, though i guess this isn't really the kingdom for it. also, woo!
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: they never stop, do they
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:02 pm »

I could be wrong, but Miser seems like a very useful card here.  There are good cheap cards to get so your Miser turns won't be wasted, and playing lots of Misers reduces the chances of Swindler giving you Curses.  Coin of the Realm can give you the actions you need to play multiple Misers, and Travelling Fair lets you use all the money you get from them.  You can either add them to the Magpie/Bank strategy, or go for a totally different strategy with lots of Misers, CotR, and Poor House (never drawing, but playing multiple Misers/Poor Houses).  Pawn and Swindler will be useful no matter which strategy you use.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 09:36:47 pm »

I could be wrong, but Miser seems like a very useful card here.  There are good cheap cards to get so your Miser turns won't be wasted, and playing lots of Misers reduces the chances of Swindler giving you Curses.  Coin of the Realm can give you the actions you need to play multiple Misers, and Travelling Fair lets you use all the money you get from them.  You can either add them to the Magpie/Bank strategy, or go for a totally different strategy with lots of Misers, CotR, and Poor House (never drawing, but playing multiple Misers/Poor Houses).  Pawn and Swindler will be useful no matter which strategy you use.
Wouldn't recommend using poor houses because cotr.
You have a valid point mostly because the game is so long.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 09:41:56 pm »

Wouldn't recommend using poor houses because cotr.
You have a valid point mostly because the game is so long.

Poor house still isn't amazing, but it should always give +$2 at least after getting rid of the Coppers, and it will sometimes give +$3.  If nothing else, it's an extra unique card for Fairgrounds.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »
+1

This is just a shitty Swindler BM game, really. Open Magpie/Swindler, get Bank later on, Fairgrounds could be pursued potentially. The only thing that might be cute is turning Magpies with Remodel into Fairgrounds/Duchies.

Poor House is not a great idea here. Waste of terminal space that could be a Swindler. I wouldn't even try to build any sort of engine here.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:48:06 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.